Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

2 Fail-Safes???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 03:17 PM
crv
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Fail-Safes???????

I've run int a bit of a problem. My Genesis LE comes with a fail-safe. I recently upgraded the transmitter to a JR-Z1, with a Spektrum DSM. After binding the two, chrg batt's,
and routing all cabling, making sure all connection were correct, a problem arose!!! When you turn on the transmitter and power-up the truck, all works for bout 1-2 minutes.
then the truck gets the jitters, a pumping effect on the throttle brake servo. I've adjusted,re-binded, chk'd, rechk'd, added a capacitor which they say cures all illnesses. I believe is sold by Horizon.
I've called Cen and they stated that both can work in tandem, Kopropo says they can't answer cause Jr uses a different electronics scheme, (hard to believe,being that Koprpo, makes the Z-1 for JR, but whatever.) LHS says they work together. Horizon: one tech says yes, another say's no...Whom should one believe????
Can the to fail-safes work together. is not the one on the car for the battery? when it losses chrg the fail-safe goes to the brke,(full-stop) position. The one on the Jr is supposed to do the same but for pwr drop or lose of the transmitter no??????????? Does anyone know????????????? which is the correct way.??? Can they work together, without problems?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:12 PM

Default RE: 2 Fail-Safes???????

Why do you need both? take the Gen fail safe off and use the Dsm failsafe.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:00 PM

crv

you dont need 2 failsafe. Think of it as the Pentium CPU wont work with Mac computer. If you are using the JR/DSM radio system then use their failsafe
Old 11-03-2005, 12:34 AM

No, they will not work together. Get rid of the Cen fail safe. I tried the same set up on my X-R80 and had glitches. I ditched the fail safe and it cured the problem.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:53 PM

yeah ditch the fail safe that fail safe want work with the 2.4 anyway it will never read the loss of connection plus if your servos are glitching after that call jr and ask to talk to randy and see what he says was a great help to me. the customer service is awesome even though i sent my remote back 3 times and still had the same probs. and then eventually after all that had two ct4s destroyed one alot worse than the other they gave me store credit it to were i purchased it. it could be a lemon though still a new product so many recalls on the spectrum system already