Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

your harshest GST runs and the limits...

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

your harshest GST runs and the limits...

Old 03-15-2008, 06:34 PM
burningpoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your harshest GST runs and the limits...

I know this is kind of a double post, but this room is like my rc family.

In a few months I'm going to upstate NY to put my truck to the test I bought it for. I'm looking for as much info as I can get from now to before I leave to go camping. I should have the parts I want installed before I leave, even if I have to put them on up there. I'm locking the center diff, maybe just try and find 500k diff oil and leave it open, or lock and use 500k. Going to use plumbers tape on the threads of my servo saver to see if I can keep her in one place for more than a few min's. I'm going to put the nemesis front drive shaft setup in along with a shiny new nova cooling head along with the full role cage(man I can't wait to see her then[sm=shades_smile.gif].

If I'm lucky I'll get the new shocks I'm biding on because I'm leaking out of one of the rear ones, nice to get some new arms to break too[>:]

Some of the things I want to know is, if anyone has beaten there truck the way I'm about to, how did it take to a off road cluster ____ of uneven terrain from mud, roots, rocks, high low ground in close humps some inces deap and fallen down trees and limbs.{edit} I can't beleave I forgot about the mud[>:]{/edit}

How rich they ran since it's going to be slow going is some of the crazy spots I found there on the 4 wheeler. How deap, going slow, of water has anyone tryed with no problems.

Simple, cheap and hopefully free mods they did to help protect the truck.

Any ideas for a skid plate to protect the bottem of the trans and breaks.

And if they have had done any of those things parts that broke easy/in a wierd way so I can try and avoid as much damage that I can.

I know it's not smart for a poor man to get a truck with expensive parts, but I think this truck will take anything I can throw at it, within reason.

ALSO if anyone can find a good vid of a GST or NEMESIS going through great punisment I couldn't thank you enough.

Thanks in advance

I'm going to try and bring the video camra so if I get good footage, or break the truck I'm going to try and post it. I'm just hopeing I can get some nice footage so all the CEN haters can see what a real truck can do[8D]

Crazy ideas more than welcome[sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-15-2008, 06:53 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: your harshest GST runs and the limits...

Damn POO!! been a buzy boi today......

Not sure if you remember back when I was running thru ALOT of parts developement including a rollcage for Nemesis.. But I beat the living hell out it!!!! I mean I was trying to break the cage and I did. Everycage I put on it!!

Whatever you do to "Bullet Proof" it, keep in mind your weakest link(most common broken part), and the replacemnt cost. No sense in installing a part that is expensive and will bend. Just install its cheaper plastic part and spend $2-$3
Old 03-15-2008, 07:06 PM
burningpoo

I'm hopeing ebay will be kind to me when I need some parts. Set up a bunch of low bids on commonly broken parts, we'll see what I get and keep patient for the rest.

Cheapest price for 500000 diff oil is looking to be $14 plus shipping. How many cc's does the diff hold? Sad to say I hope I lose out on half my bids I have up, there set low anyway, so I know I have enought for the crome cage and your tool...unless things work out right it might take 2 months to get the cash up again for your kill bell saver. But if I have to I'll sell some old movies so you don't have to hold onto one for me, and I don't miss out on this batch.

I can't wait to get out there and really beat the snot out of this truck 200 miles away from a rc part store[>:]

with my luck...I'll lose out on all my bids, that's the way it goes for me...but lucky for you my friend.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:09 PM
burningpoo

I'm going all out and getting the cage from CA, Guess i'll get to do my own review if I get in all the fun I want....so many weeks away...feel like a little kid with a smile on my face as I break things!

{edit} I'm almost trying to use my stock truck as a crude rock crawler, just want to see her limits...then keep pushing them till it's broken[>:]
Old 03-16-2008, 05:08 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good to me Poo!! You knw you could pre pay for the Bell Buddy as it will take about 3weeks to get them in my hot hands!! PM me if interested
Old 03-16-2008, 08:40 AM
derrick05

Are you going to shoot some video? Sure would be cool to watch a little of that
Old 03-16-2008, 02:54 PM
burningpoo

I'm hopeing to get some video, don't know how good they will be, the editing software that came with my camra 6 years ago sucks so I'll try and find something new, I just hope I don't break it before we get video running. Man I can't wait....some much time from now to then I don't think I"m going to run my truck untill I get up there so everything is working great when I get there.

It's been a long time since I've rebuilt shocks...isn't there a tiny o-ring at the bottem? I'm hopeing that's all that's wrong with my back shock, but I ordered 8 more so I can beat the crap out of her.

It's sad to say that when I get up there, I think my goal might be to break my truck. I've kinda pushed her hard around here at home, but I'm getting evil thoughts on how to give her a test.

THE WAIT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

I'll try and give a full write up along with video and pictures when I get home. Man I feel like I did before I was in my accident, besides the pain I'm always in, I'm smileing and don't care about all the crap is slowing me down
Old 03-18-2008, 08:08 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Mine's been through a bit... Best one was about a 50 ft drop. Broke the front driveshaft in two, broke 2 aluminum shocks, and bent 2. Other than that, it was fine. amazing! Oh, and packed the tranny full of sand

didn't have a camera man, so no good pics, but I may do it again soon

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18453.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	907178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30672.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	907179  
Old 03-22-2008, 04:29 PM
monster_25

I live in a skatepark and I beat the crap out of mine. The only thing I broke was a upper arm,plastic shock body,and smashed cooling head. I do some hard hits . Hopfully I get a video for you.{EDIT}For the water and mud question I just drove tru about 5 or 6 inches of water no problem on the edge of a pond.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:47 PM
burningpoo

Now it's not looking like I'm going to be able to take the truck up there with me. My friend loses his license in a few days so everyone will have to pile into my car leaving no room for the truck, that sucks. Next time maybe. There is a canal close to my house, I'll have to see if it's drained where I used to swim as a kid, that I was thinking of running in. With all the rain we've had in the past few weeks I don't think I'm going to try the canal yet. I'm sick of the parks and open lots I run at.
I'm starting to drive far from my house just for something new. Come to think of it, since we have had some floods in the past few years, there's another canal that's bone dry, mostly. All I need is for the kid to get better so we can play outside, break some of the parts that just came in.