Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Magnum NX Upgrades??

Old 12-31-2005, 09:40 PM
digout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum NX Upgrades??

I have just received a new Magnum NX Truck form Horizon Hobbies and was examining the components to see what has been upgraded on the diffs and outdrives as stated by Cen Racing. We all know how much these needed improvement. A quick visual check shows that the diff outdrives are longer, deeper slots and appear to be thinner. I hope they are made of higher grade steel so that we do not have to use the the olive mod again. Also, the CVAs look just like the old ones and carry the same part number. There are a lot of other changes throughout such as new top plate stiffeners, larger fuel tank, longer wheelbase, better radio?, and possibly better diff internals. Has anyone else bought one recently and had a chance to look it over?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Scouser

Default RE: Magnum NX Upgrades??

As far as I can tell mate, you are the first. When you strip it down, see if you can take some pics and post them up. I for one would love to see the changes that have been made. CEN have admitted that the Fun Factor had a design problem in the diff cup area so I am interested to see how it has been solved, especially now the competition is releasing trucks with 6 gear internals like the 1:8 buggies and trucks.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM
azzman

Go out and HAMMER it and see what breaks....c'mon do it for the sake of all of us here at RCU with MT2's...
Old 01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
alvinl

Anyone found parts for the Magnum on anyones website? If I find parts anywhere I am trying some of the diff cups and such on the MT2.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:53 PM
mulletman

man id love to here how the pouning went(hopfully nothing big breaks!)
Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Scouser

Any update on this thing yet mate? How did the first run go? Any issues or strange noises? How is the NT 3.0? etc etc etc.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:48 PM
digout

I started the break-in procedures on the new Magnum NX last Sunday. It started on the first pull and never died once during the break-in runs. Next, I ran the truck in my neighborhood park for some quick check-outs. It performed suprisingly well with minimal adjustments required. The .18 engine seemed a bit weak on take-off but was fairly strong on the top end speed. Tuning should help out. I have already started making changes such as installing Prolines Masher 2000 tires, Hitec 625MG high speed steering servo, HiPerf pipe and my trusted Futaba FM radio with failsafe receiver. I may try the included AM high-feature Skyion Radio next to see how it performs. The only glitch encountered was the CEN steering servo as it did not work right out of the box. In comparison to the MT2, I would say the Magnum's longer chassis, stronger outdrives and improved diffs should make this little truck much more competitive. Good work CEN!