Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Anyone for hardened steel pinions?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Anyone for hardened steel pinions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:16 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone for hardened steel pinions?

they are 17t m10 and 21t m12 for $35 a pair, shipped to me. they will fit the cen funfactor bell, and would suit the genesis steel spur conversion a treat.

they are too tall for my mt, even with a .28 in there... but for a rally or atx setup they would be great for a big engined, very high speed machine, well, a good 55-60mph.

i asked if it would be possible to produce the 11t and 15t also, as thats what i want, and also about 12t and 16t pinions to suit the funfactor. i dont see why these wont be possible for the same price tbh.

they are thru that toto fella who does the really hard ones for the genesis on ebay.

hes after doing them next week if anyone wants them - but let me know what u want either way, and i might be able to sort something out. yea its $35, but they are pretty much indestructable, fit a set and forget em...

feedback asap please guys.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:46 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone for hardened steel pinions?

Are the ones offered the 17/21 or the 11/15? Your post is kind of confusing.
If it is for the 11/15 I'll try a set. If I like them I would be willing to try the 12/16 eventualy.

Forgot to ask. Can you post the exact part numbers for the Genesis steel spur swap? I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff I will not need.

Thanks,

rolland
Old 10-10-2005, 10:35 AM
poor judgement

he can get the 17 and 21t done for the end of the week if anyone wants them.

i have asked if its possible for him to make us some 11 and 15t pinions as well, that will fit the funfactor clutch bell. i have sent photos of the 11 and 15t, its the 11t that concerns him due to the lack of material in the lands/grooves/valleys of the 11t gear - have a look at one if that makes no sense.

i will have a look for the part numbers rolland - its just the 39t and 43t gen spurs and cens optional alloy 2 speed hubs for the funfactor. nothin clever mate.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 AM
poor judgement

right - this thread has info on mods to make the gears fit, more work than i remembered tho... mounts and brake seat need grinding

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_29...tm.htm#2946687

theres also an alloy single speed hub that will work - i have one here, pic below, but im stuck for a part number on this. EDIT - got the bleeder! GX06 for the TR4. it may well need drilling out depending on what shaft u put it on - ie the single speed or the 2 speed style shaft.

i am also struggling on part numbers for the individual alloy hubs for the 2 speed tho - i know the complete 2 speed with the hubs is G84302. maybe worth a phone call to Cen?.......................biting my lip...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33884.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	337080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97716.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	337081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99161.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	337082  
Old 10-10-2005, 12:28 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks I'll have to dig around. I should have enough info to find what I need.

rolland