Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Anybody interested in a NEW YS shortstroke? New, as in produced this year...

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Anybody interested in a NEW YS shortstroke? New, as in produced this year...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody interested in a NEW YS shortstroke? New, as in produced this year...

WITH ALL THINGS BEING SYMMETRICAL, TO AVOID YOUR BASIC TRIMMIMNG ISSUES WITH THAT MASS HANGING ON THE SIDE, WOULDN'T IT BE PRUDENT TO DO A LATERAL BALANCE (EMPLY) PRIOR TO FLYING (RETRACTS UP, PIPE MOUNTED).I'VE DONE THIS MANY TIMES AND IF ONE SIDE WAS LOW, I'D ADD WEIGHT UNTIL IT BALANCES OUT BUY MEASURING WING TIP TO SURFACE. THE WEIGHT THAT WOULD BE ADDED WOULD BE BURIED IN THE WING TIPS AND COVERED. I'VE ALWAYS MAINTAIN A 10 DEGREE DOWN THRUST (PITCH) AND MY LATERAL BALANCE WAS PRETTY MUCH EVEN - JUST THE WAY I BUILD.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:41 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Default RE: Anybody interested in a NEW YS shortstroke? New, as in produced this year...

What I was referring to was the location of the vertical CG. Having the pipe above the wing instead of below it raises the vertical CG and will cause the model to pull to the canopy in a vertical climb. Also, it causes a reduction in the side area of the model and will change the rudder response, potentially causing a roll with rudder. Not saying it couldn't be worked out with trimming, but I've never felt Phoenix's with the pipe down the side flew as well. To each his own!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 PM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

Good info tony, only from a person with competitive experience - thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I spoke with Richard last week he confirmed that the RE engine will be expected end of April at $325. I am on the list.
Sparky
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 PM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Old 06-15-2013, 09:51 PM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Okay Guys, just an update . . . . . Time to put my YS Hat on!!!