Notices

reciever battery options

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 10:20 AM
onytay
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reciever battery options

what would be the better battery to put in the Hawk Sport, 1800 MAH 4.8V or the 1800MAH 6V? also should i go with a flat battery pack or the square one?
Old 12-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Darksider

Default RE: reciever battery options

it all depends on what combination of servo/gyro you have, for instance the futaba 401/9253 is only rated by futaba for 4.8 or 4 cell packs, alot of the futaba digitals are only rated for 4.8v in fact, however if your servo's and gyro's can take the 6v pack it's certainly a good idea often leading to an increase in torque and speed to servo can provide, you'll need to check it out and decide from there.

Gareth
Old 12-27-2003, 02:51 PM
ChopperMike

I've always used 4 cell packs in my heli's and fixed wing but I fly with several guys who use 5 cell packs. The 5 cell pack will have a higher current draw as well as having higher torque so you need to consider that as well. I find that the flat packs fit better, I usually put the battery underneath the rx and secure everything with a foam wrap velcro'd in place (with foam between the rx and battery).

Regards,

Mike
Old 12-27-2003, 05:10 PM
onytay
My Feedback: (1)

Im not really looking at getting more tourqe, just wanting it to last longer

I plan on using a JR 410T tail lock gyro, im guessing that tail lock is the same as heading hold??????

im not for sure what the servo option is for the gyro, perferiably JR brand, any suggestions???
Old 01-01-2004, 10:29 PM
syclic

Go with the 4.8/1800.

If you want a longer flight time on a battery, you increase the MAH rating, not the V rating. In this case you are keeping the same MAH rating (1800) but asking about different voltage (4.8 or 6V).

To increase run time, go from a 4.8/1800 to a 4.8/2400 or 4.8/3000. These will weigh about the same or less then the 6V/1800 but give longer flight times.

As you are flying entry level learning maneuvers, I would not imagine that you are using digital servos on every control and/or flying maneuvers that would be considered "high drain". So an 1800 pack would last a good number of flights.