Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Cant Wait GST 7.7 coming tomorrow

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Cant Wait GST 7.7 coming tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:43 AM
thurlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant Wait GST 7.7 coming tomorrow

Hi all.

Just wanted to say thank you all for the info i have gotten so far. I know this is my 1st post, but i have been reading here for quite some time, and just recently became a member. Because of the community i have seen here, and the helpful experts ( TRD in particular) I made the decision to buy a GST 7.7. It will be here tomorrow, i can't wait to see and run this bad boy. And it's very reassuring to know i have the support at my fingertips
Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Cant Wait GST 7.7 coming tomorrow

ORIGINAL: thurlow

Hi all.

Just wanted to say thank you all for the info i have gotten so far. I know this is my 1st post, but i have been reading here for quite some time, and just recently became a member. Because of the community i have seen here, and the helpful experts ( TMD in particular) I made the decision to buy a GST 7.7. It will be here tomorrow, i can't wait to see and run this bad boy. And it's very reassuring to know i have the support at my fingertips
Who is TMD ? The Real ( MUTT ) Dogman ??
Old 07-17-2007, 07:57 AM
thurlow

My bad, fixed it
Old 07-17-2007, 08:06 AM
nomobux

Thot it must be TRD ..... pronounces like Turd I think ............................. lol
Old 07-17-2007, 09:36 AM
DarkFire989

Hey, me too, Im also getting my GST tomorrow. Ive been waiting since last tuesday for this thing to come from Cali
Old 07-17-2007, 10:26 AM
dStruct714

You guys are going to love it, it's a blast. Expect a crowd if you go to any parks around town.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
DarkFire989

OMG its HERE, and its HUGE. This thing is massive, the pictures dont do justice for how big this thing really is.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:26 AM
thurlow

Show off [] I can't have mine till after work
Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 AM
burningpoo

Break her in right and you'll love this truck. I can say that I trully love this truck, and everyone that see her feels the same way.

HAVE FUN THIS TRUCK ROCKS!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 AM
DarkFire989

Yeah, Im still waiting for the glow inighter to charge, only a few more hours!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
dStruct714

Yeah, make sure you charge it good and full, if the igniter isn't fully charged it can make things fun.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DarkFire,

Be sure to take the time to go thru the truck and look at every screw to be sure everything is tight, you will hate it when your engine moves and strips the gears or you lose a screw on the suspension and crash.... It worth the extra 1 hour, and you could do it in between break in tanks.

Congrats!!!!!!

My Matrix Arena will be here today!!!! WooHooo!!! Taking Friday Off To Break 'er in!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:04 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

DarkFire,

Be sure to take the time to go thru the truck and look at every screw to be sure everything is tight, you will hate it when your engine moves and strips the gears or you lose a screw on the suspension and crash.... It worth the extra 1 hour, and you could do it in between break in tanks.

Congrats!!!!!!

My Matrix Arena will be here today!!!! WooHooo!!! Taking Friday Off To Break 'er in!!!
Taking Friday Off To Break 'er in!!!
[/quote] Break it would be more like it, METRO man
Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 AM
thurlow

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! My GST has arrived........Now if only i was home to check it out ............... Me thinks i feel an illness coming on.......... Kinda feverish, and achy
Old 07-18-2007, 11:31 AM
DarkFire989

Alright TRD will do, I'll start right now
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh Yeah Darkfire,,, Dont Forget to check your EPA on the forward/reverse servo!!!! Alot of people are breaking the shift lever first time out because the servo's End Point overpowers the shift lever when it reaches it's full stroke, and SNAP the shift lever breaks!!

Right NOMOBUX????

EDIT ADDED:Metro man???? I hate that stupid car!!! I'm shipping it to you!!! Paint flames on it what ever you want!!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 AM
thurlow

TRD check your PM please, need some info
Old 07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
DarkFire989

Well I tried to start the GST, but it wouldnt turn over[] I believe that I have the needles right, Highspeed 3.5 turns out, and low speed 1 turn in from flush. The glow plug is heating up and there is fuel going into the carb. Im puzzled, but my dad should know what to do when he gets here (friday[]). Well I'll actually see him at dinner tonight so we'll talk about it then. Thanks in advance
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
dStruct714

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Well I tried to start the GST, but it wouldnt turn over[] I believe that I have the needles right, Highspeed 3.5 turns out, and low speed 1 turn in from flush. The glow plug is heating up and there is fuel going into the carb. Im puzzled, but my dad should know what to do when he gets here (friday[]). Well I'll actually see him at dinner tonight so we'll talk about it then. Thanks in advance
Hey DarkFire,

I hope your motor at least rotates, if not you could have something seriously wrong with it. If it's just not firing up then that sounds fairly normal, that motor is real tight before it's broken in. I would check your idle screw, it should be turned in from flush, mine came about flush but wouldn't fire up or idle without me manually holding the throttle open.

You can definitely get it to fire up if you make sure you prime the motor, get fuel from the tank to the carb/HSN opening, put the igniter in and rest your hand over the handle/roll bar and put your finger on the end of the throttle linkage, you can manually give it a little gas as you're yanking on the starter. That made things easy for me at least.

Good luck, and be patient.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 PM
DarkFire989

Yeah, I can tell this thing is definently tight, I can hear it wanting to go but not that final push for it to turn over, Ill try again tomorrow. What are the actuall settings for the needles, because the one online is different from the manual.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 PM
burningpoo

I didn't play with my needles untill after breakin had to crack the glow plug just a hair then tighten after you take the glowstarter off...worked for me after I flooded the engin the first time around not a problem since...starts on one or two pulls now
Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Oh Yeah Darkfire,,, Dont Forget to check your EPA on the forward/reverse servo!!!! Alot of people are breaking the shift lever first time out because the servo's End Point overpowers the shift lever when it reaches it's full stroke, and SNAP the shift lever breaks!!

Right NOMOBUX????

EDIT ADDED:Metro man???? I hate that stupid car!!! I'm shipping it to you!!! Paint flames on it what ever you want!!
Always a S.A. in the crowd. I did that on purpose when I went to the M8, so as to help others not make the same brain fade mistake !!!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 AM
dStruct714

Darkfire,

I find a good starting point is the HSN about flush with the edge of the brass ring around the screw itself. And the LSN about 1 turn OUT not IN from flush. That's working for me while I'm breaking in this motor. If it won't idle or run but does fire up, it's most likely the idle screw, I have mine about a half turn to a full turn in from flush and that's working good so far.

With the settings above you should be able to turn the idle screw atleast a full turn in from flush if it won't start, I would try doing that because you'll be there all day cranking away..

Good luck!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
DarkFire989

Alright thanks, thats exaxtly what happening now. Once I get the thing started, I try to let go of that little bit of throttle but then the engine turns off. Ill try your settings, thanks.

Edit: I realized after your settings it started hard to pull, so i took off the plug emptied it, re primed, THEN BAM, first pull this thing came to LIFE! Its kinda smoking from the engine head, is that normal? Cause its so hot?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:11 AM
dStruct714

Yeah it's your idle for sure, at first I was worried I could set my idle too high and if you think about how much the carb opens at full throttle compared idle that tiny set screw doesn't move it very much. I've had my idle screw sometimes 2 to 2-1/2 turns in during break in, just make sure once you get it running the temps are under 200F and you should be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.