Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Rossi.61 Rear Exhaust Carb

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Patrick F
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossi.61 Rear Exhaust Carb

Hey all does anyone have or know where i can get a carb for this engine, or is there another type i can use (perry, webra)
Old 10-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Wssmt41833

Patrick, give me a call tomorrow I may be of help.
William Shores
SMT Distributing
Klasskoteal
205/306-4526
Old 10-29-2013, 05:18 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

There are a few available for this engine. Back in the day they came with an 8mm carb. More power can be had with the Rossi 10mm carb. From what I gather the 10mm carb initially had some issues but the 10mm carbs that I have run over the past few years have performed great. IMO there is nothing wrong with the stock Rossi carbs and I actually prefer them over just about every other brand I have run. Truth is I really can't recall any engine/carb combo I was not able to get to work well. Because carbs have adjustments they seem to get the blame for all sorts of problems. Properly set up your Rossi should be an animal, I bumped up the exhaust timing to 180 degrees and ran a 6" header and a Macs 10cc muffled pipe. With that combo I could easily get 12K with an APC 11X11. Even with the mods the engine idled and transitioned great. It was mounted on a warbird pylon airplane, I took great pride in the fact that I could land and taxi my race airplane.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Yak13
My Feedback: (17)

I have been successful using an OS 7D on both a 61F and a 75F. it is a bit larger than the NR 10mm carb and gives excellent power, but the outer diameter of the neck is smaller, so you will have to place some kind of adapter.

Nothing equals the NR 10mm though.