Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

genesis motor/trans problems HELP !!

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

genesis motor/trans problems HELP !!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
LILwiLLywiLLy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default genesis motor/trans problems HELP !!

first off, let me say i love this truck, i havent got it to run right yet, but just the shear size and aww factor is awesome, good job cen.
Also, i am no nitro NOOB, been messing with everything from boats, to trucks buggies, on-road and a plane for almost 15 years.

Ok, i bought a used genesisfrom a guy from the LHS. supposadely the motor was new, and he had just finished breaking it in, how, i dont know, but he said it still needed to be leaned out. so i reffered to this website, set the high at 4 1/2 out, and low at 1 out from flush, set the idle as close as i could, and whent bashing, tryed to anyway. This truck just absolutely will not co-operate. I have gone through 5 glow plugs in about as many tanks. so i know there is some issues.
The truck seems sluggish from a take off most of the time, sometimes it seems right, not what i waas expecting, but OK, other times it is like it is in 3rd, or my brake is on. I am about to give up on adjusting the trans, i dont have a manual, and out of about 10000 how to's on the web, i still havent got it. right now i got the scres (i think) for 2nd about 7 1/4 turns out. 3rd i dont even know, havent touched it.

Also, and this has been my biggest problem, seems like when the motor gets hot, sometimes just when it feels like it actually, the truck wil stay revved very high after i let off the throttle, and a few seconds, or quite a few seconds after i stof, it will idle back down, but as soon as i hit it again, it will stay high, really high. The odd part is, when this happens is when the truck really gets sluggish, and gets so bad sometimes it wont even drive in the grass. Then the motor will burn the plug and stall.
Also, i thought these were easy to start?? first couple times maybe, after that yeah right, starts when it wants and that is it, poeriod, sometimes if i loosen the glow plug it will fire, sometimes it wont, give it throttle sometimes, sometimes not.

I am at a loss here guys, can somebody please help?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:42 AM
TPRZ

Default RE: genesis motor/trans problems HELP !!

Hi,

I'm not really sure to understand all about your problem (coz my poor english ), but if you have a very hot temp, the engine attempt is idle regime in 2 times (high a few second and low), their is a delay for the engine to accelerate when you put your foot down, and the engine cut off smack on the middle of an acceleration, ...

it's the low end needle. you have to 1 turn out from flush (Cen original set up recommanded)

You can find other information about cen engine here -> [link=http://www.cenracing.com/downloads/enginemanualv2.zip]cen Nitro handbook[/link]

or [link=http://creedpwet.dyndns.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=213&Itemid=91]Here[/link], but it's in french (a english translation will online soon).

I expect that could help you a little ...

Recommended engine settings:
Top end: 3 ½ - 4 ½ turns out
Bottom end: Flush – 1 turn out from flush
Idle: 1mm gap
Recommended engine temp: 250-260 degrees Fahrenheit
Old 07-18-2008, 05:39 AM
LILwiLLywiLLy

Default RE: genesis motor/trans problems HELP !!

I definately found one of the problems, the clutches for 3rd gear were adjusted 12 and 14 turns out, it was so bad it started to meltthe clutches. from my reading, they should be somewhere around 4 turns out. I took the trans apart, sanded them down smooth again, and screwed them all the way in. If it is better now, andd i get 2nd adjusted, then i will try 3rd again.

yes, a couple of my plugs had a messed up coil, that one was new to me. I have the low end out 1 turn from flush, guess i must have a finiky motor, i'll richen it up a bit and go from there.

thanks alot.