Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

911 need help with my ct5

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:02 PM
cenracer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 need help with my ct5

Hey guy, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem with my cen ct5 rc. I put the car away for the winter and now that its
summer I took it aut of the box, and i tried to start it, and did not work at alll. I follow the procedures and intructions that i have when
i first bought the rc car. i order a electric starter and still not doing anything. I bought two new glow plugs, fully chage ignitor. fully charge battery for the
electric starter. I new fuel in the tank, i primed the car and still notthing. One thing that i notice was that
the glow plug did not smell like fuel at all. Is it suppose to be like this?. the car also gets floode quickly, so I take off the glow plug and
turn the car upside down to get the old fuel out. is there something that i am doing wrong or should i just replace the sleeve and the piston maybe that
will work. can you guy help me.... thanks....

Allright.. today I took the engine apart, clean it, and i notive a uneven wear on where the rod connect to the crankshaft. There is some play there, and
when i turn the shaft with the rod with my fingers, the rod comes off the shaft, i think there is too much play there, so i will order a new sleeve, pison, rod and a
shaft, maybe this will work. iff not I will just buy a new engine... ........
Old 04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 911 need help with my ct5

What kind of glow plugs exactly did you get? Sometimes too "cold" of a glow plug wont let your engine start.

If you turn the flywheel by hand, can you feel if the engine has much compression? You should feel it being easy to turn, then harder to turn, etc.

If you put a glowplug in the end of your ignitor (with needlenose pliers or w/e), does it glow white hot, or just get orange/red hot?

What kind of fuel are you using, and how old is it?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:27 PM
cenracer2

thank for anwers me back. I am using 30% nitro fuel, by teamloss. I bought the car last year, I put it away so
basically the fuel is a year old. I storage it on my room all year, untill now. I don't remember the name of the glow plug, but I go to
the hoobystore and keep buying the sameone from last year and they work. I do hold the glow plug with the needle pliers and it
turns bright red orange. and I also feel the compressin on the car, the only thing that I saw was a play on the connecting rod and the
shaft, don't know if this is the problem.. ...
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
dustin7837

Play between the con rod and crank shaft definately isn't a good thing, but I wouldn't think it would prevent the engine from starting. If you can feel the compression of the engine, then obvisously the con rod and crank are staying togerther in the engine, and if you feel the compression then the head must be sealing to the motor.

What kind of electric starter are you using?

I would say 80% of starting issues are glow plug/glow ignitor related. That glow plug should glow whitish orange.

Have you tried resetting the HSN and LSN to factory settings?

Have you tried holding the throttle open while trying to start the engine?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
cenracer2

I bought the electric starter from nitrorcx, a 1800v batt. I bought it because the pull coil broke, so I thought the electric starter
would make it easy. no I have not tried to reset the factory setting of the car, don't know where to start. i also have not tried
hold the throttle while starting the engine, it seen that every atemp that I make is usless. I do charge the ignitor everytime
so it will light up the glow plugl. Should I just buy another glow plug, and a new fuel, to see if it wil work
Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
dustin7837

If the engine is flooding, the best thing to try is holding the throttle part way or even fully open when starting.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
cenracer2

I would tried that probably tomorrow, I would tried to see If I can reset the factory settings, and tried to hold the throttle fully open,
. One thing I notice is that when I prime the engine and I tried to start it, I see the fuel come out of the throttle, am i putting to much
fue, while I am priming the car?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
dustin7837

Fuel comming out of the throttle... ? where exactly, you mean it's leaking out of the carburettor? No fuel should leak out of anywhere. You should be priming it just enough so that there is no air in the fuel line up to the carb.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
cenracer2

when I prime the car, the fuel that goes inside the shaf spills out, everytime I tried to start the engine the
fuel come out of the throttle, some how spills the fuel out. do you have any ideas why? I would tried tonight to see If
i can get it started again, with the factory settings....

Ok, il just got done messing with the car again, I think that the problem that I been having all this time is the electric
starter, I think that it does not have the same power as the pullstart, beside everything was fine before. The car starter
fine with the pullstart, now that I tried it with the electric starter, it does not turn on at all...... I will buy a pullstart again and not used
the electric starter anymore..... I am sure that's the problem...
Old 04-24-2009, 05:45 PM
cenracer2

dustin, one question would a loose rod to the crack would couse my engine not to start, This is what I am seeing inside the engine.
with the glow pug uninstall the piston moves fast and freely, but whem I install the glowpug, the piston moves very slowly not fast, the
piston does not move very fast as it shouldl.. any idea? anyone beside dustin can give me some ideas i would appreciated alot thanks....
Old 04-25-2009, 05:22 AM
philoc

your fuel is WAY to old

get team lossi fuel again but dont get model technics
Old 04-25-2009, 06:32 PM
cenracer2

I will try that, thanks...
Old 04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
cenracer2

I found the problem with my rc car, it was the bearing that connect between the crank and the pullstart.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:38 AM
cenracer2

I finally got my rc car starter. all that headaches for one little thing, all I have to do now is adjust the tuning of the car, because is not
not running right. I can't wait to get tune right and go fast... Thanks guys for all the help.....