Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

New UK distributor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New UK distributor?

Whilst reading one of the RC mags today, I noticed the CEN advert had the distributor as Ripmax. The same was true in the advert from the month before. There is no sign of CEN products on the Ripmax website and the Irvine one hasn't changed in years, so is it a typo or should all UK CEN owners start singing ' Ding dong the witch is dead'?
Old 06-04-2005, 11:03 AM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New UK distributor?

isnt ripmax something to do with irvine? i seem to remember my lhs fella mentioning something. then again he did try to sell me a os21rg-x for £179... so he does have some far flung ideas once in a while...

would be nice tho if we could get stuff quicker tho, e bay is a saviour, but limited to stock parts really.

was u bored scouser? scannin adverts like that... talk about reading the small print!! fingers crossed tho mate!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I always check the distributor on the CEN adverts in the vain hope that one day it wont say Irvine. As for that engine, I have seen it on UK sites for £135. You still getting one?
Old 06-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Supertronic Systems-Malta

If anyone of you needs parts for the Genesis 46 let me know.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:48 AM
poor judgement

scouser - i seem to have gone and bought something a little larger... oops! lol - watch this space!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Scott_GTR

ORIGINAL: STC

If anyone of you needs parts for the Genesis 46 let me know.

I am desperatly trying to get hold of a one way starter pin and shaft for my Genny.
I put a new pin in with a new crank only two weeks ago, but if has gone again!!!!!

Just before it went again I checked its condition out while stripping the engine only to see its ends
rounded off and the spring totallly compressed so it was not making good contact with the one
way starter shaft, which is also showing signs of wear.

Any ideas where I can get these bit quick??????
Old 05-09-2006, 04:22 PM
customrccars

Hey everyone,

My website is now shipping CEN parts internationally. We ship Global Priority mail for a flat $12.00. To order email me direct with a parts list and upon order acceptance a PAYPAL invoice will be sent. [email protected]

Hope this will help you guys out.

Thanks,
Chris Meyer
www.customRCcars.com
Old 05-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Spentona

Ive had my Cens a while now and all my LHS deals with is Ripmax. They are still slow. ive been waiting over three weeks for 2 sets of spurs and a set of the standard diff cups and 2 sets of the uprated ones. Plus over four weeks for a body mount kit. I found a LHS called inwood models the best in the UK for CEN parts. if they havnt got it on their website (www.inwoodmodels.co.uk) then you can e-mail them or phone them and they have most parts on stock. If they havnt though i just go to my nearest LHS because it always takes ages for stuff to arrive no matter who you use. (I feel better now after my little rant)
Old 05-12-2006, 09:07 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Have you guys tried any of the online sites that ship internationally? I have no CEN dealer within about 500 miles of me
I have found that ordering online takes up to 6 weeks just from the US to canada with some of these sites. Really sucks when its a part you need right now...
Your hobby shops probabaly dont even put in an order for parts until they ahve enough people needing them to make a worthwile order. Try www.customrccars.com. They have been great for me and they ship stuff within a day of me ordering.
Might cost you a bit more with postage but maybe worth it?
Old 05-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Scott_GTR

ORIGINAL: dustin7837

Your hobby shops probabaly dont even put in an order for parts until they ahve enough people needing them to make a worthwile order.

I think this is the problem with all the shops I have spoken too, "Yea we can get that, but we have just put an order in, so this will have to go on the next on in a month" [:@][:@][:@][:@] This is no good to me!!!!

The best results I have found is from Ebay. There are a few people in the US who buy complete new cars, strip them and sell them for spares.
I have had a few bits off of them so far, and everything arrives in a week from the US !!!
Best to search Ebay.com not co.uk as there is more choice.

Spentona, Are these what you are after??????

http://cgi.ebay.com/CEN-GENESIS-NEME...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Spentona

ORIGINAL: Scott_GTR

Spentona, Are these what you are after??????

http://cgi.ebay.com/CEN-GENESIS-NEME...QQcmdZViewItem
I need the full part (think its FF009) but I just got a call saying that my parts are in. Typicall as Im at work on nights for about the next month!