Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

25 Engine recommendations needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Jim Johns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 Engine recommendations needed

I came across photos and the plans for my old Airtronics New Era III and thought it might be a lot more fun to fly in Alabama than it was in windy Kansas. Unfortunately, both the airframe and my trusty Super Tigre X-25 were sold years ago. It should be an easy plane to build, but it will need a powerplant. Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe one for sale? A muffled engine would be fine - no pipe needed.
Thanks, Jim
Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 AM
stg61abc

Default RE: 25 Engine recommendations needed

Hi Jim, I thing that an Enya 25 will do an excellent powerplant for your plane. Great engine of excellent quality
Regards
Carlo
Old 03-11-2013, 08:58 AM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Jim,
what about a Rossi R 26 CR ?? I'll bet that would get the job done ..

Dave ..
Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Jim Johns

ORIGINAL: stg61abc

Hi Jim, I thing that an Enya 25 will do an excellent powerplant for your plane. Great engine of excellent quality
Regards
Carlo
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not an Enya fan. My very first R/C egine was an Enya and it was never reliable.

ORIGINAL: dphill2

Hey Jim,
what about a Rossi R 26 CR ?? I'll bet that would get the job done ..

Dave ..
Ya think, Dave??

Old 03-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Jon Wold

A piped O.S .32 SX, and now the .35 AX will be a decent choice for any 25-size application. Also, try a .46 LA. You'll find it's the same size and weight as a ball raced .25, and has good power (although not as much as a piped .32)
Old 03-11-2013, 05:09 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jon,

I quite like the piped 32 SX's too but they are quite heavy. The OS AX series are veritable porkers weighing close to twice as much as a Webra of equal displacement. Weight aside, the 25/35 AX just don't bode well on classics. They are designed to turn lower pitch larger diameter props at lower RPM. That's where their power band is developed.

I think a lighter engine turning higher rpm's might do better on a New Era III which Jim has in mind to build. The piped 32 SX is great on slightly larger birds like Aurora's, Cosmos' and Mystics.

Jim, if you'd like to try an engine that will fly over 15 min on 4 oz of fuel, look no further than the Norvel. Comes with a muffler too and is current production. Very simple and nicely made. If you put a Macs 3.5 cc muffled pipe on it, the NE will go ballistic!

David