Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Cars, Trucks, and Tanks - All Ad listings
Reload this Page >

***BEWARE SCAM ALERT *** RC Sports in Seymour, WI

Community
Search
Notices
Cars, Trucks, and Tanks - All Ad listings Listings by RCU members of personally owned RC cars, trucks, tanks, and kits for sale.

***BEWARE SCAM ALERT *** RC Sports in Seymour, WI

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 03:18 PM
cb_abq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***BEWARE SCAM ALERT *** RC Sports in Seymour, WI

BEWARE! RC Sports also does business as CASH4RC and HOBBY-SPORTS on Ebay. This is a scam operation that sells defective and broken RC parts on Ebay. You are almost certain to receive unusable RC parts and will be out your money. Do not recommend.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:44 PM
slick2500

I've seen some of the full cars this guy sells, almost full retail for beat to piss, used and broken rc cars.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:54 AM
XXWoodmanXX

Yea, he seems to post swap-meet dates all the time on Facebook. IIRC, his name is Andrew Pfluger (sp?). Apparently his M.O. is to swoop in to the meet early, buy up a bunch of RC "lots", then flips them for more $$$ during the next meet without knowing their condition or running order. I definitely avoid dealing with the dude.

If you have "proof" of your dealings with him, and are on FB, be sure and register on the Good or Bad R/C Feedback Group. Let others know so they don't get scammed, too. Food for thought.
Old 01-11-2024, 02:18 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He is not a scam. He holds swap meets at his location and buys lots of stuff and advertises on the local RC groups. He is only 25 miles from me in a small town. I myself have never been there though. He also buys large quantities of new RTR cars and disassembles them and parts them out. Never heard anything bad about him.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:43 PM
Cash4RC

Hey guys! Andrew here from Cash4RC. Yikes, there sure is a lot of misinformation packed into a couple small posts here. I think it's a pretty big bummer that I have to spend a Saturday night defending myself and my team from posts and comments like this by folks who, frankly, have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. But I'm totally transparent about what my companies do and am grateful for the opportunity to set the record straight.

First, to address the original poster - Cash4RC and RC Sports are (obviously) not scam operations. RC Sports is the name of my community center and RC racetrack located in Seymour, WI, where our mission is to lower the costs and barriers to entry in the RC hobby, and make RC car racing fun again! Cash4RC is the name of my RC buying business service and eBay store, the largest used RC parts store and inventory in the world. Cash4RC's mission is make the hobby more accessible and sustainable by providing a reliable system for buying and selling RC components, a mission we've been living out for over a decade. We are the #1 buyer of used RC cars and the largest inventory of used RC items in the world. Over the past 13 years we've purchased RCs from many thousands of happy sellers, and many HUNDREDS of thousands of happy customers on eBay. You do not remain in business for 13 years on eBay, maintain top-rated seller status, and amass this kind of transaction history, by running a "scam operation,", lol. I don't know the original poster's eBay username so I can't look up his exact order information, but it's most likely he purchased an ESC, receiver, or another electronic component and didn't know how to bind, program, or calibrate it, and so he set out on the web to drag our good name through the mud. (About 90% of the returns we process on eBay are result of user errors like this). Of course, it's possible he did receive an item that was not fully functional as described; we ship 80+ items every single day and sometimes these things do happen. No business is perfect; ask anyone familiar with Traxxas, Horizon, Castle Creations etc how many items a year get returned for being defective, lol! I'm super proud that our eBay store has a feedback rating percentage almost identical with other top companies in the industry (compare ours with A-Main Hobbies, for example), despite my store selling almost entirely USED items.

We are not affiliated with the eBay store HOBBY-SPORTS in any way. Not sure what made the OP think so. I had actually never heard of this store, but after looking them up I see that (at the time of this writing) they have a 100% positive, PERFECT eBay feedback racing, which is virtually impossible to achieve. So shame on you, "cb_abq," for posting negative feedback on a company totally unaffiliated with your transaction.

To address the other comments in the thread...

@slick2500, we don't charge "almost full retail" for any used RC model, obviously they wouldn't sell if I did and it would be a total waste of time. We also part cars out, and sell rollers/sliders (not RTRs), so the prices end up being nowhere near retail at all. We do sell used RCs, sometimes they are broken, sometimes they are bashed and beat. These cars still have value for parts, and part of what we do is make these cars available as parts cars, project bases, donor models etc at fair prices. We do our best to make sure every customer knows exactly what they're buying, what condition it's in, and what it's good for. There's no money in deceiving customers on eBay - if you've ever sold on eBay and dealt with an INAD claim, you know that that's true. I will point out as well that it's everyone's right to price items at whatever price point they see fit, and up to the customers to decide if it's a price they're willing to pay.

@XXWoodmanXX, I'm sorry to say the only thing you got right in your entire hearsay post is my full name. I'm not sure how you could know so little about me and my business and activities but manage to spell "Pfluger" right; pretty impressive. I don't "swoop in" to swap meets early, I am widely known at every swap meet I attend nowadays and would immediately be called out if I attempted to do that. I respect posted swap meet start times just as I expect others to do at the swaps I host. I do attend many swap meets, and buy table-loads of RC items at a time, buying in quantities no one else in the world does, enabling sellers to clear out all at once instead of sitting there all day and going home with most or all of it. I'm very proud to provide this service, as 90+% of what I buy at swaps would go unsold if I wasn't there, and the sellers would have to load them back up and take em back home at the end of a disappointing day of getting lowballed for one piece at a time. I encourage you to view some feedback from the many, many hundreds of sellers who have actually sold to me at swap meets, and see what they think about how I do business.

I don't sell any items at swap meets, I attend them as a buyer only. I do not "flip them for more $$$ during the next meet." It would make literally zero sense for me to attempt to resell what I buy at swap meets, as I'm already the highest-paying buyer there, and would take a loss on anything I manage to resell. To attempt to resell at swap meets would be to work at a loss. The only way I manage to turn a profit on anything I buy is because I take it back to my shop and part everything out online with a team of six employees, turning one purchase into many (sometimes hundreds) of sales and shipments. I tell everyone who asks exactly what I'm doing with the items I buy, and inform them that they can do it too to maximize their return on reselling used RC items if they have the time, interest, and patience. Most RC swap meets are terrible prospects for sellers... the buyers that do attend are looking for the cheapest of deals and do not pay fair market value. It's generally a really crappy experience for any sellers who are genuinely in need of cash and are looking to sell RCs. My goal is to make these sellers happy and I'm really proud of the service I provide to sellers at RC swap meets.

I'm not a fan of how liberally and confidently misinformation has been thrown around on here, but I suppose if you do business for long enough and at enough scale, people are bound to slander you online eventually. I'd encourage anyone who is interested in verifying my legitimacy to speak with sellers who actually sold to me, racers that actually race at my track, or swap meet event organizers that have actually worked with me. Come visit me at RC Sports, or come to one of the swap meets we attend/host with other great area RC tracks and see for yourself. My reputation with those who actually know and do business with me speaks for itself, and Cash4RC will continue to work hard to foster the growth and sustainability of the RC Hobby. Happy RC'ing!

Last edited by Cash4RC; 03-23-2024 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:57 AM
slick2500

Originally Posted by Cash4RC
Hey guys! Andrew here from Cash4RC. Yikes, there sure is a lot of misinformation packed into a couple small posts here. I think it's a pretty big bummer that I have to spend a Saturday night defending myself and my team from posts and comments like this by folks who, frankly, have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. But I'm totally transparent about what my companies do and am grateful for the opportunity to set the record straight.

First, to address the original poster - Cash4RC and RC Sports are (obviously) not scam operations. RC Sports is the name of my community center and RC racetrack located in Seymour, WI, where our mission is to lower the costs and barriers to entry in the RC hobby, and make RC car racing fun again! Cash4RC is the name of my RC buying business service and eBay store, the largest used RC parts store and inventory in the world. Cash4RC's mission is make the hobby more accessible and sustainable by providing a reliable system for buying and selling RC components, a mission we've been living out for over a decade. We are the #1 buyer of used RC cars and the largest inventory of used RC items in the world. Over the past 13 years we've purchased RCs from many thousands of happy sellers, and many HUNDREDS of thousands of happy customers on eBay. You do not remain in business for 13 years on eBay, maintain top-rated seller status, and amass this kind of transaction history, by running a "scam operation,", lol. I don't know the original poster's eBay username so I can't look up his exact order information, but it's most likely he purchased an ESC, receiver, or another electronic component and didn't know how to bind, program, or calibrate it, and so he set out on the web to drag our good name through the mud. (About 90% of the returns we process on eBay are result of user errors like this). Of course, it's possible he did receive an item that was not fully functional as described; we ship 80+ items every single day and sometimes these things do happen. No business is perfect; ask anyone familiar with Traxxas, Horizon, Castle Creations etc how many items a year get returned for being defective, lol! I'm super proud that our eBay store has a feedback rating percentage almost identical with other top companies in the industry (compare ours with A-Main Hobbies, for example), despite my store selling almost entirely USED items.

We are not affiliated with the eBay store HOBBY-SPORTS in any way. Not sure what made the OP think so. I had actually never heard of this store, but after looking them up I see that (at the time of this writing) they have a 100% positive, PERFECT eBay feedback racing, which is virtually impossible to achieve. So shame on you, "cb_abq," for posting negative feedback on a company totally unaffiliated with your transaction.

To address the other comments in the thread...

@slick2500, we don't charge "almost full retail" for any used RC model, obviously they wouldn't sell if I did and it would be a total waste of time. We also part cars out, and sell rollers/sliders (not RTRs), so the prices end up being nowhere near retail at all. We do sell used RCs, sometimes they are broken, sometimes they are bashed and beat. These cars still have value for parts, and part of what we do is make these cars available as parts cars, project bases, donor models etc at fair prices. We do our best to make sure every customer knows exactly what they're buying, what condition it's in, and what it's good for. There's no money in deceiving customers on eBay - if you've ever sold on eBay and dealt with an INAD claim, you know that that's true. I will point out as well that it's everyone's right to price items at whatever price point they see fit, and up to the customers to decide if it's a price they're willing to pay.

@XXWoodmanXX, I'm sorry to say the only thing you got right in your entire hearsay post is my full name. I'm not sure how you could know so little about me and my business and activities but manage to spell "Pfluger" right; pretty impressive. I don't "swoop in" to swap meets early, I am widely known at every swap meet I attend nowadays and would immediately be called out if I attempted to do that. I respect posted swap meet start times just as I expect others to do at the swaps I host. I do attend many swap meets, and buy table-loads of RC items at a time, buying in quantities no one else in the world does, enabling sellers to clear out all at once instead of sitting there all day and going home with most or all of it. I'm very proud to provide this service, as 90+% of what I buy at swaps would go unsold if I wasn't there, and the sellers would have to load them back up and take em back home at the end of a disappointing day of getting lowballed for one piece at a time. I encourage you to view some feedback from the many, many hundreds of sellers who have actually sold to me at swap meets, and see what they think about how I do business.

I don't sell any items at swap meets, I attend them as a buyer only. I do not "flip them for more $$$ during the next meet." It would make literally zero sense for me to attempt to resell what I buy at swap meets, as I'm already the highest-paying buyer there, and would take a loss on anything I manage to resell. To attempt to resell at swap meets would be to work at a loss. The only way I manage to turn a profit on anything I buy is because I take it back to my shop and part everything out online with a team of six employees, turning one purchase into many (sometimes hundreds) of sales and shipments. I tell everyone who asks exactly what I'm doing with the items I buy, and inform them that they can do it too to maximize their return on reselling used RC items if they have the time, interest, and patience. Most RC swap meets are terrible prospects for sellers... the buyers that do attend are looking for the cheapest of deals and do not pay fair market value. It's generally a really crappy experience for any sellers who are genuinely in need of cash and are looking to sell RCs. My goal is to make these sellers happy and I'm really proud of the service I provide to sellers at RC swap meets.

I'm not a fan of how liberally and confidently misinformation has been thrown around on here, but I suppose if you do business for long enough and at enough scale, people are bound to slander you online eventually. I'd encourage anyone who is interested in verifying my legitimacy to speak with sellers who actually sold to me, racers that actually race at my track, or swap meet event organizers that have actually worked with me. Come visit me at RC Sports, or come to one of the swap meets we attend/host with other great area RC tracks and see for yourself. My reputation with those who actually know and do business with me speaks for itself, and Cash4RC will continue to work hard to foster the growth and sustainability of the RC Hobby. Happy RC'ing!

A beat to piss Slash 2wd XL5 for $150 is fairly close to the retail price of a new one that isn't full of dirt, broken, mismatched parts and most likely in dire need of a full service, so by the time we replace the broken, mismatched parts add bearings and fuilds we might as well have bought new one. I understand that they are used cars but I can always tell which cars are yours just by looking at the picture in the search results. If it looks like it's been rode hard and put away wet there is a very large chance you are the one selling it. "upgrade parts" do not add value to the vehicle what so ever especially when they are in the condition of a lot of the cars you sell. I mean you could at least clean them up a little bit, even shady car lots make an attempt to clean the used cars they sell.
Old 04-04-2024, 03:28 PM
nafe2009
My Feedback: (77)

i have purchased from Cash4RC and got a great deal try buying a rc8t3.2 for 250