Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Driving on sand

Old 09-15-2008, 06:36 AM
i love my GENISIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving on sand

I have just peformed a huge rebuild on my Genesis and I am keen to take it to the beach near home as it has miles of sand dunes.

My question is, what problems occur to the Genesis before and after operating on sand?
What should do and also not do?
Or should i not take it on the sand at all and just stick to operating her on the dirt?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Driving on sand

ORIGINAL: i love my GENISIS

I have just peformed a huge rebuild on my Genesis and I am keen to take it to the beach near home as it has miles of sand dunes.

My question is, what problems occur to the Genesis before and after operating on sand?
What should do and also not do?
Or should i not take it on the sand at all and just stick to operating her on the dirt?
Generally speaking, sand is NOT your friend with any motorized vehicle. Quite a bit of prelim prep and way more after run work.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:58 AM
dar123

well i`d try and stay away from snad, but alot of guys here run alot on sand! soo all i can think off is make sure your airfilter is in good shape and try and keep the sand away from your bearings etc...
Old 09-15-2008, 09:25 PM
barak7.7
My Feedback: (1)

Some one gave me a tip for driving in sand with my GST -to seal the top of the gearbox .They recommended to silicon a rubber boot (from a electrical switch) around the shifter.
Also a point -rust . I had the truck sitting here waiting for some parts and all the metal bits have surface rust -so you should protect your metal parts from the salt in the sand
Hope it will help