Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

What Do You Do With Old Stuff ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:49 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What Do You Do With Old Stuff ?

Not trying to put a crappy post up, been meaning to address this for some time. I have boxe's and more boxe's of stuff, can't get myself to throw thing's away. Once in a while, I will see someone looking for something, if I have it, I send it. There were time's in past year's, when job was in full swing, we would get transferred, I would go on, my wife would hold a garage sale. Some thing's would get sold, I would not miss them until year's later. Of course she did not remember that item she sold for a buck.

Crank
Old 04-28-2011, 03:08 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What Do You Do With Old Stuff ?

Recently having to deal with "what to do" with ALL of my mother's possessions, AND empty my own house, I no longer have a problem getting rid of old stuff. I no longer have the luxury of hanging on to stuff due to space limitations.

Are you having to downsize, or have you been watching Hoarders on TLC?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:23 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: crankpin

Not trying to put a crappy post up, been meaning to address this for some time. I have boxe's and more boxe's of stuff, can't get myself to throw thing's away. Once in a while, I will see someone looking for something, if I have it, I send it. There were time's in past year's, when job was in full swing, we would get transferred, I would go on, my wife would hold a garage sale. Some thing's would get sold, I would not miss them until year's later. Of course she did not remember that item she sold for a buck.

Crank
Just ship it over to New Port Richey. UPS will get here in one day and you'll have more room and feel better
Old 04-28-2011, 04:27 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

To what address in New Port Richey? I promise won't send trash bags, though.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:28 AM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: crankpin

Crank
Hey Vince,
Any B&D or Rhom Air retract parts/pieces? Or any Kraft wheels you'd like to ship up north?
Mark
Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark - Which part do you need for Rom-Air ? Yes, load's of Kraft wheel's, I was buying up every 2.0-2.25 & 2.50 I could find, the last 3 year's, then unloaded some. Now re-plenishing inventory. I just paid $29.95 plus shipping, for a pair of scale treaded 2.25".

The 2.75 and 3.00, they can't give them away. Did you see my latest acqusition ? Guy said it was a Curare, other's say a modified Arrow. Need's some TLC, it is painted with HobbyPoxy, now that goes way back, and a Tipo wing fit's it perfect. Canopy is glass, has been repaird in that area, I will do a good massage on it, soon as the P-6 #2 is finished. It is all wood construction, thinkning of cutting that stab out, and run it straight.
I have purchased 3 more P-6 kit's since talking to you last, complete.

Vince
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29099.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1600392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18471.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1600393  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
onewasp

That reminds me, I have two sets of Rhom Airs and a lot of Rhom parts .
I keep 'saying' I'm going to get the list made up for Amazon but for the moment they are still in a storage box.

My answer is 'so far nothing' !

Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Hey Vince,
Yes I saw it, personally I thought it looked like Hanno's early Super Sicroloy with a modified tail. If it'sa built up fuse it might be because the saddle was easy enough to mod to fit the chord. Most of the wings had nearly the same airfoil thickness/shape too so it wouldn't be hard to do. I don't think it's an Atlas or an Arrow though, it could be a scratched Curare yet, builder modifiedhisself.
Yeah, I know you have alove affair with them Kraft wheels! Does your wife know!
I have a line on some Rhoms here, but it's hard coordinating getting them (work and such). What I really need is the nose strut, connectors (lost mine),extra tees,and the fill valve (I could use my B&D ones but prefer not too), but I'dtake the noseunit alone or thewhole set of them. Send them USPS tomorrow and tell me what I owe you. By the way, they're going in my H9 P-7 that I hope to maidennext weekend (it fell into my lap so I put it on the table and sidelined the TT III until the P-7 is finished.
Two more P-6s eh? You going to be theP-6 guru here soon enough. I have justthe one, which I plan to build next winter. Hope to get down south later this year for some SPA or Classic events.
Mark

ps: Onewasp, I would just PM me for my address and ship them here to me, I'll keep them in cold storage should you ever need them, I promise!

Any chance it's a modded Sweetater (sic)? Probably not...
Old 04-28-2011, 04:21 PM
pimmnz

The fuselage does have a vague Atlas look about it, the very nose, wing position and tail fin look as an Atlas should, but the fuselage top deck and the anhedral tailplane can only be the builders own modifications. MAN and RCM&E have Atlas plans, both would give you a wing section and chord to match with what you have, and the proper outlines to mod it back, if you wished. Arrow had upright engine for RE pipe, Atlas sidewinder and muffler.
Evan, WB #12.