Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Magnum NX gear issue

Old 07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
93firebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum NX gear issue

I recently upgraded my magnum with cnc gears, everything was running good, I had to take the rear out to replace a toe bar screw, when I reassembled I used a piece of paper to set the gear mesh again. Everything looked good, this evening while running, the truck was acting as if it has a slipper clutch, from a dead stop to hard throttle the gears where turning but the wheels would not, from a light throttle acceleration the truck would go just fine until I got to higher rpm, could this just be the second gear need adjusting or is something else wrong?
Old 07-13-2008, 11:11 AM
93firebird

Default RE: Magnum NX gear issue

I found out what it was, I stripped the front diff gears, so now I will replace them with the steel gears hopefully they will hold up.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:08 AM
derrick05

No!Not on an NX truck.I thought they were one of the most durable out there.Just contact cen and Im sure they will make it right because of their GREAT customer service.YEA,RIGHT!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:58 AM
kinzuagolfer

I would appreciate your thoughts on how those CNC gears and diff gears work for you. The truck you have and the car I have look like they have very similar chassis.
How long have you been running your truck? Did the gears you replaced with the CNC ones die?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:17 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: derrick05

No!Not on an NX truck.I thought they were one of the most durable out there.Just contact cen and Im sure they will make it right because of their GREAT customer service.YEA,RIGHT!

If you don't like CEN, quit trolling other posts in this forum and go find another brand to buy. Also, I'd be more than happy to take your unwanted CEN truck and use it for parts for mine. Being four years old, it's bound to need the odd bit here and there...

My FunFactor's diffs have held up beautifully to a steel spur and OS 18 CV-RX, plus four years of the NT16, and they don't have any appreciable wear on them at all. How the hell did you strip your front diff? I beat the hell out of mine while driving, burnouts, drifting, the odd jump or two, nevermind the insane two-wheel donuts that get the inside front wheel to 8" diameter :P

FYI: Your NX and my FunFactor share identical drivelines. They will cross over freely without mods.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:31 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: 378

If you don't like CEN, quit trolling other posts in this forum and go find another brand to buy. Also, I'd be more than happy to take your unwanted CEN truck and use it for parts for mine. Being four years old, it's bound to need the odd bit here and there...

My FunFactor's diffs have held up beautifully to a steel spur and OS 18 CV-RX, plus four years of the NT16, and they don't have any appreciable wear on them at all. How the hell did you strip your front diff? I beat the hell out of mine while driving, burnouts, drifting, the odd jump or two, nevermind the insane two-wheel donuts that get the inside front wheel to 8" diameter :P

FYI: Your NX and my FunFactor share identical drivelines. They will cross over freely without mods.
Why dont you make me? I will spend MY money where and how I please,the nerve of you telling me what post to troll.To bad you cant make me do any of that.RCU post speak for theirselves and there are more unsatisfied people than satisfied with these trucks,so there it is.Im glad youre one of the 5 out of 100 people that had a good experience with these trucks.Its easy for a truck to be 4 years old when it just sits all the time due to breakage.Mine is over a year old and probably used it 2 months of that.93 firebird has had his for 3 months(I think) and only used it for one of those,so there it is.The truth about a product always has a way of showing itself,no matter how many people like you would rather keep it quiet[X(]
Old 08-02-2008, 07:39 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why dont you make me? I will spend MY money where and how I please,the nerve of you telling me what post to troll.To bad you cant make me do any of that.RCU post speak for theirselves and there are more unsatisfied people than satisfied with these trucks,so there it is.Im glad youre one of the 5 out of 100 people that had a good experience with these trucks.Its easy for a truck to be 4 years old when it just sits all the time due to breakage.Mine is over a year old and probably used it 2 months of that.93 firebird has had his for 3 months(I think) and only used it for one of those,so there it is.The truth about a product always has a way of showing itself,no matter how many people like you would rather keep it quiet[X(]

I already explained this in my post on your other thread in General. Please refer to that, then if you wish to further flame, please do so via PM so as to not clog up the forums. :P
Old 08-02-2008, 09:10 AM
derrick05

I dont have anything farther to say other than why are you the only one that is so pleased?Also,I never said I didnt like cen.The NEMESIS is the best,most loved truck I ever had.My most loved and most hated both came from CEN.Im not here to flame them,Im just saying that they need to make it right,thats not flaming,and like I said,Im not the only one that feels the way I do,but seems like youre the only one that feels the way you do.What does that tell you?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:02 PM
93firebird

I agree with derrick05, I had a post deleted because I stated my opinion about CEN, I dont think that is right. If they were doing the right thing and taking care of their customers than we wouldn't be here typing our negative opinions about them, the magnum I have is a piece of junk sitting on the shelf after only a month of running, they blamed me the driver when it comes down to cheap parts from the factory installed to save them a few bucks, so they can sell "upgrades" which in no way improve the performance of the vehicle, which means we the customers have to give them even more money. When I was able to run the truck for that brief month I had to fix something after every run, one time the shock tower another the upper shock mount, and still another a broken screw from the steering arm to the steering servo, all junk pieces that should not have broken in the flat state of Delaware.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Anomie

I already explained this in my post on your other thread in General. Please refer to that, then if you wish to further flame, please do so via PM so as to not clog up the forums. :P
The rules that apply here in the forums also apply to private messaging. Flaming has no place either in discussion here nor via PM.

Debate is fine.

Just a reminder.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
93firebird

The rules that apply here in the forums also apply to private messaging. Flaming has no place either in discussion here nor via PM.
In America we have the right to free speech as granted by the constitution the highest law of the land!!! You have censored me and therefore taken away that right to free speech. It is also apparent that your definition of flaming and mine come from a different dictionary. I had stated my opinion that their service on this issue sucks, and they refuse to handle it without me giving more of my money for their mistakes. I don't think its fair that I have to pay close to a thousand dollars for one of their products to hold up for more than a month without breaking when that product is not worth that much money. They blame the issue on my driving on there own forum site when in fact I have been driving RC for over fifteen years with out any such mechanical issues in the past. So if you want to safe guard their name then do so but their product speaks for itself with it's short life span of only one month of very limited use.

So I ask you publicly CEN why do you not step up to the plate and handle this problem we are having with your product?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
kinzuagolfer

You should really read forum rules and guidelines before you go off on the constitution this and that. This forum is not "America". By signing up and posting you agree to those guidelines, so therefore any freedoms that conflict with these rules are to be surrendered when you post a comment. If you don't wish to surrender any freedoms by posting, simply don't submit a post.

You have a freedom to smoke in America correct? If a store posts no smoking inside you have to surrender your right to smoke while in the store. If you wish to not surrender that right then shop somewhere else.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:34 AM
93firebird

You have a freedom to smoke in America correct? If a store posts no smoking inside you have to surrender your right to smoke while in the store. If you wish to not surrender that right then shop somewhere else.
Now were comparing apples to oranges here!!! smoking is physically harmful, words are not that is why we have the freedom of speech. Once I take actions that physically harm someone then and only then do I not have a right. I am stating an observation based on a poor service experience with CEN. Until they make this right I feel that others should know of the issue.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Anomie

This thread apparently cannot remain within the forum guidelines, so it will cease. The content will remain viewable for the time being.