Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

Tell me about the Century Hawk Pro!

Community
Search
Notices

Tell me about the Century Hawk Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:11 PM
cfry526

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tell me about the Century Hawk Pro!

I think that is the heli for me, but I am like you, I am waiting for the tax refund-I hope. The price sure is right.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:25 PM
losilover1245

yes i put the grease on the gears like the manual said. i took it all apart and put it back together and it still doesn't work. a good bud of mine at my lhs is a century rep and has been sponsored by jr, century and spektrum. he is going to take it home and fix it for me over the weekend. i like it alot. i recently painted my winshield black to make it more visible during flight. ohh well. gues i will be flying my t-rex 450se (my baby) for a while. i also need to get to know how to setup my dx7 now.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:21 PM
ozzy23

Hi,

Im thinking of buying a Hawk pro 50. Can anybody supply me with a good spec P.S. I am a beginner.

Model - Hawk pro 50
engine - OS 50 hyper? or OS37 SZH?
Silencer -
Gyro & tail servo - GY401 etc... or ?
other servo's -
Battery -
blades -

I am looking to cost up this option ASAP.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 AM
jkrause528

Ozzy,
If it is in fact a 50 size heli, go with the 50. You will eventually want the extra power.
My HP30 came with a muffler that seems adequate so that should suffice for now.
I'm partial to the 401 gyro and you will want to use a digital (FUT9254) servo with it for power and speed.
I used Futaba S3151 digital servos for everything else, they came with the Radio.
Use at least a 1000mah receiver battery. Heli radios work almost constantly while flying so it will need all the battery it can hold.
For a beginner, I would stick with the stock blades. You may have the odd mishap which will likely damage the blades. It's better to get that out of the way with the less expensive blades and purchase the CF blades after your skill has improved. Make sure they are balanced and tracking right.
You will also want to pick up some training gear before you start flying, it is well worth the extra $20.00.
In general, setup is everything. The more carefully you build and setup your heli, the better it will fly.
Good luck,
JK
Old 02-14-2008, 01:13 PM
msm15
My Feedback: (20)

Hi I heard some rumors that the heli max Kinetic 50 is really just a hawk in a 50 size, is this true can I use the same parts for both ?
thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Broncoflyer

Hi all,
Just chiming in my two cents. Just bought a half finished 30 size century airwolf. I am in the process of getting all the stuff to fly it.(never had any type of heli before). The mechanics I have read are basically a Hawk pro and from what ive seen so far the instructions seem pretty straight forward on them. However the instructions for the scale fuge sure leave a lot to the imagination. And if yuo've never even seen another nitro heli before(i havent) that imagination is limited.Getting the rear retracts installed required the hiring of a midget contortionist. but they look really cool. The question ive got is all i can find for fuel is coolpower with only 17% lube. The manual for the os46fx-h (never been started) says to use at least 18%. Found a site that explains how to make your own, but Im not gonna do that, got no time.will 17 % really kill the motor. I wish traxxas put out the specs for their Top Fuel, got 3 gallons of that downstairs for my revo's.
Other than that my new-to-me futaba 9zhp showed up yesterday and the 309dps receiver and 401 gyro should be here soon. I'll probably be too chicken to fire it up when the time comes. Havent found anyone close to me that does this stuff.
Oh well, learning is half the fun.... ill keep u posted on this newbies progress thanks for running this thread
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81416.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	885829  
Old 02-23-2008, 09:29 PM
syclic

Broncoflyer

I hope that you are not planning to use your Airwolf to learn to fly?

I would strongly suggest that you first set up the mechanics seperately outside the fuselage as a "pod and boom" Hawk and learn to set-up a heli and fly with that, then install the mechanics in the fuselage.

Basically to use the mechanics in a pod and boom configuration for training, all you would really need is the Hawk landing gear, canopy and fins. A small price to pay to save your fuselage for later.

Where is Fraser Lake in B.C. Canada? I know a number of heli flyers in B.C. and I may know some that live close to you. They may even fly Hawks, or other Century helicopters, as their helis seem to be very popular on the west coast.

P.S. Cool Power 15% fuel will be fine with the OS46
Old 02-23-2008, 09:46 PM
vaca69

Hi there: I'm thinking in the Century Hawk Pro as my next helicopter. I own an Enya 50 TT Heli Engine, new in box, and I'm not shure if this gonna fit in the Century frame. The Enya is a small Engine (for a .50 size), it fits in a .40 size engine mount and fits any O.S. .40/.46 muffler size. Unfortunately, Century has discontinued the .50 engine conversion kit for this heli. In the specs there is no mention about the weight of this heli. How much weight this bird? I bought a Futaba GY401 w/S9254 and the radio system is a JR XP7202 Heli mode. I'm flying EP Helicopters and this will be my first nitro.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Broncoflyer

Syclic,
Thank you very much for your input. As a matter of fact I was gonna fly it first time with the mechanics in the fuge. figured it would be like a bumper, so to speak, wrapped around the expensive stuff. Based on your advice I will look into costs involved in getting those extras you mentioned. I understand that there is a few differences as the scale models supposedly have shorter tail booms, only 10 or 20 mm but wouldnt that throw off the balance of the machine?. Also I think I would have to get the front battery tray i've seen on the pod& boom models. I dont suppose they come with the canopy? ill have to check. On this heli you just stuff the stuff into the front of the fuge (with balancing in mind of course)
While I have your attention I will also ask if you can tell me what kind of torque the 12v starters put out. I havent bought one yet and was wondering if a person who is a little light in the wallet all of a sudden (LOL) can use an 18v cordless drill. I plan on buying all the correct equipment but was wondering if the drill thing was ever done.
As for Fraser Lake,bc , Its 2 hrs west of Prince George on hwy 16. Not a big town and I head into Prince George often. There is a flyers club in Prince and I plan to contact them soon.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond with your tips
Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
jatomex

I´ve been flying a hawk pro with an engine OS 37 and now i´d like more power. So my question is: the OS 50 fit in the hawk pro, and is gonna need a special kit?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
jkrause528

I believe it just needs new motor mounts.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:21 PM
helicub81

Is the Hawk Pro Combo Package w/.30 size OS Engine good? It's available at http://www.helihobby.com/html/hawk_helicopter.html I am totally new to the Nitro Helicopters. I have flown the Electrics. I am wondering if this deal includes things like the starter and stuff like that? Besides the helicopters, what are the other essentials needed?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:02 AM
jkrause528

That seems like a pretty good deal. I paid $750+ from Tower for the Heli, Motor, Gyro, and Radio back in the fall. No tools or anything like that included. I don't believe the Helihobby combo includes the field accessories but some of the Heli-World combos do. http://www.heli-world.com/searchresu...x?categoryid=7 I already had a lot of that equipment from flying nitro planes so I didn't need it. From what I've read, the .30 motor may be small but it can be changed later. I'm currently waiting for decent weather so it hasn't been flown yet. The kit itself went together OK but the directions were a little vague. Plan on downloading the pdf file so you can zoom in on some of the pics.
Good luck
Jim
Old 03-16-2008, 12:46 PM
helicub81

Is the Hawk stable? Do you need stuff like pitch gauges or are they optional? Tahnks for the link, i've been looking for something like that for such a long time...
Old 03-16-2008, 08:41 PM
helicub81

The car's almost as cool as the helicopter
Old 03-13-2009, 11:38 AM
bigricksharpe

Are there any sites with history of rc models and companies, we have snow thrower sites, knick nacks, but seems everyone who has lots of experience are to busy to do it!
I'd be glad to add my two cents to anyone who knows how to put a online encyclopdia of rc helis free for RCU members, for me it would be a great learning curve!
for xample, I was told by one of my friends that back when He started scale, He won two nice Huey models in competition, something I never knew! you never hear about this tuff unless I guess your able to get into a Heli club, I hope to find one close to me here in St Paul MN just hv ta let things thaw out a bit, also, my other project has been to start a small group of Christian Veteran Goldwing riders.