Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Stock replacement engine for GST

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Stock replacement engine for GST

Old 08-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Vid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock replacement engine for GST

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a real quandry, a year ago my cylinder head had some cracked cooling fins. The engine ran fine so I figured i would just change the cylinder head in the winter time as theres some down time here in Michigan. So to make a long story short I swapped out the the cylinder head and tightened it up and thought I would be good to go. Easy. Well first off when I tried cranking it over there was a leak were the head attaches. When I replaced the head I replaced the shim also. Ok no problem I thought, I would take off the head and tighten it back down. Now there is no leaks, but as I crank it over it goes from easy to crank (with out the plug) to locking up the rotostart. I tried cracking the glow plug a touch and the piston still seams stuck TDC. I usually use mc-59 plugs and 30%, I think there was 1 shim between the engine and the cylinder head so thats what I went with when I ordered a replacement cylinder head. I've gotten so fustrated with it that Im thinking of just getting a stock engine replacement from Cen but I am afraid that will go about as smooth as the cylinder head replacement went seeing as I never replaced an engine before. The engine currently has been sitting for about 6 months so I figured a new one might be the way to go since I need to get this running before next wednesday as I am going camping for 2 weeks and really want to take it. Any suggestions? how difficult is it to replace the engine? time is of the essence to get this running. Any help is appreciated.

Vid
Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Vid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stock replacement engine for GST

Any one have any input?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stock replacement engine for GST

Howdy Vid, Have you goten a full rotation out of the engine since you replaced the head?? and if so try to take the head off and spin the motor over and look at the cylinder walls looking for scratches vertically.

But no its not hard to change the engine, the hardest part is breaking it in.. Oh and maybe changing the clutch and flywheel.

And hurry up with this check as you have a trip to go on soon, so time IS of the essence!!