RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   Customrccars.com (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/4682009-customrccars-com.html)

poor judgement 08-28-2006 07:40 PM

Customrccars.com

Cheers guys - I ordered some parts off you and you sent them as a gift, thereby avoiding customs costs. So I ordered some more parts - $30 worth... only you marked them as being $50 worth, and had to pay customs charges on $50... thanks a lot. They arent even what I wanted. No more orders from you then.

The first order took forever, and the 2nd cost me an arm and a leg for something I didnt even want. Cheers for that.

Not at all slightly impressed or recommended. Give them a miss.

cenracer1 08-28-2006 08:03 PM

RE: Customrccars.com

just read you post on them after commenting on how good they are here in the states... I guess not too good overseas....... thankfully, I don't have to deal with customs here...

Frank88888888 08-28-2006 09:39 PM

That sucks i have never had a problem with them but then again i wish i could choose which shipping i want:eek:

Tinybaum 08-29-2006 11:57 PM

Thats why I just call up www.toyhaus.com they dont have everything listed on their site, but if you want it they will try and get it. They have always been fair on their prices, and shipping is quick. Even when i didnt know what parts i needed i called and they took care of me....2 thumbs, and 2 big toes up for them.

Tiny

dustin7837 08-30-2006 12:34 AM

I order from customrccars.com to canada all the time and have never really had any issues.
Customs fees sem to be totally random (in canada anyway). usually all my stuff is shipped the exact same way through small parcel USPS. The odd time I get dinged, but there doesn't seem to be any reason or pattern as to what parcels get dinged wtih customs fees...

Sorry to hear that PJ, $#17 happens...

poor judgement 08-30-2006 12:46 PM

Its the fact that, my first order was marked as a gift, so no charges. The second order cost $30, but they marked the value as $50, and I had to pay over the odds. Maybe it was to make up for the first freebee?

Frank88888888 08-30-2006 02:40 PM

howd you get a gift from them? lol ive never goten a gift whats up with that.:D

azzman 08-30-2006 07:05 PM

MARKED as gift so no customs charges, not a real gift as in FREE!!!

poor judgement 08-30-2006 07:32 PM

I havent tried Toyhaus yet, cheers Tiny, Ill drop them a mail nest time I need something.

alvinl 08-30-2006 07:42 PM

The last order I got from Toyhaus looked like it had been dropshipped. Not sure though, just an observation. But I have always had great luck with them. Plus their prices have been better lately. They used to charge almost full retail for CEN parts. Now I guess they have more competition.

Frank88888888 08-30-2006 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: azzman

MARKED as gift so no customs charges, not a real gift as in FREE!!!
[X(]OOOOOOOOOOO i understand now

customrccars 08-31-2006 02:17 PM

Poor Judgement,

Thank you for your business. I am sorry you were charged custom fee's we ALWAYS mark gift on the custom forms.

Second of all if you received the wrong parts or had any concerns about your order you should have contacted us by phone or email first. (888)510-2670 [email protected]
We do our best to keep our customers happy. I feel you went the wrong way about resolving this issue by bad mouthing Custom RC Cars instead of contacting us directly and letting us help fix the problem.

Regards,
Chris Meyer
www.customRCcars.com

poor judgement 08-31-2006 03:25 PM

I used to agree with that whole idea.

Maybe someone simply forgot to tick the Gift box, and got their adding up a bit muddled - but at least this way they are less likely to forget on someone elses package, perhaps you will even mark the correct value too.

Nothing personal.

customrccars 09-01-2006 07:43 PM

Well I must say that is "poor judgement"

Hence your username!!! HAHHHA
jk
nothing personal...

Regards,
www.customRCcars.com

azzman 09-01-2006 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: customrccars

Regards,
Chris Meyer
www.customRCcars.com
And to think, I was almost gonna take your side, you were doing well until that last comment...

Regards,
Azzman

alvinl 09-01-2006 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: customrccars

Regards,
Chris Meyer
www.customRCcars.com
DUDE! As a representative of customrccars, you really should hold yourself to a higher standard. How about a jk after the haha so we would atleast take it as a joke? It's no longer a matter who is right or wrong but the fact that you just proved PJ's point.

The Real Dogman 09-02-2006 04:08 AM

tsk,tsk customrccars....I am so embarrassed for you.....THAT comment was truely "poor judgement"...... A higher standard is so much more appropriate. Good Luck....

poor judgement 09-02-2006 05:35 AM

Oh dear.

Ok, I can say more if you want to keep this going.

My first order from you had taken just short of 2 weeks, so I contacted you to find out what was happening. Only after I contacted you did I find out that the "Package had been damaged in transit and returned to customrccars" and only after my email did you send another package out.

Would have been nice if you had contacted me about that, as you had my money. I chose to let that go and not "bad mouth" you then. After the 2nd and last order I placed ran its expensive course due to your actions in regard to marking the packaging, I felt it only right to warn people of the potential costs of ordering internationally from yourselves.

Bad mouthing? More like a bit of consideration and respect for fellow RCers. Try it.

Is this where the admins jump in?

mulletman 09-02-2006 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: poor judgement

Oh dear.

Ok, I can say more if you want to keep this going.

My first order from you had taken just short of 2 weeks, so I contacted you to find out what was happening. Only after I contacted you did I find out that the "Package had been damaged in transit and returned to customrccars" and only after my email did you send another package out.

Would have been nice if you had contacted me about that, as you had my money. I chose to let that go and not "bad mouth" you then. After the 2nd and last order I placed ran its expensive course due to your actions in regard to marking the packaging, I felt it only right to warn people of the potential costs of ordering internationally from yourselves.

Bad mouthing? More like a bit of consideration and respect for fellow RCers. Try it.

Is this where the admins jump in?
I dont think yet but the admin may, over in video forum i ve read much worse

michelob78 09-02-2006 12:22 PM

Well, unflattering posts are a part of forums. As long as you do not give transaction specifics, and the experience was first hand that stated facts. I see no problem with this thread so far.

Frank88888888 09-02-2006 01:31 PM

Regards,
Chris Meyer
www.customRCcars.com
toyhaus here i come...

rolland 09-03-2006 03:14 PM

This is the largest forum on the internet for CEN products and hopefully they will try to make things right.

rolland

customrccars 09-03-2006 04:28 PM

I agree my last comment was inappropiate. I was caught up in the moment. Sorry "poor judgement"

My point is Please contact us first and we will fix whatever concerns you might have. We have no control over the mail systems.

As far as poor judgement if you have suggestion for fixing your problems please PM me a solution.

Lets FIX this!

Good Day!
Chris Meyer
www..customRCcars.com

Tinybaum 09-04-2006 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Frank88888888

Regards,
Chris Meyer
www.customRCcars.com
toyhaus here i come...
Frank I agree, www.toyhaus.com site should be remodeled within the next month or so

rolland 09-04-2006 10:16 PM

Tinybaum and Frank88888888, I have done business with Toyhaus and had a similar experience as Poor Judgement, maybe not the customs issue but it did take them 3 weeks to ship parts that they had in stock. The main frustration with them wasn't the time that it took but they instantly bill my CC and then decided to send the parts 3 weeks later after I had to call them. But I will still do business with them even after the problems that I have had, mainly because of the lack of online vendors.

I am not the slightest bit concerned if what Poor Judgement did is right or wrong and I am a little disapointed with Custom RC's response but the fortunate out come of this is that Custom RC might pay a little closer attention to over seas shipments or require that an over seas shipment gets a tracking number. Over seas customers are now aware of the problem and can decide if they want to deal with Irvine or take their chance with Custom RC or use CEN's online shop.

rolland