Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

matrix buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:05 PM
craigdennis15
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default matrix buggy

i just traded for a matrix buggy and am waiting on it. are there any must have upgrades? ill be driveing around my house in the desert here in az and some jumps, and eventually making it to a track for the first time. what should i be adding to it, what the hot setup, shock oil weights, springpreload settings, diff oil weights, tires and wheels, toe, camber, and all the other stuff im missing and dont know about lol. oanda good gearing choice. is thisa descent buggy for a first attempt at the track thing? thanks for any and all help. deffinately feel like a newbie and i am when it comes to more than tuning for infront of the house. thx

CraigDennis
apache junction, arizona
Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Malmuerte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: matrix buggy

If its the C-1 RTR buggie, you don't need anything. Its a tank and can handle anything you throw at it. When you get arounf to making or taking it to a track then I'd chenge the wheels. The stockwheels have no insert so while its okay for bashing it'll have no traction on a track.

If you get into racing then its a whole new ballgame. Like I said its a tank and its heavy so you'll need to lighten it up a bit. CEN has upgrades for all its RTR buggies just for that purpose. www.cenracingdirect.com/

The engine is a little tough to tune. Although I think most people don't think of adjusting the clutch springs. I always had the problem tha if I set it to where it idles nice, without rolling,it wouldchug on when you hit the gas. If I tuned it to where it would not chug when you hit the gas it would roll. What I needed to do was tighten the cluch springs a little. Oh well live and learn.

Its a great buggie I've only broken a couple of things on mine and they were because of poor landings. If you land on the front right wheel only you will need to replace things.

Of course this all depends on you getting the stock C-1. Chances are its been upgraded a little.

Good luck