Notices

Toki engine .40

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Toki engine .40

any word on this engine,why its more than the OS,,just wondering at this point,,..thanks , Rog
Old 05-28-2005, 08:21 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Toki engine .40

ok, googled this thing and found 1 good report on the .40 but more bad news about the rest of their line of engines...under powered, bad castings, ..Rog
Old 10-10-2005, 06:48 PM
WAMIII1946

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know nothing about the Toki 40 except the ads by Century. However, why would anyone even try one when OS is on the market?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:06 PM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flyinrog,

It is actually less then the OS37H if you compare apples to apples. The OS37H comes WITHOUT muffler for about $150.00, the Toki 40H without muffler is $125.00.

The Toki 40H with its' own large tuned muffler is $160.00. If you were to put a similar muffler on the OS37 (as the K&S unit I have on my OS) it would cost an aditional $70 or so.

As for the engine itself. I cannot speak from my own experience but two fellas at our field have Hawk Pro's with them and they seem as powerful as my OS37 with the K&S muffler and as easy to set up.

So the only question I have is which one will last the longest? That will probably take a season or two to settle. I have looked them over in detail and have found the workmanship to be on par with the OS. It is far better then any of the Chinese engine clones I have tried in the past. As the Toki comes from Japan, I expected it to be better.

Both have also been in reviews of helicopters in two magazines from the UK and both reviewers seemed to be equally impressed with their ease of use and their performance.