Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Engine not turning over

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:00 AM
timjacksn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine not turning over

Hi I'm new to nitro engine monster trucks I have a savage X. The problem that i'm having is the engine won't turn over. I have a electric roto starter 2 and its fully charged, the roto turn but the engine just turns but it won't turn over to start. I've had my savage for 6 month and never had any trouble. Can someone please let my know what happen so i can fix it. I tought it was thegears but there fine. Any help would be greatly need.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
dark321devil

Default RE: Engine not turning over

it could be a couple things. Either flooded engine, bad or slipping one way bearing or a broken gear in the roto-start. When you press the button is the roto-start turniong or no? Is it turning but the flywheel not turning?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Philster

Advance the throttle. Use the throttle trim tab and advance the throttle as much as 25-35% prior to priming and prior to starting. For now, start with the wheels off the ground, too, until you get squared away (break in, tuning, etc)

Enjoy.

Use fresh fuel. If fuel has sat in tank, suck it out and start with fresh fuel. Don't leave container open or in light.

Let me know what happens.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Grits

I'd guess the OWB might be slipping. I'm not familiar with HPI's setup. If the owb is inside the engine then pour a little fuel straight into the carb or glow plug hole and tilt the truck so the owb is lower than the engine and work the crank back and forth a bit. That works for me. If the owb is outside the engine then you should be able to loosen a screw or two and squirt some fuel or wd-40 to it. You may need to remove/replace if these ideas don't help.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:17 AM
losi13

Ya I have to agree with dark321devil. Sounds like your engine is flooded. When I have encountered this, I remove the glow plug and turn the vehicle over and crank over the engine to remove the extra fuel. See if that helps.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:44 AM
RBMike

Can you turn the fly wheel by hand?