Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

A question for CEN

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 09:41 AM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A question for CEN

Are there any plans for a 1/10th scale truck that is legal to race in the future?

I really like the Fun Factor and your products in general and I was kind of upset when I found out that it can only be raced in the unlimited class. Some tracks by me will allow it to race with in the Maxx's class but it seems like the ones that follow ROAR rules won't. I have e-mailed ROAR and other race promoters and have asked why but they have chosen not to respond.
Any insight into this would be helpfull also.

Thanks, rolland
Old 07-04-2005, 01:51 PM
CEN Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A question for CEN

rolland:

We are definitely looking at the possiblity of making a 1/10 race vehicle but no actual plan has been made yet. At this time, we are able to enter most races with MT2 in small block class, and Genesis in big block and unlimited class. IN fact, we just TQ at the US Gas champ.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to agree with rolland on this one. I put together a truck that would have been extremely competitive in the small block class, later to find out it is only legal to compete in the 1:10 Stadium Truck class. Over here in the UK, the truck is not allowed to enter the Unlimited class either, even going so far as to name the truck in the rules as being not allowed to run.
Although I am in a position to race my other truck in the Unlimited class, I would much prefer to run my CEN as it would silence all the brands' critics who have labelled the truck as merely a toy. Plus I know the Fun Factor inside out and have found it very easy to work on, which would be an advantage should any parts need changing in a race situation. Wider a-arms and Maxx size wheels are all we need from you, we will do the rest!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:43 AM
poor judgement

scouser - the imex romulins have enough offset to make the truck "square", i reckon if u fit longer arms with those u will spoil the handling... maybe...? but yea, wider arms would allow standard maxx wheels to fit, just pointing out that there is a way round that mate.

what we really do need are some shafts that are strong enough to take the extra loading of the tmaxx sized wheels... still surprised noone else has done the tmaxx shaft mod, each to their own i guess... u just dont know what u are missing!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Scouser

Yeah I know what you mean about the handling. I still reckon the best way to change the FF would be to use the new arms and diffs from the Matrix and make the hub suitable for Maxx wheels. We would not be widening the stance too much, we would be using 1:8 scale diffs and driveshafts and CEN would not have to spend too much on r&d. Job done!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:27 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info I hope it is sooner than later

Poor judgment, from what I understand if it is not originally equipped with maxx size wheels or an option from the manufacturer it is not allowed.

At the tracks around me they will allow it to run in Unlimited but unfortunately it really isn't that competitive in that class, mainly because of the tire requirement. The rules state maxx size tires. Over there it is probably tires and wheels.

rolland
Old 07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
poor judgement

Yea , I see ur point Rolland. Dam shame then that Cen, Renegade RC and JT Racing couldnt get their acts together to produce the MT2R that they were prototyping/working on - call it what u will. I did hear a reason for it not happening from one of the parties involved, but the words used were not pleasant... and the Cen forum probably aint the best place to repeat them.

The setup was the Jt chassis with tmaxx adapters, I forget if any other goodies came with it. Would a limited edition/production spin off be allowed to race tho? If not, then thats maybe why it actually never got off the ground. Either that or the bloody half shafts...

There were some posts regarding the MT2R on the original Wild Hobbies forum, not sure if they are still available if anyone is interested... the web pages that is - not the trucks.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Scouser

This is the first I have heard about the MT2R. Any more details on exactly what it entailed?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
poor judgement

Unless we can find the Wildhobbies original threads on the MT2R, I cant think of any other details than the JT chassis and the Hex adapters, I dont know where else to look. Renegades site is now gone I think, and thats the only place I saw it, as they were going to be the distributors iirc.

I have the wheels n tyres from Renegades own test truck! Real shame it didnt get off the ground as Tim who ran Renegade is a really nice, and helpful bloke.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
poor judgement

I ran a search on google and found some links but they are all dead... bummer.

here it is - I aint makin this sh1t up!

www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=cen+mt2r&meta=
Old 07-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Scouser

Gutted. I have been searching too and everything I found was dead. Intersesting stuff though. Maybe the idea should be resurrected?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:06 PM
poor judgement

lol - it already happened!!

its sitting next to me mate!!

jt chassis, tmaxx wheels, proline body etc

i just had to take it that bit further...