Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Cold Weather Running tips

Old 11-10-2005, 01:29 PM
JPKII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Weather Running tips

Are there any tips for cold weather running/starting of the Gen?

TIA,

Joe
Old 11-10-2005, 02:00 PM
jadda

Default RE: Cold Weather Running tips

Hi JPKII
I hade some problems when I drove my gen in the winter last year. So get the temps up before you get bashing in the snow, if you don't it keeps shutting down. It takes very long time to get it hot but when you have it up and running you should have a very good time. The gen is great in powder snow because of the all the power and the big wheels. You are going to have a great time.
I did also have problem with the one way bearing to the tranny, so sometimes it just stoped moving and the engine just revs when you hit the throttle. Didn't solve that one, but it only happened when I was driving in powder snow. You will also get a lot of snow under you body, it will melts around the engine and create ice on the tranny so your forward and reverse may not work.

Good luck
it's worth it
Old 11-10-2005, 02:07 PM
JPKII

Great, thanks for the reply. Durnig break-in I had been using a heat gun to pre-heat the engine. Maybe I'll just keep doing that to help out in the winter as well.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:19 PM
craigb

JPKII
I don't own a GEN but i have heard of people wrapping foil around the head to keep the heat in when the weather is cold... i can see it working great but its best to check the temps after a while in case things get to hot!... or you could just put it around until the engine gets warm?

i have also heard that suspension arms become brittle in cold weather so if your planing on hitting allot of things will great mass then your car () you can boil the arms (the cars not yours *lol*) in water the night before, which "ment" stops them braking

Have fun [8D]