Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST roll cage....

Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM
burningpoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST roll cage....

My roll cage came in just now. Giving it a quick look over I found the front mount off center, along with some welds I could of done(I've only welded a handfull of times) hopefully there not to much of a weak spot. Going to put her on tonight, if my cold lets me, and give it a good bashing when I feel better.

Think I might add another 2 braces from the back of the cab to the end of the bed, probalby closer to make a triangle...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61125.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	913304   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43635.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	913305  
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM
cablek

Default RE: GST roll cage....

I have this same roll cage. I have yet to be able to even scratch it. In my opinion it has ths most bang for the buck.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM
fastxr

I have the same cage as well and I was less than impressed with the weld quality and assembly quality, it looks like it was just thrown together in someones garage. However everyone seems to like the strength of the cage so im gonna stick with it.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:32 PM
burningpoo

That's why I went with the company, they had alot of good reviews. Don't get me wrong, it does look sturdy. Lucky for me two of my friends have welders so I can repair if I need to, just expected more since it cost so much. I almost paid full price, only saved $10. Only time and some hard landings will tell.

(edit)

I had to see what it looked like on the truck, tight fit, but I like it. I should of did a little grinding. One screw went in a little croocked the last one of cource.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68629.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	913338  
Old 03-25-2008, 05:26 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Poo..Looks good..and use your body..will safe from alot of sand ,dirt ,ect for cleaning after your done bashing.....In a nut shell weakest point would be where the screws hold the cage on the shock
tower..might crack there..so get a couple extra towers...Have fun ....
Old 03-25-2008, 06:53 PM
burningpoo

I was going to start to use the body, most of the time. With how high the body sit's now the truck looks even bigger. I already picked up 1 set of shock towers, but think I'm going to have to get a few more incase of the slim chance I can take my truck camping with me.

With the weight of the cage on the truck you can really tell I have a blown shock. Think I'm going to make a stand for the truck so it rest on the skid plates and the shocks are fully extended. I only have 40 and 50 wt shock oil right now so I don't think can rebuild, can't remember the stock oil wt. Going to look for that wt now to see where I'm at with that. Thinking of putting 90wt in the back and 80wt in the front, not sure yet though, maybe 10 less on both.

{edit}

From what I just read the oil I have should work fine, just have to do all of the back shocks to make them even. I'm hopeing that my spair o rings will fit, unless the one in there just came out of it's seat. Not sure, it's been years since I've seen the inside of a oil shock. But that's for another day, I'm going to drink some tea, shower and lay around like a log. Good night, sick sucks.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

Hey Poo..Looks good..and use your body..will safe from alot of sand ,dirt ,ect for cleaning after your done bashing.....In a nut shell weakest point would be where the screws hold the cage on the shock
I hope you guys like beer with your PRETZELS
Old 03-26-2008, 11:16 AM
monster_25

Cant wait for mine. Should be here in a few days. Your truck looks good poo!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
burningpoo

ORIGINAL: nomobux

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

I hope you guys like beer with your PRETZELS
If it get's that bad I'm getting a keg[sm=lol.gif][sm=thumbup.gif].
I just hope the extra weight is worth the money. There is only one way to find out. I just hope it's not to soon.