Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Subaru WRX Rally

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:27 AM
kapowwe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru WRX Rally

I was considering purchasing a cen subaru wrx rally, but i am questionable about cen's quality, for i do not know much about cen. (i might buy a 1/8 buggy if i don't buy this.)
if anybody owns one, could you tell me a bit about it? is it of good quality, is the engine good, etc.
thank you!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 AM
93firebird

Default RE: Subaru WRX Rally

buy the other buggy, If I am not mistaken the wrx is based on the nx series as is the magnum,(see my other post) you will need to spend about a grand to make it worth the three hundred they sell for. To me you would just be throwing away money.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 AM
mike mackenzie

I have a gallon through my NX and have had no problems with it. With some preventative maintenance and proper gear mesh you should have no trouble. The only time mine has broken is when I let someone else drive it.

However, if you are considering club racing I would go with the 1/8 scale buggy or truggy as they are more popular at most local tracks.

Even if bashing is your main activity I would recommend the 1/8th truggy, they can take a lot of punishment.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:03 AM
kapowwe

okay, thanks. im looking towards an Ofna buggy, cause i don't race, it would be for bashing. thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
mike mackenzie

The losi 8eight is a pretty good buggy if youre looking for RTR, From amainhobbies you can get it for $400 and it comes with a 2.4ghz transmitter, a hump pack, roto start, lots of good stuff if you dont have them already. if you just bashing you can upgrade it to the 2.0 as you break stuff
Old 03-12-2009, 02:33 PM
kinzuagolfer

I may have missed the train on this one. I actually own one of the WRX's. Had some problems, but it runs and is fun to drive.
Both my dad and I bought one. I got mine for 150 USD brand new on a very well known auction site.
Mine ran great to start with. Progressively got worse till it wouldn't run anymore. Almost a gallon probably. I would bet anything there is an air leak, but I never looked into it. Only casualty was a fuel tank with some moderately tough bashing.
My dad's car ran great till I stole his engine. He broke parts doing pretty minor bashing. He only drove on road or grass. His car is currently in ruins due to the battery pack wire coming loose resulting in a catastrophic crash.

The car is not fragile, but a lot of other vehicles will have better durability in my opinion. From my experience the front drive dogbones (the part that the wheel nut screws onto) is the weakest link for the car.
I'm overall glad I got the car. Love the WRX body. Jumped it. Bashed it. Not much in the dirt unfortunately. I'll be selling it soon I think. Going into the army.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:19 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a FunFactor, which is the older ancestor platform to the NX you are looking at, and I've never broken anything that wasn't due to operator error or simply far too much torque for the aluminum CB teeth to handle :P

I hate their radios tho...feel like toys, they do.