Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Cen CT4S 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:41 AM
stall1on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen CT4S 2nd gear

hi ppl im new to the forum, i have been watching the links closely and there is a lot of good tips and tricks flying around! i have owned a Cen CT4s for 7 months now no probs with the car which i could not get around apart from this problem where my car wont shift into 2nd gear? it has been ok up till now then all of a sudden its stopped shifting??? does any1 have any serious ideas to what could be my problem?! [&o]
Old 04-02-2005, 05:21 AM
T-MAN-iR

Default RE: Cen CT4S 2nd gear

Check and make sure all the screws on the clutch are set right. You may have had a screw come loose or out. And your car my be running in second and you don't know it. Also check to see if your clutch is rubbing against your second gear. The spur gears should spin freely. If they do not, then your clutch is engaging second gear. I had that happen to me. So I took my cluch apart and redid all the screws. I set everything back to stock and adjusted the spring tension screws until I found the shift point I wanted. You will want them to be around 5 1/2 turns. Both sides of the the clutch spring screws. This are the screws that are off on one side. The ones that is in the middle are the clutch shoe adjustments (that is how close the clutch shoes are to the second gear). That may be the screw you want the adjust if the clutch is rubbing against second gear. The pic is a diagram of the clutch taken apart. Just follow what it says for the stock setting and then loosen the tension spring screw out another 2 turns. You should have a total of 5 1/2 turns on the springs.

I hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62131.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	252669  
Old 04-04-2005, 01:50 PM
stall1on

thanks for the reply mate... over the weekend i stripperd the clutch out the car and checked it out just to see how the thing works now i screwd the clutch adjuster in a further 1 turn with no difference and then again another 1 turn with no difference??? do u think i may need a new clutch? do they wear out? looks sealed to me? what do u guys reckon
Old 04-05-2005, 08:07 AM
T-MAN-iR

Make sure the clutch shoes are not rubbing the second gear. You may want to tighten the middle screw alittle to pull the clutch shoes together. The screws with the springs are just for clutch shoe expantion. The tighter there screwed the more RPM's are need the expand the shoes. The more loose they are, the less RPM's are need to expand the shoes.

Just make sure the shoes are not rubbing on the second gear. I do not think you need new clutch shoes yet. I have had my car for 9 months now with no problems in shifting. If its not rubbing on the second gear, then I am not really sure what might be your problem. Also check your bearings on your drive line. One of them may be bad.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:18 AM
stall1on

thanks for the help T-man i stripped the clutch out again and lost the damn spring! so i think i am goin to have to go out and buy another clutch complete?!