Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

PowerHouse RC Performance Race Engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:19 PM
oshaym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PowerHouse RC Performance Race Engines

what would be the best motor to buy if you only had $300 to spend modded or not
Old 09-23-2009, 12:49 AM
iexion

ORIGINAL: savagecommander

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: iexion

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

I have a ?
What are your thoughts on superchargers?
Can they be effective on a 2 stroke nitro engine?
I know a guy that runs an insane pull truck and he runs a supercharger and swears by it.
He has won many competitions with his supercharged MT.

Thanks in advance.
A [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9096987/anchors_9096987/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9096987]Trend[/link] I started on that very subject
Thanks for that link.
I never believed that a supercharger would really work well in an engine that has no mechanical valves.
That post was worded just to not start out with a negative and answering my own question in the process.

I do know a guy that does truck pulls and does very well and holds a record or maybe two for weight pulled.
He swears by his supercharger and says that everyone that says they don't work dosen't know how to tune them.
I watched Sqirrels vids and one thing the the guy I know does is to run a pressure line and check valve off the blower to the fuel tank for higher fuel pressure.

I do believe that he has one that works well in his application.
However you will never catch me buying a blower for any of my RC vehicles.
wankels got no valves and its turbo-
True that, but what are the odds we are going to see a 1/10 or 1/8 rotary RC engine on the market (anytime soon)? And not have it be $500+ w/ some serious chassis mods to retro fit it?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: oshaym

what would be the best motor to buy if you only had $300 to spend modded or not
I was just in the same boat, and wanting to spend only $200, but for about $300 I got a new Orion 24 including used 2056 pipe... Hope it's good..
Old 09-23-2009, 05:34 PM
noginblue

can any one give me any clues on what port i would change to give me more low end/mid/high speed i want to get more mid out of my engine, i have timed it and come out with 200deg for the crank, 165deg for the exahust and 118 deg for the inlet/boost ports, which one would you change and in what way to give me more mid range or high speed cheers
Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM
PowerHouse RC Performance
My Feedback: (1)

As far as engines for $300 or less modded or not, I like the plus21-4 for $299 stock, the P5XL/T for $260/265 stock and $310/315 modded or the B21 Limited for $150 stock or $200 modded. If you want .28's, I have plus28-3's for $235 stock and $295 modded. I also have plus28-5T's for $255 stock and $315 modded. Any of those would be great engines for the money. It will come down to what you want to spend and what size engine you want to go with.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:51 AM
strtzpmp

how much for a modded 12-18? i tryed doing the turbine crank yesterday with two smooth curved scoop facing oppposite directions....just wanted somthing to do on the crank and thought that was something cool to do....i tried the 10 drill marked one that you did on the first page....didnt workout well the dremel bounced around like tyrone looking for redballs! sorry for stealing your concept, just wanted to try it out. i might buy a 12-18 off you modded if you got 1 when i get my cash up, i live in granville, ny so it should take to long for shippin right??
Old 09-24-2009, 01:26 PM

It is not as easy as it looks lol. My turbo port package is $95 including shipping and shipping is only a couple days. I can get an engine for you if you would like. Just let me know when you are ready to go!! Thanks for your interest!!

Old 09-24-2009, 02:55 PM
strtzpmp

i was thinking of a os 18 cv-r or tz, when i do get it done ill get the highest stage mod done....no thank you sir for being apart of the rc industry....any thought of moddinga hpibaja engine?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM

Sounds good! Let me know. As far as the baja engines, I have done several and they work very well. Almost too well as they are hard enough to get the power to the ground as it is. With some race porting, head work and a jetpro pipe, they are pretty sweet. Depending on what fuel you want to run, I can make it run even better on pump gas or increase compression to the point of needing 110+ octane. It also depends on how much you want to spend as the gasoline engines are more expensive to modify because they require a lot more work.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:33 AM
bikeracer

Just out of curiosity....have you measured the exhaust gas temperature ?

I only ask because it's one of the figures required in the tuned pipe calculator I use to make my own pipes.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:15 PM

Hello everyone! I am currently running a Christmas special. I just received a whole bunch of the new Novarossi N21R 3 port engines and I am selling them for $135 shipped in the lower 48. They will come in the factory sealed box. I am also offering a special on the race ported version for $185 shipped in the lower 48. If you want ceramic bearings installed, it will be $40 for the entire set installed. These engines are now coming with the large purple cooling head that is found on the P5 series engines. They also have the 14mm crank and the larger 25.4mm rear bearing. Thanks everyone for your continued support!Mark
Old 10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Over_revO

Is it allowed to advertise pricing like that in a forum?

been wondering...

ALL OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES

Non-RCU advertisers may submit one new special R/C related announcement or news thread during any 30 day rolling period. Announcements include only product information or news. No ads, promotions, specials, stock status or the like will be allowed.

Commercial announcements must be made in one forum only and the forum must be applicable to the topic of the commercial announcement thread

Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information.

"Build Threads" are permitted

No "sale" ads or graphical ads allowed. This is for dissemination of product announcement, specials, market research or pertinent news strictly.

No bumping is allowed. Companies should use common sense discretion when adding information so they don't aggravate their customers

Full disclosure of company affiliation is required for these posts.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:28 PM

I do this from time to time on other sites and don't have any problems. If someone sees it and they want to slap me on the wrist, then so be it. The way I see it is, it is my thread that I started about me and my business so I don't see a big deal announcing stuff my my own thread. If I was hi-jacking other theads to push my engines, then that to me would be BS. Last but not least, this thread has been idle for over a month now and I am trying to generate some more traffic. If something happens out of it then great, if nothing happens, then it was worth a shot. If I get in trouble by the thread police and they punish me, then I accept whatever punishment they give me.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:08 PM
chookman46

wankels got no valves and its turbo-

Wankels are still essential a 4 cycle engine. It may have ports and not valve but they still do the same job. It still has 4 individual cycles; inlet, compression, power and exhaust or suck, squeeze, bang, blow. In a 2 cycle both the inlet and exhaust ports are open at the same time, this doesnt happen in a rotary.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:12 AM
monsterpede360

How about a fully built trx 3.3?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:20 AM

Not sure what you are asking about the trx 3.3.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Z350ML

Aren't there "forum police" who make these decisions. It's pretty clear that you are the ultimate ab mods fan, so if you don't plan on buying or getting your engine modified by PowerHouse ... save yourself some heartache dude and just stay out of this thread.
I for one appreciate what Power is doing by posting the prices it allows me the opputunity to compare and get the best deal. I've check out the other modifiers and I see no benifit the ab mods dyno that he uses for advertising has over what Powerhouse or Supertib does; Adam doesn't dyno customers engines so to me it's all the same as if I get one of the others to do it. He doesn't show graphs to prove to me that one type of mod is better or makes more power than another, which makes me really wonder. I'm sure we would like to see the power curve, torque curve and the HP numbers from the same engine that's been modified for RACE and the SAME engine modified for DRAG. If you had a dyno and really wanted to prove something, these are the things that these guys should really be looking for. Maybe instead of him giving a "baseline" and a modified graph he'll give a baseline, race modified, and drag modified graph to show the difference, if any; so that we can justify paying the extra money for a drag v/s race modified engine. Just seems to me if the x-dyno was really worth all the hype that this would be a given, I would just like to know what I'm paying for.

been wondering...

ALL OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES

Non-RCU advertisers may submit one new special R/C related announcement or news thread during any 30 day rolling period. Announcements include only product information or news. No ads, promotions, specials, stock status or the like will be allowed.

Commercial announcements must be made in one forum only and the forum must be applicable to the topic of the commercial announcement thread

Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information.

''Build Threads'' are permitted

No ''sale'' ads or graphical ads allowed. This is for dissemination of product announcement, specials, market research or pertinent news strictly.

No bumping is allowed. Companies should use common sense discretion when adding information so they don't aggravate their customers

Full disclosure of company affiliation is required for these posts.
[/quote]
Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Colt4g63

WOW nice 3rd post..... I don't know what i did or supertib did to deserve that somewhat of a bashing..... I really dunno why you would respond to a post like this especially with only 3 posts on the forum... Hmmm?? I guess actually stepping up and having spent the $ for the X-Dyno to PROVE my work and doing major R&D throughout the years with these engines on and off of the dyno, holding world records which also again proves my work, and coming as far as i have in this industry means nothing?? IMHO If anything it shows how dedicated i am and how seriously I take what i do and do my best to have the BEST engines on the market for my customers.

The dyno isn't about hype or advertising AT ALL its about having a R&D TOOL that you can rely on that is accurate and dependable with no biased results!!! It has absolutely NOTHING to do with selling engine mods and using it as a marketing tool of some sort and its not why i bought the dyno. And im sorry that i don't have every engine available modified in all different stages and on my website... That would literally be impossible... What one guy wants out of one engine wont be what the next guy wants... I put dyno results up not on a daily basis to advertise but only from time to time and simply for comparison for guys looking into my work to give some before and after results. And most are appreciative of me posting dyno results when i do.. even those who have no need for a modified engine as they get to see what the engine does in stock form. I feel like you were a little out of line by bashing on other engine mod companys that do there best to make there customers happy. Personally i just dont think its respectable to get online and try and bash on another company for any reason... I hope you understand where im coming from here.

No matter how hard you try you cant please everyone...

Sorry Mark but something had to be said to hopefully stop the bashing of others... I know you had nothing to do with it and i would hope you would never condone this either. Please continue on with your thread bro and lets try to keep the hate out of the threads. You wont see any of it in my thread as i will ask for it to be taken off if it ever appears out of respect.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:00 PM

I definately would never condone thread bashing. I don't know who Z350ML is so I certainly didn't tellhim to post. I can understand andappreciate what he is trying to do by sticking up for me. Unfortunately no matter where you go in life, there will always be people with opinions and people whowill question what and how you do things.Itry not toworry about it too much. There will also always be those who are loyal to someone who will go off on their own and do and say things that they feel are helping that person out and sometimes it comes off in a negative way making the person they were trying to help out look bad. I would never intentially tell one of my customers to go into other threads to bash or start trouble and I don't think Adam would do that either.

It is an open forum and I did start this thread to talk about my services but it quickly turned into a debate about everything and anything. I would of thought a new thread with general discussion would have been more appropriate but it happened and if I asked everyone who didn't post directly about my services to remove their post, most of this thread would disappear. At first I was a little irritated about it but after awhile I kind of didn't mind it because I was able to respond well and even though some thought I was avoiding certain things, it is more about keeping some things inside the walls as I am in business to make money, not to give step by step instructions how to do things from start to finish so they can do it themselves instead of paying me to do it. I have had many people attempt my methods by looking at pictures and such and there have been alot of scrap engines in the garbage because they thought it was so easy to do and they didn't realize that every engine has different designs and lyaouts that need to be taken into consideration. I don't know everything and never will and I will be the first to admit that but who does? If every person involved in the design and production of products knew everything, things would come out of the factory flawless without ever having any issues or recalls but for some reason, these extremely intelligent people still manage to make mistakes. I don't really think of them as mistake but rather the inability to take every single thing that could possibly happen into account. That would be pretty much impossible to do and like them, I have a great base knowledge of what I do which gives me the ability to take a problem and find a solution based on the different senerios that the engines encounter. That's what keeps me in business and customers happy. The only thing that I don't totally understand is the people who have given me the most flack have never even run an engine I built for them so it's more they assume it doesn't work because they haven't seen that modification style performed on these small engine before and they assume that because it isn't the norm, it doesn't work and I have proven people wrong over and over again and some of my very first problems are now some of my best customers.

One thing I don't do either is judge people. I never judge someone who is new to a forum. I was new once and only had 3 posts and I think that is why I got the flack in the beginning. I have seen people with 10 posts who were smart as a whip and I have seen guys with 4100 posts that were still asking beginner questions and giving information on posts that were misleading so don't make the mistake of stereotyping. As we discussed on the phone Adam, I agree that the dyno is a great tool and I think you are doing the right things with it and this may sound strange coming from mebut anyone who has to see dyno sheets to make them feel more comfortable is one more customer for you!! I have built my reputation byperformance in the field and I continue to grow daily so I can't complain abit as far as how I am running my business. i wouldlove to have a dyno to play with and I would have agreat time with it but itis an expensive investment that I have found 95%of thepeople don't care about. They always tell me the same thing, "we race cars onthe track, not dyno's on the bench". I made the offeronce to get a dyno and what people would pay for dyno services and noone wanted anything to do with it so I saved the $6000 andinvested it into other forms of products to keep people running strong.I agree, lets keep this a friendly forum for open discussion. Thanks guys!!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 PM
ArloRogers

I have a simple question. Of all the BB engines you have worked on which are the best from the Factory?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:38 PM

There are alot of good engines out there but of all the BBengines I have done, I would have to say the Novarossi's are the best. I did however run the Picco P3-28 for a few years and for the money, they were great. They were easy to tune after the race porting, had amazing power all over and lasted quite awhile. They did however have carbs that leaked quite a bit. They made a mess of the engine but never seemed to affect the tune. The engine also had a larger crank pin for more durability but what also happened was the engine showed quite a bit of rod slop after breakin and even after you changed the rod, it still had alot of slop within the next quart or 2 of fuel. I gave up changing the rods after breakin and I still managed to get 6 gallons give or take a little out of the rods before they either broke or where so worn out the timing kept changing and the engine ran erratic. They also were finiky to tune stock and needed the race porting to get the tunability and run time out of them because they either high idled over the jumps causing the vehicle to nose up and cart wheel into the next corner or they had to b so rich, they only got 5 minutes of run time but after the race porting, they tuned in great, held a tune and were getting between 10-12 minutes of run time on a JP pipe.

The Novarossi's however are a few bucks more up front but they have better carbs, are easier to tune, last longer and are just as strong in the performance department. I currently run the Plus28-7T in my truggy and after4-5 gallons, the rod is still pretty tight, the mechanical pinch is perfect, the crank pin has little to no wear, the carb doesn't leak at all and the performance is second to none. It tuned in great and held the same tune all sunner long. If the temp changed by more than 10 degrees, the engine only needed about an hour or 2 on the LSN to bring it back to where it was. I never touched the HSN at all so all in all, that was a great engine. I also haverunthe Plus28-5T and the Plus28-3 and the biggest difference between the 3 engines other than intake port count is the exhaust ports. The 7T has the triple exhaust port setup which gives you a main port in the center and 2 boosters on either side giving the engine more exhaust surface area so it will breath better making it a little stronger all around. The 3 and 5 have a single port but with the advanced timing I give them, they still perform extremely well due to the fact all 3 engine share the same bore and stroke so the timing numbers are all pretty close when finished.

I have also done alot of work on the OS .28XZ and that engine is also wicked with my race porting. It tunes in real easy and will also hold a tune extremely well. The only thing I don't care for about OS is the fact that it seems to wear out too quickly. The mechanical pinch seems to fade rather quickly and loses compression within a few gallons and the rod and crank pin are usually worn beyond spec in that period of time as well. The engine is also the most expensive of the group mentioned and it seems to have the shortest life span. Some other people has claimed they get alot more life out of them and maybe they do but from my experience and operating them the same way ie: proper break in, preheating the engine before start up each and every time and having it tuned properly, I never seemed to get the life out of OS engines and not just the .28, it has been on alot of them including several Vspecs. I think it may be more quality control than anything because I have customers that claimed they usually get about 4-5 gallons out of their OS engines but once in awhile get one they can get over 10 without a problem so what does that mean exactly? Inconsistancy is not something I like to gamble with especially for the price you pay for alot of these engines but the Novarossi's have always treated me very well and I always got great life out of them regardless of the model.

I have worked with the other companies as well such as STS, Go Tech, Thunder Tiger, SH etc. and they all have run decent, I just have gotten similar results as I did with the OS line. They just don't seem to hold up as long. They are alot cheaper than the OS line but they also use inferior metals which makes them more susceptable to premature failures especially when adding more power and the stresses that goes with it. Hope this helps!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Over_revO

ORIGINAL: Z350ML

Aren't there ''forum police'' who make these decisions. It's pretty clear that you are the ultimate ab mods fan, so if you don't plan on buying or getting your engine modified by PowerHouse ... save yourself some heartache dude and just stay out of this thread.
I for one appreciate what Power is doing by posting the prices it allows me the opputunity to compare and get the best deal. I've check out the other modifiers and I see no benifit the ab mods dyno that he uses for advertising has over what Powerhouse or Supertib does; Adam doesn't dyno customers engines so to me it's all the same as if I get one of the others to do it. He doesn't show graphs to prove to me that one type of mod is better or makes more power than another, which makes me really wonder. I'm sure we would like to see the power curve, torque curve and the HP numbers from the same engine that's been modified for RACE and the SAME engine modified for DRAG. If you had a dyno and really wanted to prove something, these are the things that these guys should really be looking for. Maybe instead of him giving a ''baseline'' and a modified graph he'll give a baseline, race modified, and drag modified graph to show the difference, if any; so that we can justify paying the extra money for a drag v/s race modified engine. Just seems to me if the x-dyno was really worth all the hype that this would be a given, I would just like to know what I'm paying for.

been wondering...

I asked a simple question, if it was ABmods i would do the same, was just asking if it was allowed, to my point of view, i wouldnt feel confortable posting pricing...
its just the way i feel if i had a business like that, theres some lines i wouldnt cross for respect of other modder.... its my own opinion you are welcome to not agree i really dont bother with that

Powerhouse answered me and you can see i did not replied anything,i respect his point of view, im not trying to start anyting, just giving an opinion about that...

As for ABmods, yes i am a team driver, and i really like what he do, i can also modify engine myself without problems so its not like i dont know what im talking about and praise someone for fun, i would had no goal to bash on another modding company anyway... Adam know me very well and im pretty unbiaised when it come down to power, for my cars i need a lot of power and i have yet to see a stronger motor than i had from Adam.

The dyno showed exactly what it felt from stock to modified.

since you talked about the dyno, Adam have this tool for his own private testing, he moslty post some of his graph because people wanted to see them, he did not spent 6k on this machine to impress people with graphs, its for R&D.

And what you see on his graph is the strongest pull STOCK he managed to get, and the strongest run modified, i even saw him post average modified runs vs strongest stock runs...

So all in all,

back on powerhouse's thread.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM
ArloRogers

I personally have not purchased a modd for an engine yet but have done alot of looking on the net as I am planing to. I have come accross a lot of Modder and X-Dyno bashing and I don't get it. I believe in the X-Dyno and atribute diferrent results for the same engine to breakin, pipes being used for the test, and the operator. Regaurdless of these factors the numbers produced for stock engines look closer to real than what some of the factories report. I have seen plenty of Modd bashers but not one from a person who purchased a modd and did not like the results. Why would you bash something that you have never tried. The problem with Dyno testing every engine that you did is cost. To include this as part of your service would price most people out of the market.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:20 PM

I definately agree with the dyno as a good tool to have but in this type of market, their is more in word of mouth and performance in the field in terms of final sales than dyno sheets. In the field I used to be in with building race engines for factory polaris, you couldn't live without a dyno but that is a totally different type of market. Engine's cost thousands and most people who were into it had a lot of money and could afford the $30,000 machine and all the tools, supplies and travel expenses that went with it. This hobby on the other hand has many levels. Everything form backyard budget bashers to money is no object racers so there is quite the variety of enthusiasts to offer products and services for. Of all the people I have dealt with over the past few years do not care about dyno results, but how the engine performs in the field. While the dyno is a great tool, there are some things it won't show you such as spool up time, fuel milage and on and off power characteristics. That's where field testing comes in. Some dynos will have a fuel lbs per hour measurement so you can get an idea of what the engine will do at WOT but when you start getting into driving styles, throttle discipline, track conditions etc, that number will no longer matter so again it comes down to field testing and running the engine in various conditions to get an average of what the engine will actually do for the customer. Combine that with the various driving styles and driving ability, I feel it is more important to get the engine to perform to the customers needs, rather than always setting up something to make the most number improvements. Every person operates their vehicle, boat or aircraft differently and that requires a different level of modification targeting different areas of the engine. Some people want the most power they can get their hands on, some want something smooth like an electric car and some want something in between so it is more important for me to understand how engines work and the physics behind them to deliver what the customer wants versus just building a love it or hate it type power delivery. It will take some time for people to trust in what I do and how I do it but word is spreading fast and I am happy with the way things are going and I will continue on with my practices the way I have and hopefully I will continue to grow the way I have over the past few years. I definately agree with what Adam does and I also understand what type of time and money goes into doing the stock engine comparisons alone not to mention what he has to do to do the work of modded vs stock comparisons. And most of time, it is at the cost of his time and pocket book and he doesn't expect anything in return other than the hope of making a few sales from his hard work. I commend Adam for what he has done and continues to do for this hobby and sport. A lot of people that I over hear talking assume we have nothing better to do with our lives or have more money than we know what to do with to buy and test every product on the market and have the answer to every situation people encounter and that is just flat out impossible to do while still trying to run a business and household. That's why I stay in close contact with my customers and bounce ideas back and forth so I can continue to provide the best services possible.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Over_revO

The dyno is definatly not everything i agree, but i did felt in every single the engine i have ran from him, i could felt the gains were exactly the same place you can see on the dyno chart.
Personaly im totaly convinced about the use of the dyno. regardless who own the dyno, if it is properly prepped. I tested several engines and i was really impressed how accurate it was versus real life testing. (minus throttle response and runtime as you said)

for the runtime and throttle response i know how Adam proceed, and i have no worry about that

(im just trying to say from my experience the dyno seem effective and really show where the power is... not trying to attack your company, ive mentionned Adam just because the way you said it it was like Adam just used the dyno to mod his engines and didnt care about throttle response and runtime...)

back on subject

Do you have any videos of your engines? i tried to search sometime ago but coulnt find any

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.