Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Kudos to Tower Hobbies!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 11:17 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kudos to Tower Hobbies!

I’ve just had a singularly wonderful experience with the Tower Hobbies service and wanted to share it with the forum. I purchased a pattern aircraft related item from Tower. After a few weeks I decided that it was not the quality I was looking for and sent it back to Tower unused and in the original packaging. They accepted the item and gave me a complete refund for all my cost without any questions.

I’ve been a Tower Hobbies customer for decades and their service has always been great and continues in this world where customers our often treated poorly. Tower is a super asset to our hobby!

Old 02-07-2006, 11:48 AM
XTOL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kudos to Tower Hobbies!

Unfortunately not everyone gets that kind of service from GP/Tower et al.
Lots of people (including me) have been royally screwed by them.

Mike Hammer
Old 02-07-2006, 03:24 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: XTOL

Unfortunately not everyone gets that kind of service from GP/Tower et al.
Lots of people (including me) have been royally screwed by them.

Mike Hammer
Mike

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. As far as the GP kits go, I’ve only built one and that was a Tiporare and it is a great kit. I snapped together a GP Stik ARF and it was fine for an ARF and built one Tower Kaos kit that is very good.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:59 PM
jlingrel

Tower sent me a wonderful, brand new, Little Toni and an OS 91 4 Stroke Pumper. I have been anticipating this for a while now. Only trouble was, UPS turned the fuselage into a pancake. Not a Tower problem. I have been buying from them since the early 70s when we mail ordered from them from Germany

John
Old 03-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Tailgunner-RCU

I would agree, I think Tower Hobbies customer service is excellent.

Unfortunately their packaging is terrible...

It just seems that (almost) every package sent to me is damaged in some way. Oh and I know UPS shares the blame...

Just yesterday I received a package with a couple of kits in it. Tower placed the kits in a very weak box and sure enough it was ripped open, dented and generally a mess...

I made the BIG mistake of accepting it, bad move....

When I looked it over, move closely, in the house I noticed that the top part of a prop blade was sticking out of the box...Another prop wasn't there at all...

Anyway, I called Tower and it seems that a claim would have to filed with UPS, then an investigation and so on to determine what's damaged, who pay for it..etc...

I'm sure that Tower will try to make things right, but why can't they just get stronger boxes and pack them better (those air-filled plastics bags are useless!)????

Oh and I have learned my lesson, any signs of damage and the package goes back...immediately...