Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Whats up????

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 07:08 AM
motionmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up????

with the cen gen? Read an article about it in an RC magazine, no mention of problems
or recalls.
It said the chassis was 17 pounds, had a huge motor producing almost 5 HP, a 3 speed tranny with reverse, and really HD drive line. I thought to myself, that would be perfect for my custom built chassis so I come here to do some checking and man am I glad I did.
It seems it has some issues, I'd like to know what is the problem/s exactly before I buy?
Thanks Ron
Old 08-08-2004, 06:16 PM
tomandemmy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Whats up????

search the forums there are plenty of reviews and articles talking about the genesis.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:59 AM
motionmachine

I've read everything here, but cant find specifics. Whats this "care package" all about?

Im considering this truck for parts ONLY, I specificly need the tranny and driveline but Im not buying a cen gen until I find out more pertanent information.

If the cen reps/owners wont/cant assist me any further with details then I'll have to reconsider the MGT or LST for donor parts.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:46 AM
motionmachine

After reading the entire genesis review thread and the Cen forum, I'll pass on the Cen Gen for sure.

I did conclude one thing about the engine- rear crank bearing failure? I think its caused from severely OVER REVVING the motors while attempting to engage/find 3rd gear. What do yall think?