RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   H-9 Phoenix 7 build note! mis-print!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/10001593-h-9-phoenix-7-build-note-mis-print.html)

rv7driver 09-14-2010 12:28 PM

H-9 Phoenix 7 build note! mis-print!!

Finishing up on mine and note a mis-print on step 10: it call's for a 7/32" drill bit, IT SHOULD BE 3/32" bit. I'm sure everybody would catch this but thought I'd pass it along. Pete:):)

Skip 09-14-2010 03:33 PM

RE: H-9 Phoenix 7 build note! mis-print!!

:DRub it in Pete! I ain't got mine yet. I should have it tomorrow. Keep us posted as you assemble it to any other interesting tidbits or errors. Thanks,Skip

dhal22 09-14-2010 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Skip

:DRub it in Pete! I ain't got mine yet. I should have it tomorrow. Keep us posted as you assemble it to any other interesting tidbits or errors. Thanks,Skip
what's next? a flying report note or suggestion?:D

rv7driver 09-14-2010 08:23 PM

Skip, hope to fly mine @ Alabaster. very easy plane to put together, you should have no problem skip LOL!!!!!!!!! see ya there buddy. David I'm planing on a test flight Thursday will give a report. Pete

dhal22 09-14-2010 08:36 PM

too bad i didn't have time to come and watch. good luck, have fun.

Skip 09-15-2010 05:19 AM

:DPete are you using the recommended Evolution 2 strike? Let us know how well it does.

rv7driver 09-15-2010 05:28 AM

Skip, yes the EVO 60NX.

Free Bird 09-15-2010 06:47 AM

I picked mine up last night after work along with a Evo 60NX. I'll be installing Eflite's retracts (I'll get them up on Saturday) and the header and pipe are on order. [:o]
The build (assembly) starts today and shooting for next weekend for the maiden.

FB

Atlanta 60 09-15-2010 10:47 AM

Awesome Dudes!!

I suppose I will have to order one just to support "the cause"...Not sure where the heck I'm gonna put it...I am sooooo out of room... :D

I may have to hold off a little till I can get things strightened out around here...Anyone wanna buy some stuff?? (he he...just kidding...)

Chuck

klhoard 09-15-2010 02:30 PM

Chuck,

When are you coming back to the lower 48?<br type="_moz"/>

airbusdrvr 09-15-2010 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Free Bird

I picked mine up last night after work along with a Evo 60NX. I'll be installing Eflite's retracts (I'll get them up on Saturday) and the header and pipe are on order. [:o]
The build (assembly) starts today and shooting for next weekend for the maiden.

FB
Does anyone have experience with this Evolution 60NX? Just curious. Seems to be a new engine with not a lot of info on RCU.

rv7driver 09-15-2010 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll let you know tomorrow, will test hop the P-7 with the 60NX/with muffler,I have the header and pipe so you can switch from SPA to BPA in a few minutes I also wonder about this engine over Time.:eek:

dhal22 09-15-2010 07:34 PM

great photos. looks good Pete.

rcguy! 09-15-2010 08:02 PM

Would love to know the finished weight?

Dave

John Redman 09-15-2010 08:06 PM

Should be in the 8 - 8.25 lb range with pipe and retracts.

RonMcCormick 09-15-2010 08:14 PM

rv7driver, how did the balance point come out with the 60NX with muffler?

Atlanta 60 09-16-2010 03:21 AM

Awesome Pete!!! Thanks for the photos!! Looks great and I'm sure it flies just as good... ;)

I'm off tomorrow (Friday)...Any of you guys wanna go flyin'??

Keith:
I got home September 2nd...Great to be home!! But Dang it's hot here... :D

Have Fun...

Chuck

bem 09-16-2010 04:46 AM

It flies good in this video that I'm sure many have seen already.

/Bo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYqFUIq3kmk[/youtube]

MMcConville 09-16-2010 08:31 AM

I cant wait to start hearing flight reports. I'm REALLY happy that you guys seem pleased with the quality of the model.

Free Bird 09-16-2010 09:45 AM

Pete - how did you get the spinner so close to the nose ring? Mine is about 1/8" from the nose ring, 1/16" too far out. I followed the instructions and mounted the engine so the face of the thrust washer is 4-7/16" from the firewall. Is there a better way to install the engine so the spinner gap can be minimized?

Good luck with the maiden! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

FB

rv7driver 09-16-2010 05:47 PM

OOp's, forgot to post that one, the measurements are off by3/32. I ca-ed my engine to the mounts and aligned it that way,then drill it when it right. I do that with all my engine install works pretty good, sorry bout that in all the frenzy I just plum forgot to post it. another option is buy a dubro spinner it has the offset and will take up about 1/16" towards the nose of the plane.

rv7driver 09-16-2010 06:05 PM

Ron, to answer your questions, The weight came out to 7lbs. 4ozs. with the 60NX its a little tail heavy, I'm using a 5cell nami's 6.0v 1400Mah weight is 4.5ozs. so I move it foward as far as I could and it came out right on (neutral). I did not get to fly today due to other things going on so, I'm taking it to Alabaster AL tomorrow for the SPA contest I will give the P-7 its first flight there before the contest Saturday. no pressure right!
Everybody thats seen this plane really likes it's my house has been like Grand Central Station!! Lol. Pete :D

rv7driver 09-16-2010 06:13 PM

Mike, My wife, told me since you got that new airplane That I've been like a kid @ Christmas. will be flying the P-7 @ the SPA contest in Alabaster this weekend I'm will be passing it around to anybody that would like to fly it there are a lot of guys that can fly it better than me! Pete

Free Bird 09-17-2010 09:05 AM

OOp's, forgot to post that one, the measurements are off by3/32. I ca-ed my engine to the mounts and aligned it that way,then drill it when it right. I do that with all my engine install works pretty good, sorry bout that in all the frenzy I just plum forgot to post it. another option is buy a dubro spinner it has the offset and will take up about 1/16" towards the nose of the plane.
That's what I thought. I'm going to leave it as is for now and I'll end up getting another set of mounts (when they're available) and re-do them. I'm not crazy about plastic spinners turning at high RPMs, so I'll be getting an aluminum spinner down the road. Good luck this weekend, let us know how it goes!

FB

Free Bird 09-17-2010 11:16 AM

He - he - he - he. My reracts are in and I'll be picking them up tomorrow. Now I Just need the pipe and header......

FB