Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

genesis announcement far from good

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

genesis announcement far from good

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:33 AM
tomandemmy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default genesis announcement far from good

OK here goes the announcement of you to let me fix my truck isn't quite the make everything OK promise you assured us.There is no mention of extended warranty on the engine.I call your company leave messages and no one calls back!I would like to know why no full refund is required.I also would like to know why i have shipped things to California 3 times(not including the items i purchased from a lhs to fix the truck $200 dollars and counting) i paid for it and i had to show receipt now you want me to send you my fail safe and receipt(more money out of my pocket)How about i fax you my receipt or email and i send you the old failsafe after i get my package.I have barely driven this truck and everything brakes.I am not made happy by your announcement and i have not read one owner who is!How do you think this is gonna make business for you?I mean if you guys would of went above and beyond then this wouldn't be happening.I'm talking about full refunds offered,extended engine warranty,Ship old fail safe when new one arrives(less downtime how long do i have to look at my truck broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)fax or email copy of receipt offer discounts on other cen products possibly genesis hop ups(see that makes sense we could possibly get some working cen products and change our minds about the company!!I am angry disappointed and fed up!I look forward to talking with one of your tech staff as I'm hoping to post some good news other than the joke announcement.Lastly check your email i never get replies there either!!
Old 07-13-2004, 10:26 PM
CEN Racing

Default RE: genesis announcement far from good

Tomandemmy, I would first like to say the we understand the inconvenience this places on the owners of the first batch of trucks. We are trying to handle this as quickly as possible and make is easy for the customers to get there care packages. All the owners that are receiving a care package will get an extended warranty . We have found no problems with the engine. There was one incident that was posted on this board which we did take care of and after inspecting the engine found the problem was caused by a bad bearing. This was a one-in-a-million type of thing that does not normally happen. I can assure you that the .46 engines are very solid and reliable. The reason we ask for the return of the orange safegaurd is to make sure that we sent the !QUOT!care package!QUOT! to the people with the right trucks. The Safegaurd will cost very little (should be $1-$2 if use a regular envelop) to send back but it is needed to verify that your the owner of that truck and that each owner gets just one package. We thank you for being patient and hope you will work with us to get things straightened out. Thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 07:37 AM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

What up all,
I finally have been able to run a tank through the genesis and able to hit 3rd gear but not all the time.
after the tank i went home to inspected and no damage YEAH, also I noticed that the screw that secures the carb to the engine was very loose and fuel was all over the place so i assume that it will be a little better (no leaks) and the engine will wind out more next time out maybe i'll hit 3rd more!!!
i can't wait for the care package b/c when this truck did hit 3rd gear it was movin...

Also CEN-

Will this care package include the diff fluid??? Since these diffs in the genesis are 3 fluid filled diffs..
Old 07-14-2004, 02:56 PM
CEN Racing

I am glad you enjoy your genesis. Keep us updated on your experience.

The Care Package will include everyting you need with instruction.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:22 AM
tomandemmy

thanks for your reply CEN your staff is courteous and knowledgable thats a definate plus!!
Old 07-15-2004, 10:24 PM
diehlusaf

CEN, i have been waiting a long time on my truck. every time I call zertuche they tell me it will ship on Monday. the order number is 547 what can you do to speed this up.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Andrew Smolnik

diehlusaf,

Did you email [email protected] with your information? If you did you will recieve a truck on the next batch. Next batch will be shipping out around the 23rd. Let us know.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:22 PM
bustergonad

ORIGINAL: diehlusaf

CEN, i have been waiting a long time on my truck. every time I call zertuche they tell me it will ship on Monday. the order number is 547 what can you do to speed this up.
Good luck with that order number, I'm 188 and still haven't got mine yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buster
Just waiting for my Genesis.....165 Days and counting.....
Old 07-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Webgamer

right, I emailed them "twice" about a week ago with the information they needed and I didn't even get a response.
I emailed them again today.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:16 AM
conrodnz

been over 3 months. i purchased my cen-genesis from zcars . and or zertuchegroup.com. sent them more then 30 emails and not one reply from zcars.its costed my nearly 1200.00 nz dollars for the truck and still no truck no emails.sum kind of customer service.
thanks
khan
Old 07-19-2004, 05:03 AM
bustergonad

ORIGINAL: conrodnz

been over 3 months. i purchased my cen-genesis from zcars . and or zertuchegroup.com. sent them more then 30 emails and not one reply from zcars.its costed my nearly 1200.00 nz dollars for the truck and still no truck no emails.sum kind of customer service.
thanks
khan
This is the 4th time I've seen you post this, so I'll tell you again........
YOU NEED TO CALL THEM!!!!!
Did you e-mail CEN with you pre-order details??
CEN Racing
Super Contributor

RE: GENESIS REVIEW (in reply to UTvols) Report This Post | (Post No. 235)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An official announcment will be made on our site regarding the first batch of trucks as soon as we finish with all the details etc. Thanks for your patience.

Also, for anyone who has placed a preorder with an online company we need the following from you.

It is very important that you follow these instructions. Please email [email protected] with the subject "online pre-order"

In your email give us the following info.
-who you have your pre-order with,
-your full name,
-and any pre-order # that you may have.

So that we can ensure that you will get your trucks.

Thanks.

Best Regards
CEN Racing

7/8/2004 4:14:40 PM
If you didn't order with zcars until april or may then you may have to wait for the third batch that comes out, I ordered on Februrary 2nd and still don't have mine.
I know it sucks having to call the USA from NZ but that is the only way to get through to them. They are waiting on CEN releasing the 2nd batch of trucks, they can't give you what they don't have.
Good luck

Buster
Old 07-26-2004, 12:26 PM
diehlusaf

I AM STILL WAITING!!!!!!
I have emailed Cen's customer service with the information requested.
Congrats on continuing to make people unhappy.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Webgamer

.... SO AM I

My first 2 emails (about a month ago) with the required information - no response!!!

My 3rd email - they finally responded a week later with this .....

>>Thanks for your email. I will forward it to our sales department.
>>
>>Regards,
>>CEN RACING

I'm so happy I have to celebrate because they have forwarded my email to the sales department. (beyond that who the hell knows)
Another 2 weeks just passed since the above email, NOTHING. This is just fabulous. [:@][:@][:@]

Now, I checked back at hobbytron.com and Genesis orders now says END OF AUGUST (previously July 26)!
I also emailed them about my order, no response. My $500+ is floating in a BLACK HOLE somewhere.

Can you read this CEN?? I am GUESSING and SPECULATING again that my money is in limbo somewhere!
Don't ask me anymore about order numbers, I'm sick of it (you don't even respond to your emails)!

What I want you to tell me is this -->> ARE YOU delivering to hobbytron.com this SECOND BATCH and can you satisfy their orders up to JUNE 2004 or NOT so I can get this thing over with
and CANCEL my order and you can keep your truck.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:44 AM
conrodnz

hi everyone.
the day is tuesday the 27th of july 2004. lol lol .the time was around 11.15am. i called zcars from new zealand.,twice then got through.got hold of guss. the owner and he tells me good news , the trucks arriving at the zcars store on the 28th of july then next day they get shipped to meeeee. rememebr people newzealand is a day ahead.but guss was good to talk to. and he also told me that the problems the first batch had it all has been fixeed.no more gear box and spur gear problems.but still pull cord is a worry.i can wait another week or so.hope it comes true.hope all u people out there get urs as well.as long as i get mine first.lol.lol.
take care all.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:57 AM
eternaldragon

that's how i feel about it right now if i don't get the truck this time around im just going to cancel my order and get something els i was also e-mailed by rcdiscounts(http://rcdiscounts.com/acbhpusa/show...D=1037&CATID=3) saying how disappointed they are with the way cen is handling the release of this truck and gave me the chance to cancel my order.

they also say on there site that. PRE-ORDERS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN - EXPECT EARLY AUGUST 2004 DELIVERY although additional delays may occur

this is a direct copy of the e-mail that was sent to me by rcdiscounts.

Hi:

This is a group email I'm sending to everyone who has ordered a Genesis from us at www.RCDiscounts.com aka CDH Enterprises.

First of all, CEN Racing has been very slow in getting the Genesis out to market and it appears that the first batch of trucks have already had some problems that they are currently addressing as quickly as they can. The fact that we have not yet received our shipment yet may actually be a good thing since I know everyone would prefer a truck without problems.

They have posted on www.rcuniverse.com (an RC message board) a request that all internet customers contact them with some basic info. This is to assure that internet stores don't exagerate the number of units they need to fulfill their orders. Here is what they say:

"An official announcment will be made on our site regarding the first batch of trucks as soon as we finish with all the details etc. Thanks for your patience.

Also, for anyone who has placed a preorder with an online company we need the following from you:

It is very important that you follow these instructions. Please email [email protected] with the subject "online pre-order"

In your email give us the following info:

1. who you have your pre-order with,
2. your full name,
3. and any pre-order # that you may have.

So that we can ensure that you will get your trucks.

Thanks.

Best Regards
CEN Racing

__________________________________________________ __________________

I know some of you are active on this board like "EternalDragon" and you may have already done this. But if you haven't yet, please send an email with your customer information to them so we can get our inventory shipped. I want you to know that I am personally concerned about the initial quality of this item based on what I have read in the postings on rcuniverse.com from customers that received the first units.

My hope is that CEN Racing has corrected all of these issues and that our anticipated shipment will be the next generation with improved parts. That being said, my goal is to only sell high quality products. As an online store, we are at a disadvantage to provide support for products that need a high level of repair and parts, so we try to only sell items that we know will work out of the box with minimal support.

I suggest you read some of the threads. If you would like your order delayed until later this year (assuming that waiting will provide a Genesis version with less problems) then please email me and we'll discuss. Here is the most current page of the thread. You can read previous posts by clicking on the page buttons at the bottom of this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#1986592

I'm also interested in your thoughts, especially those of you with more knowledge about this specific item.

Roger Schnur
CDH Enterprises
1-800-404-4414
Mon-Fri 9a-6p EST

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.717 / Virus Database: 473 - Release Date: 7/8/2004
Old 07-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Hands

looks like you guys got screwed by the online stores. That should teach you a lesson, NEVER EVER pay someone until the product is available in the market. I pre-ordered, but i refused to pay any $, not even the deposits. So i dont really care if i have to wait and i have the freedom to cancel anytime i want to. Just to give you guys a advice, by blaming CEN is not gonna slove anyting cuz its not their facult, they have the right to released the truck whenever they wish, its their damn product. You all need to ***** and yell at the stores that took your money when they dont have the product in hand. LOL... of course they gonna say they were told by cen its on the way over.......WHATEVER, its just a lame excuse so they can get ur money ahead of time. Just why are you still listening to the stores they took ur money like 6 months ahead of time WITHOUT have product on hand? Just curious...
Old 07-28-2004, 03:33 PM
eternaldragon

i didn't pay up front either. and its not the online stores fault its cen's for not handling the shipping right.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:22 AM
conrodnz

still no genesis truck. i rang usa from newzealand. and got a answer phone saying zcars is closed coz of flooding.and that genesis trucks will be shiiped on the 5th of august.2004.no truck for me .still waiting 4 months.and out of pocket nearly $1200.00.atleast zcars could reply to one of 45 emails ive sent them.anyone with any good news please email .. [email protected]
thanks
Old 08-04-2004, 05:49 PM
bustergonad

still no genesis truck. i rang usa from newzealand. and got a answer phone saying zcars is closed coz of flooding.and that genesis trucks will be shiiped on the 5th of august.2004.no truck for me .still waiting 4 months.and out of pocket nearly $1200.00.atleast zcars could reply to one of 45 emails ive sent them.anyone with any good news please email .. [email protected]
thanks
Conrodnz
The message actually said that some trucks got shipped out on the 28th but if yours didn't then it would be shipped out on the 5th
Just out of curiosity how long does a package take to get from USA to NZ via UPS??
It may be possible that they shipped to you but you just haven't got it yet. It must take quite a while for a 20lb package to get there.

Buster
Old 08-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Billsky
My Feedback: (37)

ORIGINAL: bustergonad

thanks
Conrodnz
The message actually said that some trucks got shipped out on the 28th but if yours didn't then it would be shipped out on the 5th
Just out of curiosity how long does a package take to get from USA to NZ via UPS??
It may be possible that they shipped to you but you just haven't got it yet. It must take quite a while for a 20lb package to get there.

Buster
I "HOPE" it will be the "SECOND GENERATION" of the GENESIS? I will ask ZCARS tomorrow when I call them once again.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:29 AM
conrodnz

to buster.
zcars didnt have any such messages like that at all. it doesnt say anywhere that it had or will ship on the 28th or the 5th.zcars site hasnt been updated for a while.how will customers know.except on answer phone it did say that they will ship on the 5th.but i doubt it. ill say another few months before this crap goes away.also the package that size sould only take about 5 days.ive had havier items then that before from overseas.i also paid for quick shipping.like asap type.it costed me around hundred sumthing.ok.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:21 AM
bustergonad

to buster.
zcars didnt have any such messages like that at all. it doesnt say anywhere that it had or will ship on the 28th or the 5th.zcars site hasnt been updated for a while.how will customers know.except on answer phone it did say that they will ship on the 5th.but i doubt it. ill say another few months before this crap goes away.also the package that size sould only take about 5 days.ive had havier items then that before from overseas.i also paid for quick shipping.like asap type.it costed me around hundred sumthing.ok.
Conrodnz

Your right the zcars message does not say anything about the 28th but if you listen to the message it says that "if your truck was scheduled to ship on July 30th then it has been shipped, if not then your truck will ship on August 5th"

Either way until you get a tracking number from zcars you are stuck in the same boat as the rest of us who ordered from zcars.
Hopefully either Billsky or myself will be able to find out some more info today, if I get any useful info I will let you know.

Buster
Old 08-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Major Azzwhoopin

I would just like to state to all that are waiting ...BE GLAD...I have a Genesis that I bought from a Hobbytown store...I wreced it the first day..got the run around from teh hobby store..then called the online CEN retailers..They said CEN was not making products available to them..CEN confirmed this by saying hoddy stores will have preference over on line shops...
But to the important part....This piece of crap hasn't run for anything more than teh break-in..It either constantlt stalls or doesn't start at all or goes full throttle on firing.... It is a piece of crap..Shoulda stuckwith the Savage 25...I wish I could get my money back..My wife wants to go raise hell in the hobby shop...$560 for something that hasnt run 2 hours sucks ass.

Looking for any ideas on whatI should do. It appears at times that no fuel flows through the carb to the engine..I am unable to flood it ever.,I have tried different fuel..new plugs..nw heaters. **** I pullede the damn thing sooo many times I broke the chord like 5 times now. I have a savage roto start connected now..still no worky...

CEN any ideas or help for me??

I also have a CT4S and a funfactor that run great..
Old 08-08-2004, 06:19 PM
tomandemmy

1-888-cen-9886. call and talk to technical support.They will help you as much as they can.Does your truck have a orange fail safe?If so it needs the care package upgrades.Go to www.cenracing.com and read the special announcement at top.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Hands

ORIGINAL: Major Azzwhoopin

I would just like to state to all that are waiting ...BE GLAD...I have a Genesis that I bought from a Hobbytown store...I wreced it the first day..got the run around from teh hobby store..then called the online CEN retailers..They said CEN was not making products available to them..CEN confirmed this by saying hoddy stores will have preference over on line shops...
But to the important part....This piece of crap hasn't run for anything more than teh break-in..It either constantlt stalls or doesn't start at all or goes full throttle on firing.... It is a piece of crap..Shoulda stuckwith the Savage 25...I wish I could get my money back..My wife wants to go raise hell in the hobby shop...$560 for something that hasnt run 2 hours sucks ass.

Looking for any ideas on whatI should do. It appears at times that no fuel flows through the carb to the engine..I am unable to flood it ever.,I have tried different fuel..new plugs..nw heaters. **** I pullede the damn thing sooo many times I broke the chord like 5 times now. I have a savage roto start connected now..still no worky...

CEN any ideas or help for me??

I also have a CT4S and a funfactor that run great..
LOL....you wreck it, then call it piece of crap......... not to mention if it stalls, you just dont know what u are doing. ITs a nitro truk you know, you need to TUNE it. Calling it piece of crap is not gong to help you learn nitro vechile better..... just FYI

i kinda dont like the pull start too. ITs too hard to pull.. but i have not broke 1. Did you follow the instrutction sticker on the fuel tank? I am getting a roto start regardless whoever have one. Anyone know any manfuacture have one yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.