Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

My gst 7.7 won't shift

Old 01-25-2009, 09:27 PM
off-road jato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My gst 7.7 won't shift

I broke it in like it said and now it won't shift. Is this common for this truck? How do I fix it?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
93firebird

Default RE: My gst 7.7 won't shift

You can just throw it over a cliff, despite what TRD says they are junk, and you will need to pay about another 1000 bucks or so to convert it to brushless to make it worth anything. Go ahead and buy the diff upgrades cus they are going to break soon too.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:50 PM
off-road jato

I wanna keep it nitro. i just want to fix the tranny.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey 93fireturd, hows it going??

Anyway, off road jato, it will take a mechanical mind and some patience to get the shifting right. there have been several here that can do it successfully, in fact read the last couple post on this thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7668721/tm.htm

Read the instructions in your manual and be sure to use small equall adjustments and you WILL get it right..
Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 PM
93firebird

hey 93fireturd, hows it going??
funny you say it like that since that what TRD reminds me of!! A big giant TURD just like CEN products.(you had to go there)
Oh and I'm doing just fine, my CEN products haven't broken once in the last two weeks, but that's only because they haven't been driven. I'm sure that if I were to have put any fuel in them they would be needing new parts again, since that's what they do every time.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM
off-road jato

can someone please help me
Old 01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
DanBP

Hey off-road Jato, did you try what The Real Dogman suggested? Make sure you follow the instructions correctly and it will work, if it still doesn't then you might want to dismount the transmission and make sure that everything in there has screws tight and on the correct places. Sometimes the clutch shoes get debris in between them and scratches the face of them, causing them to work unproperly. Also make sure that your engine is correctly tuned to reach the maximum RPM neccessary for it to shift into 3rd it should sound like this: [link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6vIz1veiQ]CEN GST shifting video[/link]. You can get the tuning document from [link=http://www.rcdocuments.com/?page=1]here[/link], use the NX-76 one.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
cablek

The link that you posted says to set the LSN at 2.5 in from flush. Is this correct? I have seen other documents that say from flush to 1 turn out. Can anyone out there definitivly say which setting is correct? Thanks

Keith
Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
DanBP

It is 2.5 in from flush. Depending where you are it varies. To most people it works with 2.5 turns, this should give you a strong powerfull wheelie pulling monster, without hesitations. Make sure you keep your engine at the correct temperature (recommended 220 to 240 degrees Fahrenheit) and that there's smoke coming out of the pipe.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 AM
93firebird

ORIGINAL: cablek

The link that you posted says to set the LSN at 2.5 in from flush. Is this correct? I have seen other documents that say from flush to 1 turn out. Can anyone out there definitivly say which setting is correct? Thanks

Keith
This is just one of the many problems with CEN, Inconsistency on information pertaining to their products, No one really knows the real answer to your question some say this some say that. I say get rid of them.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:40 PM
DanBP

You know I'm starting to think that 93Firebird is just sitting around looking for someone with questions about CEN products and try to dissapoint them. Sorry man (or woman) the trucks are too good for someone to be dissapointed.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:49 AM
93firebird

Too good? well I'm disappointed so they must not be that great. I just think that it's my duty to warn others that these products don't live up to the hype that CEN puts out on them, and that you will spend more time turning wrenches than driving them.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: DanBP

You know I'm starting to think that 93Firebird is just sitting around looking for someone with questions about CEN products and try to dissapoint them. Sorry man (or woman) the trucks are too good for someone to be dissapointed.
+1 I will say that some of cen rc's are not good for newbees and the gst is one of those.It is a great truck if you have been around nitro and rc's for some time there great,for a newbee not so great.There is alot of adjustments on this truck that require some knowlege to be able to get it to run correctly,shift properly ect.Sounds like Firebirds a newbee and must not be very mechanically inclined so therefore bashes cen becouse of his lack of ability.Cen makes some great products,some need some minor attention out of the box like alot of rc's do but once gone through are great rc's.The gst is a bad to the bone truck,I know I love mine.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:57 PM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: DanBP

Youre absolutely correctExcuse me for saying so but 93 is just a dumbass and wants to take it out on everyone because he is to stupid to figure out one of these trucks.He just likes to complain.If you listen to TRD,you cant go wrong.He is THE MAN when it comes to cen trucks.Trust me on that.These trucks arent for beginners or the mentally handicapped(93) but if you have some nitro experience and a little mechanical skills the pros will outweigh the cons with these trucks.Be patient and listen to TRD and you will get more joy and satisfaction out of that truck than you could from anyother on the market.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:15 PM
93firebird

hey derrick you retard why dont you tell everyone about your magnum, now you want to praise CEN for their products and you want to sit here and talk **** about me. f u you little *******!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:50 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Do you still have your gst Firebird? If so what do you want for it?I will take the pos of your hands.LMK
Old 02-03-2009, 10:57 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why you gonna pick on Derrick?? Because he actually did not back YOU?? firebird, do you even realize you are making yourself look really bad? I will till help you get through your issues if you want to focus on the problems.

ORIGINAL: 93firebird

hey derrick you retard why dont you tell everyone about your magnum, now you want to praise CEN for their products and you want to sit here and talk **** about me. f u you little *******!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 AM
off-road jato

Im deff not a newb, so i think im just gonna take apart the tranny and re-assemble the whole thing and fix the shifting problem.