Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

Which Flight Pack for Hawk IV?

Community
Search
Notices

Which Flight Pack for Hawk IV?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 03:21 PM
CyberPilot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Flight Pack for Hawk IV?

I'm getting a Century Hawk IV ARF with the Century PG2000 II Dual Rate Gyro. I have a Hitec Eclipse 7 which should work with just about any FM PPM receiver. What type of receiver and servos should I buy?

Thanks,
C.P.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:10 PM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flite pack

The most important critria is dependability. So be sure to put dependable equipment into it. That being said, what is dependable in an airplane may not be so in the higher vibration and higher work load (cycle) load of a helicopter

A thirty size heli is not as demanding on servos as a 60. Specially if you are just using it for training (from your question I am assuming you are because if you were an experienced heli flier I would guess that you would already know the answer to this question).

Because of the much higher work cycle of a servo in a helicopter, you must use a larger battery pack for the same flight time as in a similarly sized airplane and I would suggest (if you can afford it) that you use proven dependable dual BB servos.

All that being said, I would not recommend anything less then a well built 1100 mah battery pack from a reputable manufacturer and Futaba 3001 servos. If you can afford the extra go for the 9001's or even the 9202. All three are very dependable but the 9000 series is a lot more precise and stay slop free for a long long time. These are sevos that I have used a lot and have found to be very reliable.

Most receivers of consequence from JR, Hi-Tec, Airtronics and Futaba are proven reliable so any from them all will be fine.

Because of the dirtier and higher vibration environment of the heli, it is also a good idea to substitude the standard airplane switch for a heavy duty one from JR or Futaba. The standard type swith will work for awhile but will not last as long in a heli as it will in an airplane. In an airplane they seem to last almost forever, but in a heli, they are far less reliable.

P.S. You are going to really like that heli. I have been flying heli's for over 17 years and this is the one I recommend for ones first heli. It will take you right on through to 3D with minimum maintenance and all at a very affordable cost.