Notices

real quick question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 01:14 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default real quick question

I have a 4 channel LMH, If I were to get a Hawk do you need 5 or 6 channels to operate it...like if I get a 6 channel radio and I rigged up a camera that needed a servo, would this work or would I need an 8 channel.so does it take all six channels to fly a Hawk is the actual question?....Thanks, Rog
this is all down the road aways btw
Old 02-01-2003, 02:48 AM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default real quick question

IT can be flown with 4 but your pitch curves would be strictly mechanical. With this setup, you would have to use a Y and connect the rx throttle output to both the pitch and throttle servos. A six channel radio with mixing would make this much easier plus you'd have that extra channel for your camera. With this setup however, you won't be able to take advantage of a gyro like the Futaba 401. It needs two channels for best performance. So, if you want full gyro control, pitch and throttle curve adjustability and a camera servo, you really need minimum of seven channels.
But, it can be done on 4.
Good luck,,,basmntdweller