Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Shocks Settings CT4S and camber

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Shocks Settings CT4S and camber

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:28 PM
tradeachef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks Settings CT4S and camber

Anybody have any links to the settings for the shocks and camber settings on the ct4s as there are 2 extra holes on the top plate were the shocks are attached and what difference will it make to the cars response if the shocks are moved inwards also is it possible to change the camber or is it not worth worrying about
ive gone through all the info in the box and there is nothing on the CEN site
Old 08-15-2006, 11:29 PM
x-divide

Default RE: Shocks Settings CT4S and camber

Theres no real guide to setting your ct4s suspension. Its one of those things where trial and error is best used. And everyone has there own opinion on how there car should handle and how it should be setup. It also depends on what tyres you use - foamys, rubber, grooved, skinny, wide, soft, hard or drift tyres.

As i have done quite alot of drifting with my Ct4s, i like to set camber to 0 degrees so the wheels are flat to the road. This decreases tyre wear. I have just fitted some new foamys and a new setup will have to be done. Generally - you dont dont want stupid amounts of camber - that will just wear your tyres on the inside. But you do want the wheel to have full grip when turning. I do everything by eye. Just move your cars suspension and turn wheels and apply similar forces to the car as if it were going around a corner - check to see if the tyre is flat when that pressure is applyed. The front takes most of the grunt from cornering - obviously - so the rear only needs a little camber just to help with the sway of the car.

Generally, you want a softer rear shock setup as when the car accelerates - the rear lifts up. Having a hard rear shock setup will loose traction easier when cornering and accelerating. The soft rear end allows the rear of the car to float around more and the tyres to stay on the road. A harder front end shock setup should be used. If you push on the front end and it re-tracts to maxium ride height - its hard enough. If you push on the rear - it should only half re-tract to full ride height. Allowing that "floaty-ness" in the rear - which will give u traction.

Hope this helps anyway - theres probably a million different theorys about how an RC should be setup. But, just trail and error it - thats the best form of research!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:22 AM
tradeachef

Default RE: Shocks Settings CT4S and camber

thanks for the quick reply and advice il reset the rear shocks and see how i go as they are definatley to hard and it seemms to bounce through the corner rather than float