Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Allied Hobbies Integra

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:17 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Allied Hobbies Integra

Can anyone tell me when this design appeared and How well does it perform to other designs of the day?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Aurora_60
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Allied Hobbies Integra

I found a link for RCM dating it 4/75. Couldn't confirm it though. Anyone have that issue? Claims RCM has the plans as well. Would be nice to see a pic.

DM
Old 08-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Aurora_60

Found some...
Gotto love that CAsniffer.. You know why.

DM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35427.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1266058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78625.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1266059  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

I saw one fly about '77-'78.
I couldn't tell you how well it flew because the guy flying it knew nothing about pattern. It crashed, anyway.
I never saw another one. Strangely enough I saw a kit show up on thebay a couple of years ago.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 AM
cjbotox
My Feedback: (11)

Although this thread is seemingly dead, I would like to revitalize it.

First, I have old yellowed plans saved from 4 Integras I built in early 90's. I found a company that sell the foam cores and will resurrect another.
If you're wondering what makes this plane so special, it is in a class of its own. It flies rock stabil and lands like a trainer. An ordinary K&B .61 powered all my planes effortlessly - even with full house retracts.

There's a small thread on RC Groups with interaction with designer Dick Russ, and I can't get through to him. Has something happened to him?

I bought one of the first Allied kits in 1976, after reading in RCM (?) how it placed first in competition. It has looks it has... well I'm biased so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

If anyone knows how I can contact Dick Russ, I want to ask him the difference between Integra and Integra II.

John
Old 06-23-2012, 10:18 AM
mixerfix

CJ - can plans still be had?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM
cjbotox

Well mixerfix, there are no commercially available plans available that I heard of - any where. That's another reason I'd like to contact Mr. Russ.
My plans could be copied, although a couple small peices fell off which have no real significance. One thing I don't have is the instruction manual, but as I mentioned, there's a thread on RCGroups where a gentleman has the whole kit in a box (undoubtedly built by now). I still remember how to build from memory, cause I built so many. Maybe if you're serious you could contact the other party for a copy. I could do a build thread, but I doubt there's enough colective interest for this project.

If you have read the few comments posted about this plane, you should see one where a professional trainer flew one built by a student and said a lot of good things. I remember the guy who taught me to fly was shocked when I brought this plane out for him to maiden. I never told him I bought the kit over a decade ago (back then there were only a handful of ARF's).

The fiist plane on it's first flight was spectacular. He told me it was the most solid flying AC he'd ever flown, and hogged flying time a lot. What neither of us took into account was the fact it was a pattern plane. I was a newbe and crashed it after 5 flights. To me, it was the fastest thing I ever flew. I built another quickly, and it lasted longer but radio problems ended it.

This plane is very COMPACT and standard radio gear has to be shoe horned in the fuse.
It has a close resemblance to a reno mustang, even with trike gear.

When I finish building this one, I will have a better idea to compare flying characteristics to. I'm also going to try and post a couple pics.

John

Old 06-25-2012, 09:37 AM
cjbotox

I couldn't find picture of #1, it was red and white. These are #2 and #3, circa 1990. Not fancy in covering but practical.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56555.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1775618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19652.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	1775619