Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

RCM plans service sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCM plans service sucks

Old news....we are way past that now.....this was posted weeks ago by.......uhhh....me?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Tom B 1956

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The actual address is the above and since its a Mobil park. It's unit H. You get that from the county tax accessor tax rolls. I also google maps to confirm the info. But I am not sure it would do any good since that had been done recently.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Dave Harmon

ORIGINAL: Tom B 1956

The actual address is the above and since its a Mobil park. It's unit H. You get that from the county tax accessor tax rolls. I also google maps to confirm the info. But I am not sure it would do any good since that had been done recently.
Hey Tom....did you ever find out what thir problem is/was?

Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Tom B 1956

Hi David

No the letter I posted is all I got back. But I received the order and the 5 dollar discount. I notice that Rc Groups forum has gone quite so I think they are back to their 6 to 8 week before they ship. Nothing else as to why they stopped shipping for such a long time.

Tom
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Will40simmons

I spoke to a nice lady at RCM plans a couple of hours ago. I called around 6:30 pm Pacific time. She said that there had been a death in the family, and it caused a halt in things for awhile. She assured me that they are still in business, and my order (placed in Jan 2013) will go out this Friday. She even gave me time to look up another plan I wanted to order, and said I could call her back to add it to my order. When I called back, she didn't answer, but a few minutes later, she called ME back. I gave her my order, and asked her to look for an article from the magazine that I also wanted reprinted. She once again called me back, after looking for the article, and said she had found it. She said that I can call her in the afternoons if I want to reach her in the future.
It sounds like they are trying to get back on track again, and continue to fill orders in the future. Hopefully we can all go on with ordering from them in the future, with assurance of getting our orders filled. I really enjoy building and creating, not that I don't like ARF's, but there are so many unique planes that a person can build, so you aren't just flying the same thing everyone else has.
I'll post on here when I get my plans, hopefully that's soon.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 AM
AwwNaww

That is good news! I wish they could put the RCM mag onto dvd. I enjoyed the writing back in the day. I do not care for most of todays pubs.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Will40simmons

Well, Saturday, I got my plans from RCM plans, including the extra ones I ordered when I talked to the lady on the phone that I wrote about recently. I got everything she promised, including the reprint of an article from the magazine that I had been looking for, but couldn't find. All the plans (4 in all) looked really good, and they were of the same great quality that RCM has always been known for. I think we can have faith that RCM Plans Service is still in the business of shipping plans, you just have to be really patient, and order them WAYYYYY ahead of the time you want to start on your building project.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plans services like RCM desperately need our support and patience.... For kit builders, they are essential!!!

I am happy you received your plans. Now, do a build thread for us!

Brian
Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Will40simmons

I've gotten some great plans from RCM over the years, and this batch is no exception. I got the Grumman Widgeon, the Lazy Ace biplane, the Lavochkin La-7, and the Ford Trimotor. When I can get some more money to buy materials for building, I'll do a building thread for one of the plans. I also have the Anderson Kingfisher from RCM plans. Any of these should be a great project. The Lazy Ace by Chuck Cunningham will be the simplest to build. It looks to be a really good, simple design that flies well. The Kingfisher has real character, something unique, not like all the cookie cutter ARF's that all these companies keep producing. There are some ARFs that are really nice, but I enjoy putting something together by hand. It's nice to create something unique.
I think RCM plans is back on track. The lady that I talked to by phone was extremely helpful. She said there had been a death in the family, and that threw everything off. I don't know what really happened, but let's all give them our support, and keep them alive. They have some really good designs, classics of the RC world, and we need to keep these classic designs flying. Maybe more people will get interested in building if we show up with our unique creations, taken from the designs that have appeared in this former magazine.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:11 PM
rcxunil2

This makes me happy... as I ordered my plans about 3 weeks after you ordered yours, apparently.

I'm hoping to get my plans relatively soon.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Will40simmons

You might call them and attempt to reach them by phone just to verify your order was received. Try calling in the afternoon.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 PM
ghealey

I have had good service over the years from RCM plans but in November I paid for a set of L'Essence II plans. I have emailed and tried to call from Australia but I the number rings out. If anyone has a good contact I would be thankful. I am not interested in a refund but would really like the plans. If there is a problem it would be nice to have one of my many mails answered.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 AM
Nikolas K

Hello to everyone!

I have also placed an order to RCM Plans since 11 September 2012, but I didn't receive anything for 2-3 months!!!Moreover, my order has been declined for some reason in 16 December 2012.
My order number is 5989 and concerns the Gentle Lady plans.
Can anyone contact them for me please,or forward them this message, as I live in Europe and communication with them is non-existent? I would like to know what the problem was...
Old 05-15-2013, 11:04 AM
rcxunil2

I sent them a letter by certified mail on April 24. It sat waiting for pickup from 4/27 until yesterday, 5/14 at which point it was changed to status "unclaimed".

It seems dealing with them is like riding a roller coaster. I keep thinking I'll get somewhere, but after a bumpy ride I end up back where I started.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 PM
cjet

I ordered plans on 1-31-13. Has anyone received plans made after that order date?

Thanks ...
Old 05-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Will40simmons

I think maybe I got lucky, and happened to catch her in the office that day. I'm not sure, but it may be that talking to her on the phone and asking nicely gets results.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:57 PM
cjet

I agree.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2013, 03:50 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know that I'd like to order some plans, but I don't dare. Too bad. She could be making some very easy money. Does she realize all the bad press she's getting and the money she's losing because no one dares to order?

If you get in contact with her, ask her if she'd like to sell the business?

Bob
Old 05-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Will40simmons

I don't know if they are aware of the bad press or not. I think some people have sent them letters, stating their displeasure in how the orders are being handled. Hopefully they will improve their service soon. I would hate to see RCM plans fold up. They have some awesome designs. I've tried to enlarge one of the plans from the magazine pages using a program called rapid resizer, thinking I could get around buying the plans from them. It's very difficult to get the program to get the dimensions exactly correct. You really need to have the plans printed by the plans service, to get the best quality. Unfortunately, Fed EX kinkos copy center is no help either. I've called them before, asking about emailing them a PDF of the magazine page, and getting them to enlarge the plans to full size, using the little 6 inch ruler in the bottom right corner of the page, to set the size correctly. They are absoultely clueless about what you are talking about. It's like hiring a beginner at McDonalds to fix an 18 wheeler's transmission. You might as well be speaking Martian or Russian, for all the communicating you are able to do with them. So, unfortuanetly, we are stuck with RCM, unless someone knows of a way to accurately enlarge these magazine sized plan images to full size.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Will40simmons

By the way, does anyone out there have a copy of the Ultimate 4-120 plans that appeared in RCM magazine in November of 1993? RCM for some reason, no longer has the master of that plan, and she could not sell me a copy. Doc Matthews designed a kit bash of the ACE 4-120 biplane, which converts the model to an Ultimate biplane. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that drawing. I have the magazine size pages, but I'd like the full size plans.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Dave Harmon

ORIGINAL: N1EDM

I know that I'd like to order some plans, but I don't dare. Too bad. She could be making some very easy money. Does she realize all the bad press she's getting and the money she's losing because no one dares to order?

If you get in contact with her, ask her if she'd like to sell the business?

Bob
Somone is going to have to go knock on a door.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:00 PM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

I ordered a set back in February, stillwaiting.
Does anyone have a set of the RCM Trainer 40, that is what I ordered. I want to build one for my grandson who I am teaching at the moment.
I learned on an RCM Trainer 40.

Crashlander
Old 05-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Dave Harmon

ORIGINAL: crashlander

I ordered a set back in February, stillwaiting.
Does anyone have a set of the RCM Trainer 40, that is what I ordered. I want to build one for my grandson who I am teaching at the moment.
I learned on an RCM Trainer 40.

Crashlander
The easiest thing to do is get a BlueJay Models Air Cruiser kit. It is almost the same as the RCM Trainer.
It is a great airplane to train with and is a great kit as well.
http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/aircruiser60.html
It comes in two sizes. The 60 size will fly great wioth a 40 engine....it is very light and is great fun with a 60. I have had 4 of them over the years.
I am building one of their Dirty Birdy kits right now and the wood is just great.
No die cutting....
These are the original Joe Bridi designs and are very well done by Lynn Latta.
The kits have the original Bridy plans and workbook.

I would not waste any time with the RCM Plans fiasco....too bad too.
I wish I owned it...You would have those plans already.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65688.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1885461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51218.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1885462  
Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 PM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks Dave. That is very interesting.
I could also convert that to electric.
Thanks again.

Orlando
Old 05-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Dave Harmon

ORIGINAL: crashlander

Thanks Dave. That is very interesting.
I could also convert that to electric.
Thanks again.

Orlando
That would work out very well I think.

The airplane in the picture was built in 88' and one of my sons learned to fly on it.
I has been wrecked pretty badly at least 4 times and rebuilt.
Originally it had the engine upright because I knew he was going to be slamming it on the ground repeatedly.
He did that and more...so did I.
The entire tail was torn off, the fuse sides split up to the wing, then the gear torn out, then had a mid air with another kid....then I was messing around with it doing outside loops close to the ground on purpose.
Of course I hit the ground....the rudder tip hit the runway yanking the nose down and ripped the glo plug out of the head, ripped out the firewall, ripped off a good part of the wing upper leading edge sheeting, busted a bunch of ribs, tore off the tail again.

If that was not enough....I drug it home by the throttle rod and threw the whole mess in a corner of my garage...servos, engine, tank and all.
It laid there untouched for 11 years.
Then I moved and I remember standing there looking at it wondering of it was worth repairing for the 4th time when it was so cheap and easy to build a whole new airplane.
Well....sentimental me.....I rescued the damn thing and 5 years later (2 years ago) I rebuilt the whole thing again....this time I replaced the entire tail and firewall and mounted another K&B 61 sideways this time.

I did a few mods as well....2 aileron servos instead of the monkey motion aileron linkage, pull-pull rudder wires and a general cleanup. The rudder is larger than the original.
Also....originally the wing was built with half of the dihedral for better aerobatics.
During the entire life of this airplane the wing structure other than the upper leading edge was undamaged....oh, I replaced the tips this time too.

Anyway....it's a tough old bird that just keeps on keeping on.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.