Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Classic Beetle Pattern Plane

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 PM
roncoleman
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Classic Beetle Pattern Plane

You know where. 200913077047
Old 04-17-2013, 02:44 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Classic Beetle Pattern Plane

I was very close to buying this plane a couple of weeks ago. Traveling through Arkansas helps with the shipping costs. Apparently it was built with a flying stab, but was damaged when a gust of wind flipped it on it's back. To stay in the tournament the stab was epoxied and elevators were installed. Looks to be a project plane in my opinion. I wanted the plane for the belly pan if nothing else as that is the only major item I need. Unfortunately that has a lot of wear and tear on this plane.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:26 AM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A project plane for sure...

I'm gonna be sending my Pattern-Tec Beetle to Don so there will hopefully be a Beetle available in the future...The Pattern-Tec beetle is a fiberglass "knock-off" of the Beetle which was done back in the day...It's a little different than the MK wood kit judging from photos (never seen an MK Beetle in person) but it seems to be pretty close...

I'm sending my PRIZE MK Skymaster also!! I honestly can't believe I'm sending the SM but I thought it's better to have it preserved than be selfish....Plus, I want to be able to get another one if I crash it!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 AM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not worth the time, too beatup, the belly pan is trash. The front end where the engine is covered is gone. I see nothing salvageable, maybe the wing halfs.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:54 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thats why I passed on it.

Chuck, we need to get together and refurbish the Skymaster fuse I left at your house a few yrs ago.