Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

CCA EU1-A question

Old 10-16-2010, 05:34 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCA EU1-A question

Has anybody rec'd their kit from CCA? I'm curious about the weight of the components. Those on the waiting list please respond.
Thank you.

Dave Rigotti
Old 10-16-2010, 06:39 AM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: CCA EU1-A question

Has anybody rec'd their kit from CCA?
Dave, the answer is NO!

Date: Oct 15, 2010 10:52 PM
I am starting to ship kits of the EU1 A on Tuesday next week. I am filling all of the orders of the guys on the waiting list first. I wanted to check with you and see if you are interested in an EU1 A. As a prior customer, I wanted to offer a kit to you personally . Upon confirmation that you want a kit, I will give you an approximate delivery date. The delivery date will be within 6-8 weeks. The kit is $325. I will then give you my PayPal account info and when the kit is one week from shipping I will inform you of total cost (kit plus shipping) I will need your shipping address to calculate the shipping amount. I look forward to building your kit for you.

Thank you,

Dan

Dan Hines

Rougemont, NC
USA
Old 10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
rcguy!

Sorry...I got the impression CCA was shipping these from an earlier post. Looks like Tuesday the 19th? Anyway, my original post still stands as a want for info.

Dave
Old 10-17-2010, 10:03 AM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

Dan,

Is there a link to kit description and or plans listing what you get for $325.00?

Frank Baity
AMA 38026
Old 10-22-2010, 05:28 PM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: FBaity

Dan,

Is there a link to kit description and or plans listing what you get for $325.00?

Frank Baity
AMA 38026
Did Dan Hines answer you yet?
Old 10-22-2010, 07:38 PM
rabbid fly
My Feedback: (15)

Dan,

Frank Baity
AMA 38026
What are you new to this??? If you don't know whats in this kit. YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO FLY ONE.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:02 PM
rcguy!

ORIGINAL: rabbid fly

Dan,

Frank Baity
AMA 38026
What are you new to this??? If you don't know whats in this kit. YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO FLY ONE.
Dude!
Why so rude? A perfectly good question! What exactly do you get for your money? Wing sheeting? Ply parts? Hardware? What? I've been around Pattern for over 30 years and I won't GUESS what a vendor includes! Dan needs to tell us what HE puts in the box.
'Gettin' cabin fever already up North?"

Dave "I sign my posts" Rigotti
Old 10-22-2010, 08:28 PM
rabbid fly

Frank DUDE!If you don't know what a basic kit is after what 30 years well you are not telling the truth. the wing you are getting are sheeted glassed and painted the color you want
with the matching fuse. Is that what you want? The original EU1 A was a bare fuse , your cores plus a set of instructions thats it.You could buy a C/F kit from Magnalite, Bob Violet models if you want the best. That was extra.
Phil
Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM
rcguy!

ORIGINAL: rabbid fly

Frank DUDE!If you don't know what a basic kit is after what 30 years well you are not telling the truth. the wing you are getting are sheeted glassed and painted the color you want
with the matching fuse. Is that what you want? The original EU1 A was a bare fuse , your cores plus a set of instructions thats it.You could buy a C/F kit from Magnalite, Bob Violet models if you want the best. That was extra.
Phil
DUDE! Mystery dude! NOW you say "Basic" kit. THIS would be a modifier 'eh? Nothing in Dan's post about "basic" 'eh? Maybe YOU should read and understand the question 'eh?

You're still rude 'eh?

Dave "still signing my posts" Rigotti
Old 10-22-2010, 09:03 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some basic kits (glass and foam type to be specific) included the few formers and landing gear plates for the main gear. Deluxe versions usually meant sheeted foam surfaces, although some manufacturers would also offer firewall installation for the engine of your choice. The next level up would be the ready-to-finish version: built and ready for paint/film. Spending even more $$$ would get you the ARF version: finished (usually to your specifications) and ready for you to install your gear. Lastly, (for the really big money) you could get the 'turn-key' version (as in turn the key and drive off the lot) which had all the gear installed.
Perfectly reasonable question - not everybody has been flying since the dark ages (like me...) and hasn't encountered kits of any kind.
-Will
Old 10-22-2010, 09:11 PM
rabbid fly

Very well put Will,just didn't have the time to explain. Thank You. Phil
Old 10-24-2010, 01:31 PM
pitstop000

So, who got kits from Dan Hines ? Tuesday the 19th has come and gone.[sm=confused.gif]

Old 10-26-2010, 08:55 AM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

rcguy,

No I haven't recieved any information on kit contents. Some really rude folks on this thread! I have been building airplanes for 50
+ years to include 20 or so pattern planes and two of the old EU-1A basic kits.
The only reason I posted in this thread is because I loved the way the EU-1A flew and presented its self in the air.

Maybe some should read RCU"s thread content suggestions:

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums." Thanks.!! (RCU Policies)

Frank Baity
AMA 38026

Old 10-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Its getting older,,, colder,,, and soon the epoxy won't cure.......... Leave him alone maybe he'll get at least one done.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:05 PM
stuntflyr

Hi Frank,
I didn't get the EU-1A, but my T2A MkII kit from CCA came with a fibreglass fuselage, and lower body fairing in white gel coat, foam wings and stab, a few pages of instructions, and a small scale drawing. It was shipped in a nice box and came undamaged to southern California.
It is a bare bones "builder kit" with just these basic components and the rest is up to the builder.
My model took 8 months from order to delivery. I called, on average, once a month and was expecting to hear a lot of promises because another guy had warned me to be patient. Having been in fringe events of the hobby and dealt with the cottage industry personalities in these endevours before, I wasn't surprised and had lot's of time anyway. My thought was to get the model now before he folded, which happens a lot, and I wanted that design. I never thought to order another model, until others had received theirs, from CCA.
I have been watching the goings on at CCA in hopes of a EU-1A kit, but so far none have been delivered. I have been into the Classic Pattern thing for three years and CCA's coming EU-1A has been a topic of discussion for that entire time period.
Chris...
Old 10-26-2010, 08:04 PM
rabbid fly

Sorry Frank, the comments i made were not intended for you and i do not underestimate your ability to build a pattern plane but to some GUY that that probably thinks with half a brain most of the time Eh!.
Eh GUY how many plane of your are in the classic data base? and before you start making fun about Canadians with your little Eh! , make sure they are especially if you refer it to me because i am not.
Again Frank my apologies.
Phil
Old 10-26-2010, 09:54 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Okay guys, I think we can agree it was a mistaken response to a mistaken response, at least to somedegree. How about getting beyond it because someday, and there being a good chance, we are going to be somewhere at some contest looking for a hint, a hand, or a helper; I'd hate to think I PO'd somebody and then have to come face to face and in need, with him. I made it to one event this year, yet I made a dozen new friends and caught up with a few I hadn't seen inthree decades.
This is classic pattern andit starts with class. Frank, this a great forum with great folks, and great info; sometimes we are all guilty of flying lips faster than our upper nuerons. On my behalf and I'm sure the folks here, including Phil's, we do apologize for sending the wrong message. Stay tuned for some great happenings in classic pattern!
Mark
Old 10-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Nicely said sir. Nicely said....

Tim
Old 10-27-2010, 09:57 AM
flywilly

Well, Glad that was resolved.

Just a few words in Dan's (CCA) defense: first, as pointed out above, this is a 'cottage industry' operation and a second job for Dan. NOBODY has ever gotten rich (or even close) from
kit production. Dan is a good guy and will always keep his word, but it may take a little longer than planned. I know there have been some 'unforeseen circumstances' that have slowed Dan down and he has chosen not to publicize them here. Sadly, it is not uncommon for these type of operations to quietly disappear. I do not think that will be the case with Dan as he is a devoted classic pattern fanatic. Retirement from his day job would really help . There really aren't that many classic pattern fliers in the marketplace; so it would behoove us to be nice to the very small number of manufacturers trying to supply us.
If I remember correctly, the gentleman kitting the LA-1 (and others?) was shipped overseas by good ole Uncle Sam which really put a 'kink' in production there.
Lastly, it is really nice to be able to buy a new kit rather than overpay on e*ay (if you are the lucky winner) for an ancient version that has been sitting in somebody's attic for 25 years.
CLASSIC PATTERN ROCKS!!
-Will
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM
RonMcCormick
My Feedback: (4)

Well said
Old 10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
dhal22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RonMcCormick

Well said

agreed but both sides should take the same approach and apparently that hasn't happened.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:16 PM
rabbid fly

OK, with all you guys buying those EU1s , what are you going to use for power plant? Got myself a new Rossi 90 FIRE, i know its big and heavy compare to the Jett, but 5 bills is large for a back-up engine.!
Phil
Old 10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
flywilly

I've got a Jett 100 FIRE. I'd like to try an AXE Rossi 61 (with more prop than the good, old days, like a 12x8 or 12x9 or even 12.5x9). It is always a dilemma: more power vs more weight. The OS 95AX with a wrap around header also has appeal. I saw plenty of versions of the EU1-A back in the early '80s all were flown successfully with anything from an OS61VF to the YS60FR. The Rossi, however, was, by far, the most popular. I never saw an EU1-A that weighed less than 10lbs and some that were over the 5kg limit. I think the Rossi 90 would be a great choice!
-Will
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Gene Margiotti
My Feedback: (4)

Rabbid fly,

Could you float me a link to where I could find the Rossi 90 - been looking using google but to no avail. I also have a Webra 90 that I just might stuff into the front end of my EU1-A. But first I've got quite a bit of building and rigging to accomplish.

Gene
Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Ha, now we all talkin pattern love! Bring it on!
da Hook

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.