Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Genesis parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:10 AM
E_clips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesis parts?

I have had a Genesis for 2 years with very little run time on it. After sitting for the better part of the last 16 months, I have the itch to get this thing going now that there seems to be better support/mods/parts for this vehicle. What is a good online source for all the Genesis parts (stock and upgrades)? I am aware or New Era but that's about it. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:32 AM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

Default RE: Genesis parts?

your problems are solved.... www.headrushhobbies.com [8D]
Old 12-02-2006, 06:58 PM
jombo

i would try headrush hobbies or custom rc cars. they both have a wide selection of avalable parts, and quick delivery times.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:31 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

GPM makes some nice alum parts for the genesis/nemesis/GST. I can't remember their website, but the parts are always sold on ebay.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dustin, I believe you are talkiong about this site
http://hardcoretrucks.com/

his ebay store is
http://stores.ebay.com/hardcoretruckscom

very nice quality, excellent shipping service and I have bash tested these parts to the extreme with no issues so far!!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 PM
s5lin

I tried the GPM Parts, to be honest I didn't really like them. I bought the hubs, hub carriers, and steering bellcranks.

The hubs seemed to be cheap cast parts with secondary machining to make them look like they were machined from billet aluminum. Also there was slop with the bearings in the hubs. When I put the bearings into the hub, there was extra side to side play. Not good for the bearings!

The Hub carriers were ok, I didn't have a problem with that. The steering bellcranks I can't recommend. If you use the GPM bellcranks, its alot easier to strip servo horns. I had tried loosening the servo saver spring to try reduce the load on the servo to no avail. I just kept stripping out servo horns, if had I used an aluminum horn as well the output shaft on the servo would've stripped.

And I am not using the stock CEN servo for steering. I forked out $100 for the Hitec 5955TG, this is a Titanium gear servo with over 300 oz of torque!!

My truck is now back to the plastic hub, hub carriers, and steering bellcranks.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

s5ln, what works for one, might not work the next guy.

I can tell you, from at least 2 decades of manufacturing experience, these are NOT cheap castings, these are cnc machined parts that have been media blasted to create a more consistant, satin finish. This is a very common process to enhance anodizing and finish coatings.

When I installed my bearings into hubs I did notice just a touch of room, Using blue locktite around the outside of the bearing, solved that problem ever since.

I can't comment on the bell cranks, I choose to keep them plastic to protect the Hitec hs5955 servo I use. But I am using the center link from New Era to stablize the side to side connection.

The most important thing to remember is I have been bashing the hell out of my truck testing a delrine cage I am developing, The cage has failed but after several ugly landings on the ends of the suspension I have yet to break any of the arms, knuckles or hubs, I did however bend one of the upper arms and one of the lower hinge pins on the same wheel after a huge landing on that side rear, standing straight up. That was from about 18-20 feet high!!

I have broke the plastics from lesser altitude.

So, the aluminum parts work very well for a hardcore basher, but not you! thats kool

BTW I will give you a fair price for that "junk" if you dont want them
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48886.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	571878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40817.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	571879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze84935.jpg
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	571880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr45221.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	571881  
Old 12-05-2006, 03:32 AM
notch

Most people that I know in this area go through http://www.headrushhobbies.com
great prices and they know all the cen products really well so the added support and peace of mind knowing the correct parts will show up at your door is "priceless"
Old 12-09-2006, 09:25 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

I'm with Dogman .. GPM is pretty nice stuff and the cost is reasonable
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36348.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	574115  
Old 12-09-2006, 10:22 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

I give up ! I'll never learn how to post a pic. Sorry guys
Old 12-09-2006, 05:59 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: s5lin

The Hub carriers were ok, I didn't have a problem with that. The steering bellcranks I can't recommend. If you use the GPM bellcranks, its alot easier to strip servo horns. I had tried loosening the servo saver spring to try reduce the load on the servo to no avail. I just kept stripping out servo horns, if had I used an aluminum horn as well the output shaft on the servo would've stripped.

And I am not using the stock CEN servo for steering. I forked out $100 for the Hitec 5955TG, this is a Titanium gear servo with over 300 oz of torque!!
I have been stripping a ton of servo arms and never even thought about it being the alum steering assembly. I have the same servo and I've been trying all kinds of plastic servo arms, but they all keep stripping.
I did find that the alum parts took some of the slop out of the steering, and I actually had to press my bearings in, there was no slop at all.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:44 AM
notch

I suggest headrush to a lot of people and in the end they thank me cuz primo and the gang over there really know the cen product and ofer it up at a competitive price... for hop ups try new era or stay tuned for all the new aluminum goodies for the whole genesis/nemisis/GST line comin' this FEB