Search
Notices

To Fly Again?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 01:08 AM
latebloomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Fly Again?

I thought that I was through flying radio control and bought a monster truck last month, but now I'm debating on flying helicopters again. I have a Kalt Baron and I took it apart for a good cleaning, then put it back in the box it came in a few weeks ago. I know that Kalt parts are or will be hard to come by if I keep crashing, so I've looked at buying a Hawk or Hirobo Shuttle. I can put my Baron back together as I have the parts, but flying will be at my parents house and every weekend weather permitting. If I choose to fly again, it'll be with a purpose so I can get beyond hovering and maybe do some 3d flying. I have everything I need to fly again but sometimes not the budget for repairs and if I join a local flying club a real car, to get to the airfield at the other end of the city. I suppose its the holiday season that's pressuring me to spend money or that I'm single and could do with more toys perhaps, or if I buy online my credit card I need to use again and again. I don't know if anyone out there flies and drives r/c cars or trucks but I suppose they can alternate weekends, as long as they have their wits about them when flying so accidents wont happen.

Thanx
Old 12-23-2003, 08:01 PM
syclic

Default RE: To Fly Again?

Heck, for the price of a Hawk Sport why bother with the Kalt. You will find the Sport flies as well, is inexpensive to operate and as you are from Calgary you will find a number of dealers in Alberta have very good parts support for it
Old 12-23-2003, 11:09 PM
latebloomer

Default RE: To Fly Again?

Thanks. I notice that parts for the Hawk are cheaper than what they are for Kalt parts, but it all depends on the model and what needs to be fixed I guess. I know what you mean about going to the Hawk as its just a matter of time before Kalt parts are hard to come by, then I'll be out of luck if I need anything. I find the cost of some things pricey at my LHS like a tailboom $20, so I thought of finding a piece of tubing at a hardware store for half the cost even though I could be sorry than safe in the air. I gotta really think about flying again and use flight sims to crash for free, I have the csm flight sim but I'd like to give the fms I think its called. I wish I got involved in the hobby years ago so I can be like the guys in the r/c magazines, except do I really want the attention?

later