Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

O.S. .18 CV-RX mounting

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
offroadfury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. .18 CV-RX mounting

Hey guys, I got my O.S. .18 CV-RX finally for my magnum. But I am having a problem with the pinions and the spur gears binding so bad that I cannot move them freely. The O.S. .18 CV-RX came with mounting spacers and I was just wondering if you guys have used them or not, could this be my problem. Have any of you had this problem. any help would be great I want to break this bad boy in
Old 03-22-2007, 01:17 PM
s5lin

Default RE: O.S. .18 CV-RX mounting

Now that you have mounted the engine, did you also readjust the gear mesh? If you look at page 12 ,first box, of the NX manual you should see a 4 G36227 cap screws. You can loosen these screws to adjust the gear mesh.

A quick and easy way to set the mesh is to cut a piece of notebook paper and push the pinion gears as close as possible to the spur gear. The paper should come out with an accordian style fold, but it shouldn't be ripped.

That OS 18 is one fast motor.. Enjoy it!!

If the gear mesh wasn't the issue, please describe the problem in a little more detail. But I hope it was just the gear mesh.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
offroadfury

The pinions and the spur gears are aligned correctly but they are pushing up against each so tight that they don't move. Imagine looking at the truck from the rear and this being the pinions----><---- this the spurs. i hope you can understand that
Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
offroadfury

never mind problem fixed my brake seat was not completely in place, lol, was so excited up getting this motor out and running I wasn't paying attention to the small things. thanks for the suggestions though