Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Screaming Eagle..

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
dfturnock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Eagle..

Has anyone have build pictures of the screaming eagle, or close up pics of one finished? It sure doesn't look like a pattern 'bird', but I flew a friends back in the day, and it sure flew like one. The math in the article was right on...

Want to build one, grand kids would love it, but the plans leave a LOT to be desired, and the mag article doesn't help. Without good pics, the nose area is a real PITA to figure out. Magazine Article attached

Will try other threads also, but seems most of the guys that were flying then are in here

Don
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Vt57389.pdf (1.94 MB, 17 views)
Old 03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
WEDJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Screaming Eagle..

Although on the fringe, it definitely qualifies as classic pattern. I remember the article. The Prather Panther also comes to mind..........
Old 03-08-2012, 04:44 PM
jmb52760

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screaming Eagle..

Cool! A .60 size plane that flies like a classic pattern plane and looks like an eagle.

We actually have a group of bald eagles that reside along the Ark river next to our field (Chapin in Wichita). This plane would amuse the many visitors to our field that come for a look at the eagles.

I must build this!

Where can I get the plans? Edit: just realized who the original poster is... checking Eureka for plans of the eagle. Nope. [&o]

Mitch