Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Need Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Patrick F
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Feedback

Hi Guy's My name is Pat owner and operator of Lasercut USA, My question to you all is: Would there be any Legal ramification if i wanted to offer lasercut short kits of Classic Pattern Planes, example if i take a Mach-1 or Curare which has a foam wing or any other kit that has foam wings and offer the same plane with built up wings and stabs??? I use to fly pattern back in the 70"s and got bitten by the bug again, and building a Mach-1 and Atlas now the Atlas is a all wood construction kit now and i am going to offer a short kit for this plane. I would draw up and offer plans for the built wing and stab only and supply it with the kit, you would need to purchase the original plans to build the plane.Any PRO or CON's would help.

Patrick Fallacaro
Lasercut USA
Old 12-25-2010, 11:23 AM
onewasp

Default RE: Need Feedback

Contact Jeff at:http://www.homeandhobbysolutions.com/

He IS selling kits (well done I might add) of several of the older Pattern aircraft although
he has altered the names. Ex: Taurus is Primus; Kwik Fli III is Qwic-Fly etc.

He would seem to have gone through those jumps before. A thought.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:44 AM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pat-

I PM'd you.

Brian
Old 12-25-2010, 04:09 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

I have their King Altair. Gorgeous plane. http://www.homeandhobbysolutions.com...%20Details.htm

It's probably going to be by far, the easiest kit I ever assembled.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:29 AM
roncoleman
My Feedback: (14)

Pat,

Check this site also

http://www.eurekaaircraft.com/
Old 12-26-2010, 02:38 PM
ron9844
My Feedback: (65)

Hi

If you plan on doing this try not to copy the ones that are already done by other kit cutters. Do you have a list of the planes you have cut already with a price list, still looking for a good winter project. [email protected]

Ron
Old 12-26-2010, 02:55 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: ron9844

Hi

If you plan on doing this try not to copy the ones that are already done by other kit cutters. Do you have a list of the planes you have cut already with a price list, still looking for a good winter project. [email protected]

Ron
true enough. copying other kit cutters could get this thread banned.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:43 PM
flyingtheoldones

or if he does, just have it on your website.... customers and praise a second version of a released model here themslves without the "police" threat.

Pat, PLEASE offer built up wings. built up wings are just so much fun to do.

DM
Old 12-26-2010, 04:44 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

pat.. sent you a pm
Old 12-26-2010, 05:05 PM
EscapeFlyer

Hi

Ron

Let me get this right...

So- when "X" kit cutting company consistantly puts out sub par kits, wings, customer service, etc, we should just shut up and accept it because there is no room for good old fashioned competition in the marketplace...

Hmmm.

I'm sorry, I can't agree. Capitolism does work. This way we can choose either what is superior, or what we can afford, or whatever. I say let him cut the kits that he can legaly cut- regardless of who already puts it out. I like having choices. If I don't like my choices, does that mean I shouldn't cut my own kit either?

I don't think B****r K**g would have stopped selling a cheeseburger just because Mcd*****'s already had it on the menu.

Brian

p.s. Pat- I told you this is an emotional topic... As it should be because it challanges the very core of what America has always been.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:23 PM
ron9844
My Feedback: (65)

My comment about not doing kits that other kit cutters are already doing was to increase the types of planes that are being cut and not 3,4 or 5 cutters cutting the same models.

Ron
Old 12-26-2010, 10:19 PM
EscapeFlyer

My comment about not doing kits that other kit cutters are already doing was to increase the types of planes that are being cut and not 3,4 or 5 cutters cutting the same models.

Ron

Why is that a bad thing? Maybe he can offer a better product for less money? It would draw more people into our obsession with these airplanes.

My reply was to your full statement that hadn't included the added information. So it was an honest response- defensive as it was. But it seems we have a better understanding to which I am greatful.

Patrick, I apologize if I have veered too far off you intended purpose. An important debate, none-the-less.

Brian