Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

CEN help nemesis breakidge

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN help nemesis breakidge

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 12:11 AM
blackrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN help nemesis breakidge

i had my first breakidge today i still cant believe it broke i hit a jump not even 3 feet and came down on left rear wheel and the axle snaped at the wheel pin. whats up with that is this a flawed part has this happined to anyone before if so is there a upgraded part so this wont happen again. also is there any other week links i maybe need to keep a eye out for.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:27 AM
azzman

Default RE: CEN help nemesis breakidge

You shouldnt have to upgrade a factory weak part... hasnt CEN learnt anything yet!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 01-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Jman44

I broke one on my genesis at the pin also, however I have bashed my truck alot harder than that day and haven't broken one since.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:37 AM
blackrain

i was surprised when it broke then i looked at it and saw how hollow it is in the shaft. i can see its a flaw in design
Old 01-16-2006, 12:59 AM
blackrain

i saw on CEN web site they make a heavy duty cva and outdrive part number GSS10 they must know the stock ones areant that great. it figures every kit has its flaws why couldnt they give you these from the begining. talk about looking a incramental sale
Old 01-16-2006, 01:47 AM
blackrain

after taking a better look at that part number gss10 thats not the same part that i broke thats a upgrade from the drive cup coming from the diff . wich isnt my issue i broke at the wheel were the drive pin is. i hope they have something in the works thats stronger and i dont know if i want to replace it until they reply to my thread especially if this will keep happening again. or it could be a one time freak accident.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:18 AM
RC30GTR

My Genesis havent have any issue with that part too except the date i jump off the roof and land on 1 wheel.... [] bad move on my end
Old 01-16-2006, 09:49 AM
blackrain

my jump wasnt very big i will pick up a new axle i just hope they look into this part hopefully it wont happen again either way i would keep fixing it because i really love this truck deffenetly my favorite rc. i just wonder maybe these taller sniper tires may place a lot of stress on this part
Old 01-16-2006, 03:55 PM
cmepoo

yes this must be a weak link. I broke same part in same place. left front right at pin whole.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Genesis_twin

I guess you guys missed this post: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3635377/anchors_3635485/mpage_1/key_AXLE/anchor/tm.htm#3635485]Dr Honda, interested in making Genesis / Nemesis wheel axle?[/link]

I broke 4 axles in one day, all were new from ebay. I think the hardening process is not consistent and least one batch is too brittle. If you look at post #15 in the link above you can see how CEN can fix it easily by going to 10mm and/or solid(er) shaft.

I discovered that they eliminated the pin and hole in the differential drive cups on the nemesis. This was a big breakage problem for me early on. Maybe they will fix this too.