Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN Racing Cares

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:47 PM
twinacemarty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Racing Cares

dude, your the best. thanx for info!!!![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-04-2008, 08:00 PM
tanman44

A tuned pipe/exhaust of some sort for the MG16 would be great! The muffler is leaky, so it would be awesome to get more power out of the engine with a pipe!!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 PM
CEN Racing

Please feel free to make these types of suggestions to our head of R&D [email protected] I think you guys have some really good ideas and CEN Racing is always aiming to provide the very best to our customers.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
olskoolrc

got my rtr matrix tr on the 22nd and love it! however i'm not a fan of the skyion DSX am radio would have rather seen a good FM radio instead! the first thing to get ruined was the front shock tower needless to say car tire 1 truggy 0 oops!! keep up the good work over at CEN!!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:49 PM
CEN Racing

Thanks for the comment!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:29 AM
RCnut771

Hello Cen Racing, I am still waiting for the 2 speed conversion for your MG 16 and MG 10 nitro trucks. 4 months ago you said that your tech heads were working on it. Please let me know when this much needed hop up will be available and the approx cost .

Thank You for you reply![8D]
Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 AM
rclynx

CEN is stuck with the same thing as the rest of the suppliers of there own product. There all waiting for there ship to come in and its true........LOL........ I have friends that work on product for a few different manufacturers and before things even get put on a boat they have to work properly and product doesn't always come off the line the way it should so it gets stuck waiting for the improvements to the final product that can be sent to us consumers. I have just got on the CEN boat and look forward to doing business with them (thanks Erik) for my customers and I feel its a product that I can back because of the great support they offer. With another company I have been waiting for over 6 months for a product that they thought would be here in 60 days................sure glad I didn't pre-sale any [&:] just have to be patient and wait darn it [:-] if you really want to make that little truck insane with speed try a good .12 in it, I don't know for sure yet and don't know why I would do that accept its there to do it with CEN has made some good products but I've never seen any manufacturer make a 2 speed that I could fall in love with []
Old 07-02-2008, 12:32 PM
CEN Racing

R/c nut there are no current plans for a two speed conversion for that model. Look into our NX series cars if you want on off-road car that shifts into a second gearing.

Thanks for the kind word about Erik he does a fine job as a Senior Account Executive and many times doubles as our best service and tech REP!
Old 07-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Mr Terminator

Oh come on guys,as the lad said,CEN racing stated that the MG16 2 speed was being worked on,why the turnaround guys...?? It shouldn't take that much fettling and would be of similar set up to the Shumacher Riot and Havoc transmissions.Personally I think a better designed pipe instead of the muffler would be better as the stock NL15 has a bag load more power in the MG10 with the tuned pipe.If a twin exit muffler similar to the one thats on the Traxass Stampede was made it would help the engine breath better,similar to what Muck76 did with the stock muffler by adding the second stinger cap and deflector making it twin outlet.

I'm sure you guys could knock up a more suitable pipe that would fit in and help the engine breathe more,the mod does increase bottom end performance on the little MG16 and the two I have get used more than any other models I have.Please reconsider the 2 speed guys and definately the exhaust situation...

Cheers CEN, Mr Terminator,Carl....
Old 07-04-2008, 07:41 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

No one will answer you today T. We are celebrating "Limey a Azz Kickin Day"
Old 07-04-2008, 08:19 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I think I might just have to get an MG16 just to see if I can make it into a two speed with a .18
Old 07-05-2008, 06:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there any plans to strengthen the FunFactor/NX 11T/14T clutchbell? I've blown one and probably are going to blow a few more with this new engine...

BTW: FunFactor is a great platform. Mine is still rockin', and aside from the clutchbells, is lovin' this OS power. All these years and multiple crashes tumbles and cartwheels have yet to crack a control arm, bend an axle or tweak the chassis, so props to ya'll. Those shock towers are kinda flimsy tho, but being aluminum, I just bent mine back out and went back to driving.

Another thing: Did you guys know that the NT16's block isn't ported for the sleeve? When I tore my NT16 down, I could see a stain where the oil in my fuel had passed through a transfer port that didn't line up with any ports in the block. This led me to believe that serious power gains could be made by cutting this port into the block and allowing it to function. Aside from that and it's leaky backplate bushing, it was a great engine. Could you doublecheck and make sure the NT18 that replaced it has this port cut into the block? Great engines, but low on power and slightly leaky.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:05 PM
worstluck

to the cen people i have a mg10 mt and i have terrible tuning issues with it. in order to keep it from stalling i have to run the thing soo rich that it honestly burns through a full tank in less than 5 minutes. i even took it to my lhs and they coulndt even get it tuned so it wont die when the brake is applied. there was also a pool of unburnt fuel(about half a tank) where we were working on it. i know what the problem is, it is the carburetor. it only has a high end needle, and no low speed. does cen make a carburetor that has a high AND low speed needle that i can put on this engine? will carburetors made by other companies fit on it? i love the truck but hate the carburator
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 PM
premiernitrorc
My Feedback: (15)

I'd like to see beefier body mounts for the Premier 4, they don't hold up as well as the MG10's design when the truck lands upside down.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: worstluck

to the cen people i have a mg10 mt and i have terrible tuning issues with it. in order to keep it from stalling i have to run the thing soo rich that it honestly burns through a full tank in less than 5 minutes. i even took it to my lhs and they coulndt even get it tuned so it wont die when the brake is applied. there was also a pool of unburnt fuel(about half a tank) where we were working on it. i know what the problem is, it is the carburetor. it only has a high end needle, and no low speed. does cen make a carburetor that has a high AND low speed needle that i can put on this engine? will carburetors made by other companies fit on it? i love the truck but hate the carburator

Yes, they do, you can retrofit an NX18 in there. At the price of that engine, however, you are better off just buying an OS 18 CV-RX and bolting it in.

You might have to sock your slipper down pretty tight, tho, the 18 CV-RX completely dominates the CEN .15 in HP, and wheelies will be effortless.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

We Are hobby people to and we want to hear your thoughts wants needs towards some new product cars upgrades whatever tell us stuff to change in your opinion or make better Lets hear it come on guys
How about making it right for all the people that got beat out of their money on NX series trucks? Bet you dont have a thing to say about that.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
nicotech

hello cen, myself and some other friends are having problems with the flywheel on the ct5 running loose. we locktite the flywheel nut , put new collet and after about half hour run it's loose again . please help with a solution
Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 PM
93firebird

I'm starting to feel this topic was misnamed perhaps it should have been named, CEN doesn't care. They have yet to address those of us having issues with the diff gears on the NX series. They want to blame the driver, but it seems that every one that has upgraded to the steel spur and pinion gears have had issues with the diffs now. Why were they plastic spur gears anyway? I'm starting to feel disenfranchised over the whole situation. I never thought that an RC car hobby would cost more than my former REAL car hobby did!!!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:23 AM
roberts7893

I just bought a genesis nx46 looked almost new get home from the hobbie store it will not run for more than 5min at a time So i find out from a freind at the hobbie store the moter may be bad shure enough it was i bought a new nx46 now im haveing trouble tuneing 2nd and 3rd plus the settings on the carb are way diff from what cen says it should but it seems to run ok I ges (it was broke in to the letter)
Old 08-26-2008, 01:29 AM
roberts7893

I just bought a genesis nx46 looked almost new get home from the hobbie store it will not run for more than 5min at a time So i find out from a freind at the hobbie store the moter may be bad shure enough it was i bought a new nx46 now im haveing trouble tuneing 2nd and 3rd plus the settings on the carb are way diff from what cen says it should but it seems to run ok I ges (it was broke in to the letter)please help lost and can't get past 2nd
Old 08-26-2008, 06:46 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And,, your question is???

ORIGINAL: roberts7893

I just bought a genesis nx46 looked almost new get home from the hobbie store it will not run for more than 5min at a time So i find out from a freind at the hobbie store the moter may be bad shure enough it was i bought a new nx46 now im haveing trouble tuneing 2nd and 3rd plus the settings on the carb are way diff from what cen says it should but it seems to run ok I ges (it was broke in to the letter)please help lost and can't get past 2nd