Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Alpha Plus Engines ***Top Performance for under $210***

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Alpha Plus Engines ***Top Performance for under $210***

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
ProRCRacer21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpha Plus Engines ***Top Performance for under $210***

Just wanted to let everyone know about the new line of Alpha Plus Engines available through R/C Pro Products here in the USA.
Check out the website here :: [link=http://site.alpha-rc-usa.com/]Alpha engines[/link]

Z850 - Red Head - Good all around power delivery in a 5 port package
Z852 - Green Head - Killer mid to a never ending top engine in a 5+2 port package
S852 - Orange Head - Excellent torque and mid range for those truggies or tight tracks with lots of jumps out of corners in a 5+2 port package

Check these engines out! Not only do the LOOK great! But they perform amazing! Most reports say they get 10-12minutes of runtime on average, and the longevity of the engines so far seems top of the class!

Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 PM
ProRCRacer21

Default RE: Alpha Plus Engines ***Top Performance for under $210***

Just did a runtime test with 4 different pipes to test fuel mileage on my orange head S852 engine!
Ran the OS2050, Sirio 2013 and 2057, and the APlus 0801
They actually all got around the same mileage which was between 11:00 and 11:30.
Key notes were the 0801 had the most bottom and the most killer sound! People will hear you coming if your running this pipe!
The Sirio 2057 gave the smoothest power band of them all.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:55 PM
ProRCRacer21

Just finished racing at the CRCRC Nitro Championships in Columbus Ohio.
Although my final result wasn't what I wanted it positively wasn't due to my Alpha Engines.
This was my first big race with the engines and they just proved further their absolute worth!
I qualified 4th in both classes. In Buggy I battled with Cody King for most of the race only finishing behind him by .3 seconds even with a drive shaft falling apart.
In Truggy I was running a solid 3rd at the beginning before making a few to many mistakes, i ended up having a wheel nut come off about 38min in.
The Alpha plus engines however were amazing all week, giving me all the power I could need and more and also 10+ minute runtimes! :-)
I'm so happy with this engine and all the people who came over to check it out couldn't believe they could be had for under $210!!!

Jump on board! This train is gaining steam! :-)
Old 02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
ProRCRacer21

Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice.. Have read a lot of good things about them so far..
Old 02-02-2010, 11:55 AM
ProRCRacer21

Here is a video of me running the S852 (Green Head) engine with APlus 0801 pipe in my Buggy at Delta R/C in Antioch, CA.

From the 2:23 mark on is where I was doing double, tripple, quad on the back jump section. (No one in nitro had done that before!)

Please ignore my crashing! hahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BW3P4rz3Nk

Old 02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

looks pretty good in the video. what kinda life span do you think these engines have?????
Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
ProRCRacer21

Jimmy Wright got his first Red head about 5 months ago. He got 8 gallons in full race condition on his before it now needs piston and sleeve.

Nobody has reported any premature failures yet! They are as durable as they come.

My brother in law is an intermediate driver and he has nearly 6 gallons on his first Red Head and still going strong.

I have just over a gallon on my first Green and Orange Head and they are just starting to really break in!

But seriously, the wear on these engines is incredible, and the power matches anything available! They will be the Hottest engine of 2010!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:11 AM
ProRCRacer21

Alpha Plus wins the Worlds Warmup event in the hands of Meen V!
Meen was driving the S852 engine!
The first of many big wins for Alpha Plus! Great Job Meen!!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:47 PM
ProRCRacer21

Jimmy Wright has taken the win the the 40+ Buggy class at the Dirt Nitro Challenge. Jimmy had a 2 lap lead after 43 minutes and held on for the win with a broken front bulkhead.
Jimmy was running the Orange head S852 in his buggy.

Also on the longevity question. Jimmy currently has 9.5 gallons on his Green head S852 in his truck and it's still running extremely strong. He TQ'd the 40+ truggy class but had a Rx go bad in his main.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:54 PM
ProRCRacer21

Well this past weekend at the Psycho Nitro Blast my Alpha Plus engines piloted me to victory in the Truggy class and 2nd in buggy.
In the Truggy hour long A-main I took the lead on the first lap and never looked back. Checking out from the field and wining by 30 seconds over Adam Drake and over a lap over Mike Truhe in 3rd.
In the buggy class I fought with Drake for the first 30 minutes. I made a couple to many mistakes and had to settle for 2nd a few seconds behind Drake. Truhe rounded out the top 3 a little over a lap down.
So all in all I was able to prove that these $210 dollar mills can run with the best of them for Hour Long A-mains! Peoples jaws dropped all weekend when I dropped the price on these mills!
Check them out! They are Hot Hot Hot!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:56 AM
HerrSavage

Who's selling them in the US?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:37 AM
HerrSavage

Which shops are selling these things?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:15 PM
SplitSecound

Prorcracer: You are runing really really really really really really realllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Good there partner. Alot better than I am.[] Buy the way I am very impress on how those alpha engine of yours is running. I am going to buy, Two of them for my new Zamma 1/8 scale buggy and truggy. Thank You for the vid.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:51 PM
ProRCRacer21

RC Pro Products is the US Distributor.

They are sold by local brick and Mortar Hobby shops. If you have a LHS you deal with please have them shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]
I will get them hooked up with the R/C Pro Products and the Alpha Plus line of engines!

SplitSecound - Thank you very much for the comment! You won't be disappointed with these engines! :-)
Old 03-14-2010, 09:27 PM
uhoo_01

are you guys just sticking with the race engines that are out now , or later on gunna make a mt or basher engine for alot of aplacations. like pullstart and roto and stuff like that , like the other companys do.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Apex1080

I just purchased the s852 and z852 i hope their as good as you guys say!! we will see..........
Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 PM
HerrSavage

Let us know how it goes!!..
Old 05-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Apex1080

you can get these at www.TWISTED-RC.com
Old 06-05-2010, 06:07 AM
infernos777

interesting comments here versus RC TECH's thread, where people are having carb problems, connecting rod failures, bearings leaking and general low-quality issues. ive seen 2 of these alphas and they were early versions, have they improved yet with new batches????
Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
iznasty

ORIGINAL: infernos777

interesting comments here versus RC TECH's thread, where people are having carb problems, connecting rod failures, bearings leaking and general low-quality issues. ive seen 2 of these alphas and they were early versions, have they improved yet with new batches????
I read through the whole RCTECH thread and there is nothing but praise for this these Alpha's, a few people have had oring isses after a few gallon's but alpha now ships the new engines with updated o-rings and they also have o-rings kits available.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:41 AM
infernos777

ORIGINAL: iznasty

ORIGINAL: infernos777

I read through the whole RCTECH thread and there is nothing but praise for this these Alpha's, a few people have had oring isses after a few gallon's but alpha now ships the new engines with updated o-rings and they also have o-rings kits available.

ive seen it with my own eyes, they have issues and everyone knows it. you get what you pay for, maybe somteims you get a good one, other times not so good. taiwan quality.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:19 AM
Apex1080

So i took my green head out for my first weekend had a little trouble breaking it in i do four heat cycles two tanks each. there was so much mechanical pinch. after doing about 3 tanks in practice i figured it was time for a race tune, at first i thought it was 2 rich (only getting about 5 min run time) and a little low on power on the top. so i leaned out ran good but then got rich again so i leaned out this is all in quilies on sat so i kept on leaning out and out and out and **** the thing still had more i dont know when to stop finally at the end of the day i figured it was good for sun, nope still rich could barley get 7 min out of the thing and still seemed to have low power on top so once again i leaned out again. lol! finally bam the thing just started screeming and man i think there is still room for more............ all in alll it was a good running motor just a little fustrating to break in but i think she is good for next race weekend. just be prepared to use up a weekend to break the little green head in, or try to get out before race weekend ill keep you posted on my next weekend also twistedrc.com rocks!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:39 PM
HWM77

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all any one checked out the timing on any of the Alphas yet?Like to know shaft,trans,exhaust.Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 PM
HerrSavage

Where can you get these things online? I think I might want to try the T850 .28 for my SC8...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.