Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

MidSouth Vintage RC Society Flyin Update

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

MidSouth Vintage RC Society Flyin Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:53 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MidSouth Vintage RC Society Flyin Update

Guys, just an update that there are only 6 weeks left until the Mid-South VRCS Fly-In. Check out The webpage at http://midsouthflyin.tripod.com As you can see we have some nice trophies for the Class III Pattern event. Also this year we will be awarding 9 x 11 plaques from the AMA for the following:

Technical Achievement
Youngest Pilot
Oldest Pilot
Concours
Best Finished Model
Best Old Timer Design (SAMS Type Models)
Vintage RC Pattern Class II Falcon 56 Only

The technical award will be presented to the participant who demonstrates the true spirit of the VRCS through the recreation/refurbishing of vintage radio, engine, component etc.

Don't forget the Impromptu SWAPMEET again this year. We will also have a few vendors setup to offer their wares to all so make sure you have room to tote some stuff back!!!

Also The Comfort Inn in Fuquay Varina has agreed to a special discount to all MidSouth participants by just mentioning the MidSouth VRCS Fly-In when checking in or making reservations. Their number is 919-557-9000.

Finally this year's banquet will be held at a special location selected by our club presidents/owners Ralph and Pasty Tudor. They were a bit disappointed in last year's service and have gone out of their way to secure a facility with some good down home Southern style cooking!! The cost per person will be $12.00 which includes the meal and tip.

Please give me a call or e-mail me for any additional information. Bob Harris 919-363-2211 of [email protected]. Hope to see everyone there in May!!

Here are the trophies for the Class III Precision Pattern event as well as samples of the plaques being awarded for the various categories.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16827.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	435423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53690.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	435424