Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

gen ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gen ?

how hot can you run the p4's engine ihave 251. degrees on my last run. also does anyone use a street setup on the P4 mostly paved where live. My chassis keeps scraping the ground during braking. [:@]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89649.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	989165  
Old 07-12-2008, 04:07 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: gen ?

How the hell did you destroy a hub? I've got an MT2, with those same rims and much more weight on them, and in all the cartwheels I've done I've never even cracked a wheel...

Also, my NT16 ran rather cold, I had trouble getting it to come up over 230 degrees most of the time. I could flog that poor little thing as hard as I wanted to and it wouldn't get any hotter, unless I leaned it out at all and then it quit smoking and shot up a bit high, 270-ish. Silly little engine it was.

As for max temp, start trying to find out why it's running hot if it keeps spiking up above 275-280. That's still safe, but only just, and dangerously close to overheating. Like I said, I had trouble getting mine to heat up over about 230.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was going to add some pro line masher woulld that put extra stress on the drivetrain?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If their weight is within a couple of ounces of teh stocks, and the OD is within half an inch of stock, and the width I know is good, then they should be fine on stock driveline

and the stock tires on the monster truck are f'n heavy, to boot. :P